• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Egg Move Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
hi final zero! ur tools work great! so, can u make a tool to edit when an attack is physical or special? as the sound move editor!

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
hi final zero! ur tools work great! so, can u make a tool to edit when an attack is physical or special? as the sound move editor!
Generation III doesn't work like that. In generation III, a move is physical or special depending on its type, and nothing else. I can't make a tool that edits that though, because I don't know how. The best I can suggest is to switch two types so that the former is now special, and the latter physical, and then switch the types of ALL of the respective moves and pokemon.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
my question was about physical attacks as flame wheel, cuz' in the games is physical (when you attack sharpedo).

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
my question was about physical attacks as flame wheel, cuz' in the games is physical (when you attack sharpedo).
Oh! In English that's referred to as whether the move makes contact or not. It's the first check box near the bottom of the program.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Is there anyway to use the "extract list as .txt" to easily imput lots of data into the Egg Move Editor?
No, and I don't want to implement such a thing. There'd be too great a chance someone would misspell something and mess things up, or create a null entry. What would work better would be using numbers then, but what's the point of using a tool at all if you aren't going to enjoy the nice using interface and labelled moves?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Version 1.34 is out. It fixed an offset and name-reading error. Thanks go to an email correspondent for pointing it out.

http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.rar

Is there anyway to use the "extract list as .txt" to easily imput lots of data into the Egg Move Editor?
Thinking about this some more, I could have another extract command that exports the data into numbers, and then allow one to import said data to quickly change many moves, making it easy for people to exchange egg move lists and quickly implement them. I don't think there's really a high demand for such a thing though. Wait until Christmas break; I'll have plenty of time to code something fun like that then, so perhaps, maybe.

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Couple of questions:
1/ Would it be possible to have a search function? Would make it a lot easier (although this is more about your move editor).
2/ How would I go about adding egg moves for a Pokemon that doesn't have them, without overwriting another Pokemon's moves? For instance, if I wanted to add egg moves to Caterpie?

Nvm the second one, I had a brain malfunction, found out now 8D

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Couple of questions:
1/ Would it be possible to have a search function? Would make it a lot easier (although this is more about your move editor).
2/ How would I go about adding egg moves for a Pokemon that doesn't have them, without overwriting another Pokemon's moves? For instance, if I wanted to add egg moves to Caterpie?

Nvm the second one, I had a brain malfunction, found out now 8D
1) What do you mean by a search function? Remember, you can start typing in the list box and it will jump to what you type.
2) What do you mean you found out now?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
When i tried using this on emerald, all the egg moves under the pokemons name were missing their first letters... i was just wondering if you had noticed that or not. And will it be fixed by the time the next version comes out? Is it just my rom doing this or is it the program?

Edit: Also i think the egg moves are all jumbled up for emerald

like i dont think treeko should have blaze kick or poison fang or mega horn

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I'm glad that someone finally made an egg move editor! It's pretty much the only thing that my beloved YAPE doesn't do...

But I haven't tested it yet. Can anyone else confirm that it has issues with Emerald, because that's kind of my favorite rombase.

EDIT. This should already be obvious, but I didn't create YAPE. When I called it "mine" I meant "my copy of it." Obvious, and yet there are people in this world who may have needed this explanation.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry flaredragon00, but this thread has been bumped beyond its 2 month limit so it will have to be closed. Hopefully somebody will be able to supply a link privately/ you find an alternate one somewhere out there on the internet.

FinalZero, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back