The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:25 PM).
Fairy's Avatar
Fairy Fairy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the flowers
Posts: 6,859
okay those are cool and all but are we really going to pretend that this isn't the greatest piece of star wars music ever conceived?

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:09 PM).
P0lisw4g's Avatar
P0lisw4g P0lisw4g is offline
Leader of the Polys
     
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 63
    I'm a huuuge Star Wars fan, but I need to ask.

    Do people really not like The Last Jedi?
    I thought it was pretty good? I think they're all pretty good! <3
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:45 AM).
    Homeskulled Kid's Avatar
    Homeskulled Kid Homeskulled Kid is offline
    Life, the Universe and Everything
       
      Join Date: Oct 2018
      Location: Clancer
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 705
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
      okay those are cool and all but are we really going to pretend that this isn't the greatest piece of star wars music ever conceived?

      Good lord. That's brilliant and horrific at the same time.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by P0lisw4g View Post
      I'm a huuuge Star Wars fan, but I need to ask.

      Do people really not like The Last Jedi?
      I thought it was pretty good? I think they're all pretty good! <3
      Well I think it was good. I mean, none of them have hit the radiance of The Empire Strikes Back yet but when comparisons come into play there is no enjoyment. I reckon we should all appreciate things on their own merits. That movie had a lot. The best sets so far, I'd say, and the characters shone. And it's heavy in good vibes, which is worth about 100,000,000 points in any movie.
      __________________
      "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
      Reply With Quote
        #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:59 PM).
      CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
      Just your average Spaceball
         
        Join Date: Jun 2017
        Location: Hayward
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 2,471
        SW fan base, like any fan base(including Pokémon) is full of die-hard fans that nitpick or criticize every minute detail. Don’t get me wrong, some things in Episode 7 and especially Episode 8 don’t make logical sense. I mean in this scene below...



        Poe clears away point defenses for the slow bombers but clearly forgets that the biggest threat to Bombers are the scores of Fighters that the Dreadnought possesses. Despite the escort the Bombers had, they fell quite quickly to enemy fighters(reminded me of Japanese Betty’s). Ironically, if it weren’t for plot armor, First Order would have had a crushing victory.

        Besides... would have thought the First Order would have had an Interdictor or two lying around. Would have made the chase completely unnecessary. Also wish they’d had used Thrawn for the post Jedi movies. The guy is a legendary Star Wars antagonist.
        __________________
        Currently raising:


        Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        Reply With Quote
          #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (4:14 PM).
        Fairy's Avatar
        Fairy Fairy is offline
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Location: the flowers
        Posts: 6,859
        I've actually liked most, if not all, official Star Wars cannon stories! At least, I can't find anything to truly complain about. They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I honestly can't say that I've hated any of the new Star Wars media! I guess I wasn't a huge fan of that online mini-series that only existed to sell those dolls but.. who does like those? It's easy to be critical of new entries, but I do think many of them still have the charm and spirit of old Star Wars. :)
        __________________

        Reply With Quote
          #31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (10:54 PM).
        CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
        Just your average Spaceball
           
          Join Date: Jun 2017
          Location: Hayward
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 2,471
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
          I've actually liked most, if not all, official Star Wars cannon stories! At least, I can't find anything to truly complain about. They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I honestly can't say that I've hated any of the new Star Wars media! I guess I wasn't a huge fan of that online mini-series that only existed to sell those dolls but.. who does like those? It's easy to be critical of new entries, but I do think many of them still have the charm and spirit of old Star Wars. :)
          Online mini-series? Would it be Forces of Destiny or something else? Typically they air that on TV from time to time but outside of Lego Star Wars(which they've been active on lately), can't really think of anything else that would sell for merchandise outside of Star Wars Rebels(which has long since finished and didn't do Thrawn justice) or the new Resistance series that I'm still on the fence with regards to giving my support.

