• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Amourniversary!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Exactly 2 years ago, the episode "Owari naki zero! Mata au hi made!!" or "Till we Compete Again!" was released on October 27, 2016.

To many, this was the ending of the epic series we still love and enjoy, to others it was a mere conclusion to another pokemon series, while for a certain group, myself included was much more than that. This episode, was where our dreams became a reality, the reality of where we finally got to see what we wanted, the confession!

Like always, there will be different views of this episode. My view and many others is that we loved it, and Serena finally got the confidence to show Ash how she really felt. It took 140 episodes, but we, the Amourshippers, were greeted with the amazing ending to the XYZ series, while others thought of it with a rather opposite view.

My own personal view, I couldn't be more happy with how Serena declared her love for Ash, and I along with my fellow shippers will agree with me when I say that the escalator scene, made the shipping cannon for us. Everyone can respect their own ships, I have no intention of hating on any one, but this ship, has sailed a long way to reach its destination.

And even if Serena has yet to arrive to Alola, we will always hope and stay strong for that moment until it arrives.

This episode is what got me into the pokecommunity, and I'm glad I did, I've had a wonderful time and many awesome discussions in this year. I'd like to thank you all for that, thank you for the moderators who spend their time making sure things function, and most of all, I cannot express my gratitude to those who spent countless hours working on either fan art or fan fics to satisfy us!

Whether you hated the ending because of the way the league ended, or you were another type of shipper or maybe you enjoyed the ending because it made up for the league or you were simply fond of the series and took it all in, no matter how you reacted to the conclusion, we all emotionally responded to it one way or another, which in the end is what things like these are meant to do.

To start this off, I'll list a couple of episodes I found best regarding amourshipping, and additionally list a few of my favorite fan fictions (From Wattpad)

Episodes:
"Seeing the Forest for the Trees!" (Maybe not as popular, but loved the conflict between the two, very good use of idiom - the title is used as an expression for looking at things in a whole instead of paying attention to small detail)
"Battling at Full Volume!" - XY Episode 115 or XYZ Episode 22(Duh, why wouldn't I?)
"Party Dancecapades!" - XY Episode 105 or XYZ Episode 12 (Probably the most hated, but I loved the teasing)
"Master Class Choices" - XY Episode or XYZ Episode 16 (Ash chooses to go to Serena's showcase over his gym battle, which he neved did with anyone else, I believe that shows his true feelings for Serena. He cares enough for her to put his own goal aside, temporarily of course)

Those were a few of the pokemon episodes I found to be my favorite when characterized under the Amourshipping category,

Now the list for my favorite Amourshipping fan fictions:
1. Destiny Rebirth - By DestinyProduction - My favorite amourshipping fan fiction, a perfect job in my opinion done by DestinyProduction, credits to him for remaking a great book. The plot is outstanding and you can really get that sense of conflict right off the bat. Most stories often drag away from conflict, which then leads me to reading boring dialogue, but in this book there is never a moment that doesn't count. I'm into every single chapter, and my eyes are glued to the screen reading every line. Great use of language, and very descriptive with every scene to help you form that image in your head. To end it, there is a wide range within the use of literary devices in this book that enhance the experience so much farther. If you are an amourshipper and haven't read this, it will blow your mind and please give it a read.
2. Pokemon School - By SawyerKamiya - It's probably one of the longest ones out there, the format is simple, the plot is very interesting, I will not say anything that could spoil it, but this is really high because it has a great balance between story and amourshipping, while also capturing the perfect feel of the characters, right when you think things are getting boring BOOM your world comes crashing down.
3. Pokemon Legacy: Come Back to Me - By _platinumOwl - I'll just get straight to the point, love the plot. I wouldn't be able to imagine a better way to create a romance story. It continues post-Kalos journey, but with a twist. There is shipping rivalries, battles and the ending. Again I won't spoil anything, but the ending fit the story and was done well. I'll just say that the book has a sequel, which hasn't been finished, barely written actually. Contradictory to this, the first book lets you jump right into the next one with the conflict already established. The book wastes no time with filler chapters, follows main plot and constantly fills in with semi-conflicts.

