• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourite Pokémon from each gen?

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
1: Mewtwo - Overrated as hell.
2: Blissey - I hate defensive Pokemon.
3: Metagross - Just a bad experience with them overall.
4: Spiritomb - Tough to get in D/P/Pt without trading. Ugly, too.
5: Boldore - Because of Sturdy.
6: Greninja - Overexposed in the XYZ anime.
7: Rowlet - The most tryhard "funny" Pokemon in SM.

Last edited:

Reli

uwu
Years
Gen 1: Dugtrio/Magneton - I don't like those pokemon that only merge 3 of them
Gen 2: Octillery - it seems stuffed
Gen 3: Volbeat / Illumise - I don't know, just don't like it
Gen 4: Chimchar familly - They seems very ugly to me
Gen 5: Patrat/Watchog - Ugly
Gen 6: Binacle/Barbacle - They are an error. They should not exist.
Gen 7: Guzzlord - I don't know, just don't like it (again)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Ohhh boy, this is gonna be a tough one... I'm not really predisposed to feeling any sort of strong negative emotions towards fictional characters or creatures, so this is likely just going to be which Pokémon I like the least, rather than which ones I dislike the most, if that distinction makes sense.

For each generation...
  1. Probably Pinsir? I dunno, I just don't think about it very much, since it's relatively obscure in-game (and also unobtainable without trading in Red version, which is my primary Gen 1 game) and it's not really to my tastes aesthetically, either.
  2. Stantler, maybe? For largely similar reasons. It's not as hard to find, but there's just nothing about it that really grabs me all that much, either.
  3. Ehhh, maybe Glalie? These are hard. I kinda like all Hoenn Pokémon, in particular. In Glalie's case, I just like Snorunt more than it, aesthetically, so it's a teensy bit of a bummer to have to evolve a Snorunt into it (if the Snorunt is male or in a Gen 3 game) in order for it to reach its full potential.
  4. Hmm, no one Pokémon stands out, but I feel it warrants mentioning that Sinnoh has by far my least favorite set of starters. I guess that can sort of count? I don't hate them by a long shot, but none of them really entice me as starter options, either.
  5. Basculin. There's just really nothing at all that stands out about it to me. It doesn't evolve to or from anything, and it's not really that interesting on its own.
  6. The fact that the Flabébé line isn't half Grass-type Probably it'd have to be Binacle and Barbaracle. Nothing against them, they're just super not my style.
  7. Ultra Beasts, just as a concept in general. I'm kinda really disappointed that Pokémon fell into using weird alternate dimension plot points instead of just not acknowledging the inconsistencies in the presence or absence of certain mechanics, trusting the understanding that the differences are motivated entirely by gameplay. That's really the main thing I don't like; Ultra Beasts are kinda just collateral.

Although you have Stantler as a least fav, listing the pre school designed UBs easily makes up for it. UBs are awful. Worst concept in the series. Sinnoh starters are also overrated.

OT: updated my least favs

Gen 1: Exeggcute. bunch of eggs with faces. Probably not even edible. Chansey is a far better pokemon with a egg motif. Also unpopular opinion but I dislike Pikachu for being a pandered mascot. Raichu is a far better pokemon. The gall they had in the unfunny Ultra Moon dex entry to poke fun at the fact the Raichu is overlooked in favor of the chosen Pikachu, all mighty mascot. Also Voltorb/Electrode are still dull so they go on this list again.

Gen 2: Togepi. Another eggmon on this list. Annoying in the anime. And for a supposedly special gift pokemon, it's useless and the weakest babymon in game and a chore to raise into Togetic.

Gen 3: Wurmple and Silcoon, uninteresting and useless Caterpie/Metapod clones. At least Metapod has a funny scene in the anime. Beautifly and Dustox's designs I like though so they aren't included. Latios and Latias because they shouldn't be separate species, they are literally clones and their megas are even more indistinguishable from each other. They can just be gender differences honestly. Ralts line again, they are Abra clones except with a waifu makeover.

Gen 4: Still Lucario. And most cross evolutions. Except for the gen 3 ones, eeveelutions and Porygon-Z. And most Sinnoh Legendaries are high in quantity but low in quality.

Gen 5: Patrat/Watchog. Ferrothorn for overshadowing Forretress. Most legendaries like the genies are unmemorable and in excess numbers like in Gen IV.

Gen 6: Greninja and its fan service form. And if forms count, most fan service megas like Charizard X and Mewtwo. Charizard did not need two Megas and Mewtwo should have been left alone before the DBZ upgrades. Zygarde for being one of those pokemon that GF doesn't know what to do with except make it overpowered and cool for the kids.