          Really am not a fan of online only though. Nickelodeon did that with Legend of Korra in the later seasons for new Episodes. I mean they eventually made it to TV but not for months. Even Cartoon Network did it to a favorite series of mine for the final 8 Episodes. Not only did I never see them until years later but ultimately the show got axed because an Executive at the time didn't like the series(despite it being a top show for them). Thank god for Youtube as they say...
          __________________
          Currently raising:


          Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
          Reply With Quote
            #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (11:36 PM).
          Homeskulled Kid's Avatar
          Homeskulled Kid Homeskulled Kid is offline
          Life, the Universe and Everything
             
            Join Date: Oct 2018
            Location: Clancer
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 705
            I like all of the new entries in the franchise, but I haven't seen Rebels or Forces of Destiny yet. But The Clone Wars was a wonderfully addictive, brilliant show and I'm still pissed that I can't get at it for a while yet. Same with Korra but that's for a different thread.

            If anyone watched Rebels or Clone Wars, what was your favourite episode/arc?
            __________________
            "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
            Reply With Quote
              #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (7:22 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CodeHelmet.
            CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
            Just your average Spaceball
               
              Join Date: Jun 2017
              Location: Hayward
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 2,471
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Homeskulled Kid View Post
              I like all of the new entries in the franchise, but I haven't seen Rebels or Forces of Destiny yet. But The Clone Wars was a wonderfully addictive, brilliant show and I'm still pissed that I can't get at it for a while yet. Same with Korra but that's for a different thread.

              If anyone watched Rebels or Clone Wars, what was your favourite episode/arc?
              It’s been so long with regards to Clone Wars, I hope you’ll forgive me if I forget a lot of it. A few arcs I enjoyed were the Subjugator arc(aka Malevolence in Season 1) and the arcs on Mandalore wherein Ahsoka kind of gets her first crush while setting an important foundation that they use in Star Wars Rebels(also shows Obi Wan getting it on with a Queen and laying the groundwork for Maul to return in Rebels(and in the movie Solo). As for Rebels, hands down Season 3 Battle of Atollon. Thrawn demonstrates why he’s a Tactical Genius while taking advantage of the ambitions of others to shield him from failure. He nearly overcomes the setbacks too in Season 3. It’s why his demise at end of Season 4 was uncalled for and not deserving of a character of his stature. Governor Price definitely but Thrawn... oh he deserved so much more.
              __________________
              Currently raising:


              Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
              Reply With Quote
                #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (5:13 PM).
              Fairy's Avatar
              Fairy Fairy is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2011
              Location: the flowers
              Posts: 6,859
              It was Forces of Destiny! Slipped my mind since it was pretty forgettable. :p

              Clone Wars is definitely my favorite of the two so far. Darth Maul's story and the whole Bane (reoccurring name a coincidence?) arc was great imo. Also pretty much every scene that included General Grievous.
              __________________

              Reply With Quote
                #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (4:28 AM).
              Homeskulled Kid's Avatar
              Homeskulled Kid Homeskulled Kid is offline
              Life, the Universe and Everything
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2018
                Location: Clancer
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 705
                My favourite bit was the Dooku Captured arc from the Clone Wars, where Anakin, Obi-Wan and Count Dooku had to cooperate to escape the pirates on Florrum, but not without some degree of treachery. Jar-Jar had a central part off and on, though, but I've never found him too unbearable. With low-blood sugar, however... it's a damn close thing.

                And the arc preceding the episode Blue Shadow Virus, where Luminara Unduli, Bariss Offee, Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi congregate on Geonosis to check out the reported droid refinery. That was a hoot. And give Luminara some appreciation, people! She took on Asajj Ventress in one epic episode and the whole thing was brilliant, most especially her.

                ... and that accent reduces me to a pool of melted butter. Same with General Grievous, really.
                __________________
                "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
                Reply With Quote
                  #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (8:33 AM).
                CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                Just your average Spaceball
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2017
                  Location: Hayward
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 2,471
                  Bane is easily the #1 Bounty Hunter. It’s funny that they’re making a movie about Boba Fett but Bane outclasses him in every measure. I should mention that Clone Wars also sets the foundation for Saw Gerrera and shows how his sister dies. This arc has meaning since Saw is a recurring character in Star Wars Rebels and is in the movie Rogue One. Shame that he dies in that movie too.
                  __________________
                  Currently raising:


                  Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                  Reply With Quote
                    #37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (1:34 AM).
                  Homeskulled Kid's Avatar
                  Homeskulled Kid Homeskulled Kid is offline
                  Life, the Universe and Everything
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2018
                    Location: Clancer
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 705
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                    Bane is easily the #1 Bounty Hunter. It’s funny that they’re making a movie about Boba Fett but Bane outclasses him in every measure. I should mention that Clone Wars also sets the foundation for Saw Gerrera and shows how his sister dies. This arc has meaning since Saw is a recurring character in Star Wars Rebels and is in the movie Rogue One. Shame that he dies in that movie too.
                    Yeah, I never quite got the Boba Fett obsession. Design wise, he's brutal, but he never exuded much in the ways of competence to me. Two second screen-time and he ends up in a Sarlacc. Wow. Even his dad was a poseur.