I would list more travelling and High School/University fan fics, but most just aren't my type. There are plenty that are good and that have somewhat impressed me, but many of them are way to cliche, it's like Ash or Serena join a new school or at the school/journey but never talked and within the span of two days they are like "I LOVE HER/HIM" It's just way too cliche for me to read and totally loses the feeling.

I'd like to thank you for taking your time to read the massive amount of text, enjoy the anniversary while it lasts, share your stories or thoughts and I hope you have a nice day!

This post is for positivity purposes only, and to celebrate the anniversary of Amourshipping, where fans can discuss their favorite episodes (and/or episode scenes), fan fictions, art and much more!

Happy Amourniversary!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
My Amourshipper Episode list is a bit more expansive and some Episodes may not involve the aspect of Amourshipping whatsoever but they do highlight Serena a bit.

Episode 7 *Backstory*
Episode 10 *PokePuffs, Team Rocket mocking and more*
Episode 13 *Ash taken away?!*
Episode 14 *Serena's big mouth*
Episode 21 *PokeVision*
Episode 25 *Enter Miette*
Episode 30 *Cave of Trials and Photo scene*
Episode 36 *Cave of Mirrors*
Episode 38-41 *Summer Camp*
Episode 53 *A Race for Home*
Episode 59 *Under the Pledging Tree* <- next to the Dance Episode, most overhyped Episode there is
Episode 60 *First Performance*
Episode 64 *Aria vs Serena*
Episode 72 *Serena's Big Mouth part 2*
Episode 73 *Fashion run amok*
Episode 78 *Pikachu movie*
Epiosde 80 *Ash is so dense*
Episode 89 *Eevee!!!*
Episode 90 *So that's why you like him right?*
Episode 91 *2nd Key*
Episode 105 *Dance but no Dance?!*
Episode 109 *3rd Key*
Episode 119-120 *Master Class*
Episode 122 *Ash Cosplay*
Episode 127-129 *Snowball Fight and 8th Gym Battle*
Episode 138 *Serena decides*
Episode 140 *Farewell Kiss*

I could add more but Serena has quite a few Episodes where she's part of the focus, if not the main focus. While deep down I'd love to see Serena again, I just don't think it'd serve her character justice to return during SuMo. Forget the Art Style ruining her image but the childish Ash would just detract big time from the shipping. Its like... I fell in love with this? *Facepalm*. I do hope she get's a Hoenn Special. She deserves that at the bare minimum.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
It's hilarious how Serena had more episodes where her crush on Ash was displayed than episodes devoted to developing her team and goal.

Not what is mean't to be discussed here, it's only positive comments, and yours would be contradicting the meaning of this post. If you have nothing better to say, please remove it. Thank you

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not what is mean't to be discussed here, it's only positive comments, and yours would be contradicting the meaning of this post. If you have nothing better to say, please remove it. Thank you

While its not your intent, they're free to voice their opinion and their point is a valid and legitimate criticism of XY and Serena in general. The bulk of her focus throughout the series was her crush on Ash and not developing her team or pursuing her goal. I mean they didn't even start her on her path until the Summer Camp and she didn't catch her first Pokemon in Pancham until Episode 46 or near the end of Season 17(in English Dub). She didn't even do her first Performance until Episode 60 or nearly half way through the series. She finished the series with just 3 Pokemon and compared to past companions, its the worst performance(pardon the pun) of a companion to date(SuMo is giving her a run for the title though).

That being said... my favorite episode is episode 90. Just something about Shauna that brings the most out of Serena. That and Eevee's extreme shyness is the bow on top(with Chespin failing at love).

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I'm not removing anything, because my comment wasn't even meant to be negative to begin with. I was simply pointing out a fact (that Serena's crush had more focus than her goal), which amuses me personally. Either way, this is a forum for sharing opinions, not a safe space.

I'm not sure what more we can say regarding this ship, however. It was discussed ad nauseam for three years after all. I'm miffed that the ship never reached a conclusion in XY, though.

Sorry, if it's not meant to be negative, then no harm done. I guess I interpreted it the wrong way.

Back