Gen 7: Still UBs. Mareanie/Toxapex for being annoying walls specifically made for smogon to fawn over. While I don't hate Mimikyu and Rowlet, their fan hype was just excess. I also dislike a lot of gen 7 pokemon for how competitively pandered they were made and their tailored made unique abilities to boost their viability while many old pokemon are still stuck with useless abilities... I like their designs though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Gen 1: Oddish
Gen 2: Crobat
Gen 3: Mawile/Breloom/Milotic
Gen 4: Mismagius
Gen 5: Scolipede/Galvantula
Gen 6: Noivern
Gen 7: Lurantis
Did you just post your favourite Pokemon of each generation? This thread is about your least favourites, AKA the ones that you don't like.

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
Oooh that's a nice thread we have here ^^. Let's try to give my opinion:

Generation I

Jynx, because i really don't like this aspect and i find him weird. i don't know if you know, but they recolored him because he was a way too caricatural and could be seen as a racist representation of black people. That's quite enough for me to dislike him (and he is way too affectionnal with his kisses ^^).

Generation II

Unown. Seriously, it's just a flying letter with an eye! It's completely useless in battle, maybe trainer learn to read by catching them, but otherwise, i don't see why they where not ONLY letters.

Generation III

Spinda, another useless pokemon with weird eyes that mowe strangely, and i know why! They seems to have take too much ash from the MTt.Chimney. It should be named the "drug addict" pokemon.

Generation IV

Lumineon, because that's just a fish, i mean we can find him for real in any aquarium ^^, and because i don't know quite well that gen.

Generation V

Swoobat. Here is also the uggliest pokemon I've ever seen and for me the uggliest of all the generations. This is NOT a bat, it's the product of an hippopotamus, a bat, a scorpion and something with a white fur ( a polar bear ^^?). Even if someone propose me that thing to train or Magikarp, i shall take Magikarp ^^.

Generation VI

Slurpuff. That what happened when you let a cupcake alone in your fridge a little too long.

Generation VII

Crabominable. I'm agree with Topaz Light to say that Ultra Beast are just from a different universe just to create monsters who don't have to be realistic . But Crabominable, oh god, he has a double typing that i find cool, and they have find the way to create an ugly crab with fur with an idiot expression on his face, and i don't even want to talk about his arms...

Reli

uwu
Years
Did you just post your favourite Pokemon of each generation? This thread is about your least favourites, AKA the ones that you don't like.

Aah! my english it's little broken and that day I was especially distracted, thank you very much, I already edited it.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I don't really dislike any pokémon but:
1. Grimer/Muk
2. Magby
3. Spoink
4. Rotom
5. Tynamo
6. ???? I really can't think of a Pokémon I don't care for, the Pokémon were all great.
7. Yungoos.

I still like some of the Pokémon I listed. Guess i'm easy to please.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I don't really dislike any pokémon but:
1. Grimer/Muk
2. Magby
3. Spoink
4. Rotom
5. Tynamo
6. ???? I really can't think of a Pokémon I don't care for, the Pokémon were all great.
7. Yungoos.

I still like some of the Pokémon I listed. Guess i'm easy to please.

<3333

Years
Gen 1: Mr. Mime - Extremely creepy

Gen 2: Dunsparce - I don't actually dislike this Pokémon but its design is one of the worst of a very strongly designed generation and it annoys me on showdown random battles.

Gen 3: Wingull - Again it's just one of the less impressive designs of a strongly designed generation, and supersonic.

Gen 4: Rhyperior - It's a tough choice between this and Magmortar but I choose Rhyperior since Rhydon was an amazing design they ruined whereas the ruining of Magmar didn't hurt me as much.

Gen 5: Conkeldurr - It just looks horrific.

Gen 6: Chesnaught - It also just looks horrific. (This was probably the easiest choice out of every generation as I LOVE most of the Gen 6 designs and would use almost every family from this generation)

Gen 7: Kommo-o - What on earth is this? So much going on and it ends up looking like a mess.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Gen 1: Seel - The line in general. Don't really know why, just don't like them.

Gen 2: Jumpluff - I like Hoppip and Skipbloom, but this one kind of irks me.

Gen 3: Exploud - This a little bit of a tougher choice. But what the heck is this thing? I like the Whismur line then this beast happened. I don't hate it, but might be my least favorite of gen 3, at-least tied with Shelgon.

