• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im up to 15,000 SR with my charmander hunt. ugh is all i have to say to that, its been going pretty fast with two gba's now but still its getting frustrating.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've decided to make a competitive team, so I'm taking a short break from shiny hunting, although I'll still be encountering Pokemon, and hopefully some will be shiny! I hatched about 15 Beldum before getting an Adamant one, and it'll probably take around 30 eggs for each of the other 5. I'm also facing 252 Goldeen to EV in Attack, and then I'll face 252 Wooper to EV in HP. That's over 1000 Pokemon, and doing it for each member of my team gives me a decent chance at finding a shiny! :)

Shiny Graveler

Congrats!

I made a Mewtwo and Bisharp signature.

Cool signatures! It's always good to have more options for the club. :)

P.S. I GOT A SHINY SKITTY! 0_0. still not what i expected.
P.P.S. its hard to play both games at once. o-o

Congrats on the Skitty! It is hard to play two games at once if they're different, but it's much easier if you're doing the same thing on each. :)

shiny rattata

Congrats! I guess the other guy left a shiny on the game?

Also i was wondering how people go about their shiny hunting, for example do you pick a pokemon and just re for it or look to MM one?

I typically SR or RE. I've only gotten one shiny from an egg, and I wasn't even trying!

Shiny Deoxys

Congrats! Deoxys is an awesome shiny!

im up to 15,000 SR with my charmander hunt. ugh is all i have to say to that, its been going pretty fast with two gba's now but still its getting frustrating.

Woah, that's a ton of SRs. The best of luck to you - you deserve all of the club's current luck! *channels luck towards Weber* :pink_wink:

There was an event in the past, but I cheated the ticket. And don't say it's not legit, because I SR'ed for the shiny so I just see it as full legit. And good luck Weber :D

Of course it counts! There's no way to get a legit Deoxys unless you're one of a very, very small group of people who somehow managed to get a ticket, so I don't see why transport codes shouldn't count.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I got an Aurora Ticket from an event that was at Mall of America.

Congrats to all the new shiny Pokémon!

I said previously that I would skip hatching Sneasels, but I decided to hatch some anyway, even though I won't be using one on my team. So far I've hatched 50. After that I still have to hatch Larvitars and Rotoms for my team. I'm using the Masuda Method for all of this, so hopefully I'll get a shiny. I'm done hatching for four members of my team so far from previous hunts. Larvitar and Rotom are the last two pieces of the puzzle. Good luck on your team building, G-Money!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone, it's been two months since my last post, I have been really busy studying for exams, but soon I'll have time to hunt again.

Congrats to everyone with new shinies.

See you soon.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm starting my job within the next couple of weeks so I may not be as active, just fair warning. :)

Also, the Abra hunt is now over! This weeks Pokemon is Gible! So, switch your hunts and try to beat each other, weapons are allowed.

I just got a Shiny Deoxys yesterday! =O Started that hunt in Februari this year and now, just did 240 SR's, it appeared.

Wow! Huge congrats to you! Deoxys is an amazing Pokemon and shiny, one of my favorites. <3
Good luck to you, sir! o3o
Hi everyone, it's been two months since my last post, I have been really busy studying for exams, but soon I'll have time to hunt again.

Congrats to everyone with new shinies.

See you soon.
Hope to see you soon! :D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm not going to hunt Gible. Right now I am playing through Platinum, I want to go get PokeRadar because I want to be able to have some good Pokemon for trade in B/W.

I also want to try and get the Regigigas that lets me get the three Regis. Hopefully there are still people with it because I want to SR for them. :)

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
thanks for the support everyone, always nice to see some encouragement and i hope everyone does well with there shiny hunts, i might be making a competitive team as well soon here but i think i want this charmander more right now, thanks again everyone.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Gible is a bad choice for hunting IMO... unless you're going to keep it Gible or Gabite. Here's comparison between normal and shiny Garchomp.

Spr_4p_445_m.png

Spr_4p_445_m_s.png

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
New Contest: Awesome August

Awesome August
Spoiler:

what game did you get it in because i want that game! i want a shiny deoxys. :D
I've given you a warning before about making short pointless posts, now you get a strike. The game was in the title of the video, and this question is more suited for visitor message.

Your strike will expire Monday August 15th, 2011.
You can get Deoxys in FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald (I'd suggest Emerald because you can use teleport codes). Apparantly you can use your emulator to find it...
No, Emerald is a horrible game. The RNG is messed up, it is nearly impossible to get a shiny through SRing. Just Google "Pokemon Emerald Broken RNG" and you'll find hundreds of sources and explanations.

Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are the best, you can just use a code to get the tickets or use an emulator if you wish.

On another not, I am now in Goldenrod City and am SRing for a Shiny Abra again. o3o

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
New Contest: Awesome August

Awesome August
Spoiler:

They're good shinies but I won't ever find uses for them... (Mewtwo > Alakazam) Are those pokemon randomly generated as well?

No, Emerald is a horrible game. The RNG is messed up, it is nearly impossible to get a shiny through SRing. Just Google "Pokemon Emerald Broken RNG" and you'll find hundreds of sources and explanations.

Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are the best, you can just use a code to get the tickets or use an emulator if you wish.

On another not, I am now in Goldenrod City and am SRing for a Shiny Abra again. o3o

I didn't know that O_O... Oh well

I'm now going to reveal what method of shiny hunting I'm using for my secret hunt.

Spoiler:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Gible is one of my favorite Pokémon, so I'm definitely participating in this weeks contest. Right now I'm spending a lot of time hatching Larvitars, which has a very high step count. So far I've hatched 48. I gave up on Sneasel after hatching 62 eggs. I hatched 50 Rotoms after that. I got what I wanted in IVs with Rotom early on, but I decided to keep going until I reached 50. Besides that, the Litwick count is now up to 1,710. I won't have much time for Awesome August.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Ugh. Hunting shinies is not my thing. I only caught 1 shiny in my life and it was a Drowzee on my HeartGold which I lost.:(

Back