• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Past Gen Section

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
I'm posting here because I can't figure out if there's a "report" function... plus I know my post made would be considered "mini modding" so I'm also turning myself in.

I know in the standard Pokecommunity rules there's also one against advertising... but to what point would you be refering?

In my Bugs/Glitches/Exploits thread I had a case of advertising with a member recomending people to go somewhere else. :(

Liquid Halo said:
FYI: [removed source] [removed name] has a great series exploiting all glitches known to the first gen and he's very entertaining. His commentary cracks me up.
His Yellow series is the most substantial as it was his first so when he got to Red and Blue he'd already covered at least half of the available content.
[removed link]

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm posting here because I can't figure out if there's a "report" function... plus I know my post made would be considered "mini modding" so I'm also turning myself in.

I know in the standard Pokecommunity rules there's also one against advertising... but to what point would you be refering?

In my Bugs/Glitches/Exploits thread I had a case of advertising with a member recomending people to go somewhere else. :(

Hiiiii, it's been taken care of, and yeah for future reference, Unsolicited advertising isn't allowed in our community unless it's relevant to the post/thread at hand. I don't think he harboured any ill will but I edited it out all the same.

The report button rests on the top right hand of each post, usually indicated by an explanation mark (!). You can also PM the moderator of the board if there's any issues (like in Past Gen case, myself or Nah if you'd like some assistance there.

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Hiiiii, it's been taken care of, and yeah for future reference, Unsolicited advertising isn't allowed in our community unless it's relevant to the post/thread at hand. I don't think he harboured any ill will but I edited it out all the same.

The report button rests on the top right hand of each post, usually indicated by an explanation mark (!). You can also PM the moderator of the board if there's any issues (like in Past Gen case, myself or Nah if you'd like some assistance there.

Ok, thank you very much I appreciate it. :)
... I also deleted my post afterwards to reflect that.

Oh jeaze i didn't notice the "!" over there until you pointed it out! x.x
... I'll remember that for now on, thank you again. :)

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years

Damn. >_< I apologize, I meant no harm.
I felt it was relevant as it was content that added visuals to the topic of glitches as well as entertainment.

Honest mistake. I'm not very active and didn't realize I was committing a violation. Nor have I had this experience before to give me a sense of wariness.

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
I apologize, I meant no harm.
I felt it was relevant as it was content that added visuals to the topic of glitches as well as entertainment.
Honest mistake. I'm not very active and didn't realize I was committing a violation.

But in doing so, you're pretty much also telling people reading my thread to skip this and go over there instead... I'm not angry (a little hurt tbh), just please try to understand where I come from.

Me and just Me alone (with that thread) put so much time.. effort.. testing.. double checking.. fool proofing.. editing beyond belief.. even going all the way to the point of reviewing and evaluating all my notes in my crumbled up note book from when i was a teen, very hardcore, and doing it the most. I deeply care about every piece of information and tutorial i provide and pour myself into everything i do.
- If you poured that much of yourself into a project inorder to try to help others in your community, it may not be very welcoming having someone tell people to go to somewhere else... like what you did is a piece of junk.

Like i said though, i'm not angry at all, so no hard feelings.... ok? :)

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
But in doing so, you're pretty much also telling people reading my thread to skip this and go over there instead... I'm not angry (a little hurt tbh), just please try to understand where I come from.

Me and just Me alone (with that thread) put so much time.. effort.. testing.. double checking.. fool proofing.. editing beyond belief.. even going all the way to the point of reviewing and evaluating all my notes in my crumbled up note book from when i was a teen, very hardcore, and doing it the most. I deeply care about every piece of information and tutorial i provide and pour myself into everything i do.
- If you poured that much of yourself into a project inorder to try to help others in your community, it may not be very welcoming having someone tell people to go to somewhere else... like what you did is a piece of junk.

Like i said though, i'm not angry at all, so no hard feelings.... ok? :)

Of course, I understand. I've just never had something like this happen to me before, so it was a bit of a shock.
I do know what it means to pour oneself into a project, hell, I pour myself into simple posts like this because I'm a bit anal about my wording. Which can be very frustrating. XD

I once got irritated with a moderator at Bulbagarden forums because a review I posted for the Mewtwo/Genosect movie was deleted without warning I believe because I'd necroposted.
I get some communities don't like necroposting and I have a bad habit of not checking thread dates which is on me but just close the thread, even give me an official warning but don't delete my post! I can literally spend hours on a post!

Even more recently, I had a thread at another fandom forum bombarded by shipwarriors (shipwarers? no, what is the word?).

Alright, not exactly the same concept but the point is I have been in that vicinity.

Your thread is amazing and I thought I was adding to it.
I'm glad we're alright.
I believe I've contributed to your thread all I can for now so I'll take my leave.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is a very sweet thread n__n glad you could communicate and understand!

Fyi, necroposting usually not an offense on PokéCommunity Forums, except for where special sections have put special local rules in a pinned thread within. And whenever a post is deleted or moved, we try to leave an explanation unless the reason should be blatant. Hope we're doing an ok job with that, in general!

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
This is a very sweet thread n__n glad you could communicate and understand!

Fyi, necroposting usually not an offense on Pok?Community Forums, except for where special sections have put special local rules in a pinned thread within. And whenever a post is deleted or moved, we try to leave an explanation unless the reason should be blatant. Hope we're doing an ok job with that, in general!

Awesome to know, thanx Adventure.

Back