Gen 4: Mantyke - I typically like baby pokemon, but this is probably my least favorite. Mantine isn't anything special, and the design on the baby isn't for me.

Gen 5: Druddigon - I dislike a few of Gen 5's pokemon, but the choice was easy. This thing looks like a kid sculpted it out of play-doh.

Gen 6: Aromatisse - Not a fan of the whole line / slurpuff line, but this one is just why?

Gen 7: Pheramosa - A little bit of a hard choice between this, Buzzwhole, Bruxxish, Shiitoic, The final evo of Bounsweet. But I dislike UB and I still haven't warmed up to Pheramosa. Tsareena makes a good choice too.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2022
The thing that always stops me from hating a pokemon is it's concept. No matter how dumb you think the thing is, they usually have a really good explanation for how it looks. But I guess these are the one I hate despite the lore.

Gen 1: I would say Jynx because I hate how it looks, but Dugtrio is the most meaningless even if not the ugliest, it's just Digglet which it's just a head.
Gen 2: Thought one, maybe Dunsparce, it could have been a better pokémon considering it's concept.
Gen 3: I love gen 3, so this one is hard, but i guess Swalot is really random.
Gen 4: I actually like most of the evolutions, even Probopass, so I have to say Burmy and Wormadam, forgetful pokémon based on disgusting insects, just nope.
Gen 5: Many bad ones in this gen, but Conkeldurr wins this one, bad concept and it looks even worse.
Gen 6: Barbaracle, PLEASE delete this monstrosity from the game. Easily the worst pokémon in the game, it might be the only one I actually hate.
Gen 7: Ok, I don't really hate Incineroar, but I hate what it represents. I hate how it looks like another Fire/Figthing, I hate that we got another anthropomorphic fire starter and I hate because I love Litten and it deserved more.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I just know I have two for gen 3: Exploud and Sableye

Exploud 'cuz its big loud mouth reminds me of awful memories of my dad yelling at us a lot, and all my awful meltdown screaming fits, also a big ugly loud pink troll also makes me think of drama queen mean girl types :(

Sableye for the reason that it reminds me of the enemies in my most hated game series. I don't need to get more into detail than that...

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Gen I: Mr.Mime
Gen II: Forretress
Gen III: Plusle (Looked too close to Pichu yet had no relation)
Gen IV: Electivire
Gen V: Zweilous
Gen VI: Slurpuff
Gen VII: Bruxish

Pieman50

Pokemon Maniac
Years
Gen 1: Magikarp
Gen 2: HootHoot
Gen 3: Barboach
Gen 4: Stunky (Bidoof at least is good HM slave)
Gen 5: Purrloin/Liepard
Gen 6: Slurpuff
Gen 7: Alolan Sandslash

Years
Gen 1: Spearow
Gen 2: Hoppip
Gen 3: Volbeat
Gen 4: not played (yet)
Gen 5: Audino
Gen 6: not played (yet)
Gen 7: not played (yet)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Not a definite list but I just wrote down who comes to mind first! (also I'd format but I'm on my phone)

Gen 1: Hypno - I was struggling to think of a least favourite until I remembered Hypno. It's so ominous and not to mention the idea of it hypnotising people and Pokemon like YIKES no thanks. Not to mention its design is... interesting. I also vaguely remember hearing a creepypasta about Hypno as a child that put me off it even more. I appreciate them trying to have other Psychic Pokemon and I could see what they were going for but... I really would have been ok if it didn't exist.

Gen 2: Unown - I like Psychic Pokemon so not sure why I've had 2 in a row on this list but like... it's just a symbol and all it does is use Hidden Power. I think the movie that featured Unown was interesting but outside of that, they're quite bland Pokemon with no purpose (other than perhaps it being a challenge to collect all of the different Unown) so they're probably my least favourite from this gen.

Gen 3: Illumise - Honestly a lot of the bug Pokemon were kinda eh in this generation which is disappointing cause bug types are great :( I feel like Illumise was the most underwhelming of them all... I just didn't like its design as it was unsettling and it didn't really offer anything cool.

Gen 4: Purugly - Highly considered putting down Garchomp because of how upset 8 year old me was at not being able to beat Cynthia after 15 attempts but honestly it's a pretty cool Pokemon when she's not using it :D But yeah what is Purugly, the one thing they did get right about it was its name cause HOLY does it look mean and overall not something you'd want on your team. Also I just remember really disliking Mars and her Purugly so maybe that's why I'm so resentful towards it?

