• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with hidden power

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Figuring out which hidden power a pokemon has isn`t that difficult, just catch something, give it hidden power and figure it out as you go.
But the base power can also be very different, how do i make sure i get the strongest hidden power?

I tried to look at some guides, but i cant make much sense of it.
Also, im trying to use gameshark codes to give pokemon the hidden powers i want.

Say, i want a Gyarados with hidden power flying with 70 base power, how do i do what via gameshark?

Some help would be much appreciated.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Hidden Power is based on a Pokemon's DVs (basically IVs before IVs were a thing), so different combinations of DVs (Atk/Def and Spd/Spc) will wield different results. I believe DVs were also how Shiny Pokemon were calculated.

I couldn't tell you the combinations off-hand, but Psypokes has a pretty nifty Hidden Power calculator specifically for Generation 2, if that helps :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Thanks, that calculator is very useful, still a pain in the ass to find pokemons with just the right dvs, especially when females pretty much never have high enough attack dv, so 50% of the encounters are useless.

Got to check into gameshark codes and stuff, cause otherwise this will take forever.

Back