• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Alpha] (MEH) Map Editor of Happiness

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Well, I have another bad stroke of luck, but I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks unexpectedly (literally found out yesterday night) starting today. Since I never got to actually finish out the Wizard configuration editor, I'll be releasing a bit of a pre-release JAR for MEH which includes the patcher for Wizard, but nothing to edit it in terms of configuring. This is so people can kinda play around with it and get a feel for what to expect when I get the chance to finish the configuration pane.

The JAR can be found here. This is a pre-release JAR, separate from the buildbot, and I would only recommend using it to patch Wizard and nothing else. To open the patching dialog, press the far right blank (I think it's blank...) button on the toolbar. The source code has been uploaded to another branch on Github for anyone who wants to look.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

It's a shame that you'll be gone, but knowing that you took the time to share this information with us before leaving means a lot to us!

Also, thank you for providing the JAR and instructions on how to apply it! :3

See you when you get back, Shiny!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I can't run preview jar:
Code:
H:\MEH>java -jar MEH.jar
Resource path:null
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at us.plxhack.MEH.UI.MainGUI.CreateButtons(MainGUI.java:553)
        at us.plxhack.MEH.UI.MainGUI.<init>(MainGUI.java:1770)
        at us.plxhack.MEH.Main.main(Main.java:25)
and I can't fully open Liquid Crystal 3.3.00451 ROM with 6 June jar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
is there a way to actually edit the events on MEH, or do I need another program for that?
Im on a mac if that helps
Also is there a good script editor for mac that I can use. I've looked everywhere.

Bliss

Years
is there a way to actually edit the events on MEH, or do I need another program for that?
Also is there a good script editor for mac that I can use. I've looked everywhere.
I don't think we can edit events yet with the current version. If someone else has succeeded, please feel free to correct me.

And I don't use Mac, so I can't help you with finding a script editor. Sorry :/

EDIT: Did a quick search and I found this post. It led me to this page. I hope this helps!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I don't think we can edit events yet with the current version. If someone else has succeeded, please feel free to correct me.

EDIT: Did a quick search and I found this post. It led me to this page. I hope this helps!

Actually SEA(Script Editor Advance) is open source, so I believe it should work on Mac.

Bliss

Years

Actually SEA(Script Editor Advance) is open source, so I believe it should work on Mac.
Just did a search and found it it's also by Shiny Quagsire. That really made me happy~

Anyway, kevinin, we can't post links to other forums so just search Google and you can find it pretty easily.

Looks like it's still in Alpha, but why does it have to be on another forum?! Don't want to sign up for just one thread lol.

Shiny, you sure know how to keep yourself busy! Looking forward to updates to both of these wonderful programs! I might have to kick XSE to the curb soon~ Hmm. Looks like that thread hasn't been updated since late 2013 though.. Ah well, still might be better than XSE for me lol.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Please make it easier to insert tiles, those are a pain.
I also hate AdvanceMap, so I'm rooting for this tool. ^_^

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
So I was supposed to be back today. But, as you can probably tell by my user text, I'm going to be out for another week. Which sucks. :(

But, with the small few hours (like, literally 1-3 hours a day) I have free I think I'm going to take a stab at getting some sort of UI for Wizard out, because it's still bothering me that I didn't finish that 100% before leaving unexpectedly (and I don't even know if the ZIP I sent out even works 100% either). So I got Eclipse set up on my tiny ages old computer I brought up so I'll see if I can get something working or not. Luckily since I pushed my entire partially unfinished codebase onto Github I'll be able to start right where I was before. The lack of IDA Pro might make things difficult, and the slowness of the computer might hinder me slightly, but I'm actually really hoping to get something working by the time I get back, because as much as it sucks, school literally starts just days after I get back.

N7

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
This is awesome! I love the selection tool compared to AM's, since that one is limited to how big you can go. Often times I've needed to move entire cities down, and this is just the editor to do it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Do you ever intend to take your programming skills up a notch and move to the fourth gen games where things get a little more interesting?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I have a request for a feature that's sorely wanted in Advancemap that it appears nobody has brought up here yet. Have you ever used RPG Maker XP/RMXP Shiny Quagsire?

Say you wanted to put in a bunch of trees. In A-MAP and presubaly MEH you'd have to do 4 or more tiles per tree. In RPG Maker XP, you could select mutliple tiles at a time from the tileset:
fsHMd.jpg

and just paint them on the map like so (intentionally very sloppy):

D8amp.jpg

Or the fill bucket, one of the most handy tools, which can also be used by selecting mutiple tiles btw, but for this example I'll just show 1:
2f1hq.jpg

dn9In.jpg

And an example of selecting more than one tile with the fill option:

hBspV.jpg

If you couldn't do the fill option, I still feel being able to select more than one tile at once could be very very useful for mapping, and because it seems this project may be the future of GBA Pokemon hacking, I just thought I'd ask if it's possible to spare the hackers of the future a lot of time mapping with a few simple tools :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Years
I have a request for a feature that's sorely wanted in Advancemap that it appears nobody has brought up here yet. Have you ever used RPG Maker XP/RMXP Shiny Quagsire?

Say you wanted to put in a bunch of trees. In A-MAP and presubaly MEH you'd have to do 4 or more tiles per tree. In RPG Maker XP, you could select mutliple tiles at a time from the tileset:
CaBrr.jpg

and just paint them on the map like so (intentionally very sloppy):

D8amp.jpg

You can do that in AMap already, just hold down right click and the Control key and drag. I think MEH has it too but don't quote me on that.

Danno

Years
You can do that in AMap already, just hold down right click and the Control key and drag. I think MEH has it too but don't quote me on that.

Wow, I can't believe it. Thanks a lot. The fill option would be nice but not as important as that haha.

Though, as I'm seeing now, that feature could really be used for movement permissions too. Say you're remapping a map already in the game, and it's a big map. Being able to just wipe the old movement permissions away would be nice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
Wow, I can't believe it. Thanks a lot. The fill option would be nice but not as important as that haha.

Though, as I'm seeing now, that feature could really be used for movement permissions too. Say you're remapping a map already in the game, and it's a big map. Being able to just wipe the old movement permissions away would be nice.

If you left click and right click simultaneously, the block you're currently using will "fill" a lot like the bucket in MS Paint. Works for both normal mapping and the movement permissions.

AM 1.95 makes these features more obvious, it took me awhile to know these even existed in 1.92.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Again, A-Map supports this by using the scrolling button on your mouse.

Looks like I need a mouse then. (I use a touchpad for all my mapping and spriting.)

Still, if it's not yet implemented in MEH, it would be a nice feature, especially if it was more obvious the feature was there.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Just wondering when you plan to add the ability to remove connections? Or, if it would be easier to let you move connections to a different direction or something. Like a down connection to left or right or something similar to that. Either of them would do the trick, although I suppose the first option would ultimately be better.

sertin12

Beginer Rom Hacker
Years
I love the way this tool does connections and I'll certainly be watching this tool grow, still a few things before it's equivalent to A map in some places but its definitely a good foundation, I use it for the connections already :P I would love to see some kind of thing that shows up to tell you what each number means for your movement permissions just because their differently labeled from A map and that might through off some people. But as I said great start can't wait to see where it goes!

sertin12

Beginer Rom Hacker
Years
Just wondering when you plan to add the ability to remove connections? Or, if it would be easier to let you move connections to a different direction or something. Like a down connection to left or right or something similar to that. Either of them would do the trick, although I suppose the first option would ultimately be better.

Use Advance map to remove and change the directions of the map then use MEH to align them, that's how I do my connections and it works well

Back