Gen 5: Yanmask - OK HEAR ME OUT I liked the idea of Yanmask and its evolution until I heard the actual concept behind it. Its Pokedex entry... is something else. I can't remember the exact wording but it was about how it cried when it looked at its mask because it remembered its past life as a person... which... I am not really keen about using a Pokemon that used to be a person and I just feel sad thinking about it so Yanmask is a solid no from me. :(

Gen 6 - Volcanion: I don't really hate it or anything but its design is unfortunate... I think fire/water is a cool combo in theory but I was disappointed when Volcanion was released.

Gen 7 - Guzzlord: ok what is this thing and why does it have a name like Guzzlord who put this thing on earth (I don't have much to say other than its design definitely gets a no from me :D)

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
1. oddish - Worst gen 1 pokemon next to omnyte, mr. mime, jinx, and horsea.
2. Natu - Worst design of that gen and it's evolution and lack of a third level is weak as heck. Hate it!
3. Gulpin - A Bad pokemon, with a bad design and a bad evolution.
4. TIE - Magmortar, Electrivire, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Weavile - The biggest let downs of Gen 4.
5. The Pan's - I freaking HATE these things. I hope they never make another pokemon game with these three monkey's in the game ever again. They have no evolution and are just a gimmick pokemon that isn't even strong. It's just Monkey Eevee with less stats, a weaker movepool, and terrible model designs.

6. TIE- Delphox and Chestnaught - The biggest disappointments of Gen 6 by both power and design. Especially Chestnaught. OMG that thing is ugly.

7. Incineroar - Terrible Design. They never should had made him a wrestler, never made him bipedal, never did any of that. It should had stayed a cat, not a cat man.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Gee, the favourite of each gen list has been left in the dust but this keeps going on. These are some negative users.

1: Don't nececarily hate anyone here, though least favourites are Rattata and Magikarp. The former because I still think its annoying and too common and the latter I'm tired of getting in wondertrade.

2: Delibird. Out of all of the single stage mons from this gen this is the only one where I can't think of any redeeming quality for.

3: Banette. It's not horrible but not good either. It's not fast, it's really frail, and it's only really good at attacking, despite having a pretty bad movepool (at least on the physical side). Good thing the mega exists and fixes it's stat problem so I kinda like it's mega for that. But the mon itself I don't.

4: Hippowdon.... exists? I had no idea! Seriously, it's that forgettable. It also holds record for the only mon I have 2 shinies for (1 for each gender!) and I still forget about it because better ground mons exist and this one is just unmemorable asides from it's ability. Oh and it has a bad design too.

5: Mienshao. I'm sorry, but I think it's worse than a bunch of floating gears. I simply loathe it with a burning passion for forcing me to cheat in one of my nuzruns. In short, when my Aerodactyl was pitted against that thing, it used Swords dance while it was flying, then Fly happened to miss and it used a CRITICAL Hi jump kick. My box was more or less filled with useless mons and no flyers and that Aerodactyl was more or less one of my most treasured teammates AND the fact I was extremely busy at the time, so I had to cheat and pretend it never happened. FUCK Mienshao. It can get shot a gazillion times in the face because it is a trashmon for doing that. If I had to choose a least favourite mon, it would be this tied along with my pick for the following gen. Mienshao can go fall into a valley because I hate it's guts.

6: Klefki. Strangely enough this is the gen with the most contenders. I normally think inanimate objects are unique and underrated, but Klefki is an exception. First off, outside of competitive, it is just not useful. I tried using one and it was just disastrous to use. It's offenses are just meh. It's bulk was nonexistant and it still took tons of damage from resisted attacks. And the worst part about Klefki is that there is literally NO reason for it to exist. It can't evolve, like I said it's useless in regular play, and overall it has... no purpose in life! Even if it wasn't a bunch of keys I would still not like it, it's not cute, it has an ugly face, and what's the purpose of that weird drop under it's chin? Seriously, it disturbs me. I will NEVER use a Klefki under any circumstance in any of my nuzruns. It's just so pointless and bad, and not even in a funny way, it just exists just for the heck of it, and that's all.

7: Brionne. Yippee, a member of my 2nd favourite starter line is in my top 5 worst mons. I used to like it when it was revealed until Primarina came out. I liked that from the start, but everyone else I saw imeediately proclaimed that the fat thing was better... why? How is some kid's game mascot reject better than a badass mermaid creature? I don't get it! Overall, Brionne is just overrated and boring and looks bad compared to the first one being cute and the Primarina being cute/badass.

Back