                    Saying these words, I feel that nasty sensation coming on where I fall in love with a character after having just dissed them.

                    But heck yes, Cad was brilliant! He got stuff done, yo. There was a lot of goodness going on in Clone Wars. No lame brain characters to slow down the hustle.
                    __________________
                    "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
                    Reply With Quote
                      #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (9:10 AM).
                    CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                    Just your average Spaceball
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2017
                      Location: Hayward
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 2,471
                      Fett obsession may have to do with his Mandalorian armor. Mandalore has this unique pull with Star Wars fans. It’s why Sabine is everyone’s latest Star Wars waifu because she’s 1) Hot and 2) Unique Mandalore armor with the infamous Dark Lightsaber that Maul used in Clone Wars series to take control of Mandalore.

                      Now here’s an interesting debate for Star Wars fans of the male variety. Who’s more attractive: Ahsoka Tano or Sabine Wren? Not as easy of a question as you may think as each one easily wins their respective series/era and they’re both in Rebels and both utilize a Lightsaber.
                      __________________
                      Currently raising:


                      Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                      Reply With Quote
                        #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (8:01 AM).
                      Homeskulled Kid's Avatar
                      Homeskulled Kid Homeskulled Kid is offline
                      Life, the Universe and Everything
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2018
                        Location: Clancer
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 705
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                        Now here’s an interesting debate for Star Wars fans of the male variety. Who’s more attractive: Ahsoka Tano or Sabine Wren? Not as easy of a question as you may think as each one easily wins their respective series/era and they’re both in Rebels and both utilize a Lightsaber.
                        I haven't watched Rebels yet, but Ahsoka ain't bad when the second season rolls of Clone Wars around. Svelte burgundy dress. Gutsy attitude. A very likeable character and an aesthetic delight.

                        But I'm a closet Luminara fanatic. There is something so unutterably glorious about her.
                        __________________
                        "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
                        Reply With Quote
                          #40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (9:45 AM).
                        CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                        Just your average Spaceball
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2017
                          Location: Hayward
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 2,471
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Homeskulled Kid View Post
                          I haven't watched Rebels yet, but Ahsoka ain't bad when the second season rolls of Clone Wars around. Svelte burgundy dress. Gutsy attitude. A very likeable character and an aesthetic delight.

                          But I'm a closet Luminara fanatic. There is something so unutterably glorious about her.
                          As a Star Wars fan, I highly recommend watching Rebels. First season wasn't too bad with the "Inquisitor" antagonist being voiced by someone whose name I can't quite remember but its iconic and memorable(and he makes the character). Not to spoil it for you but its a shame he didn't last as an antagonist either since he perishes in the Season finale :( In fact, Season 1 finale has several surprises and the surprises keep coming in Season 2. Doesn't really get "good" until Season 3 though when a certain "Admiral" arrives. Granted that's just my opinion lol. Oh and I highly recommend rewatching Clone Wars series prior to starting Rebels. Some Episodes may require having prior knowledge of past events, like on Ryloth(Hera's homeworld) and Mandalore(Sabine's homeworld).
                          __________________
                          Currently raising:


                          Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                          Reply With Quote
                            #41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 1 Week Ago (11:22 AM).
                          Homeskulled Kid's Avatar
                          Homeskulled Kid Homeskulled Kid is offline
                          Life, the Universe and Everything
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2018
                            Location: Clancer
                            Nature: Jolly
                            Posts: 705
                            Righto! I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to immerse myself in the whole franchise once I'm in a place to, but I'm planning on keeping myself pretty damn busy this year - paving the way for my career and furnishing myself with friends. But if they don't know the difference between a clone trooper and a stormtrooper, then pfft! They can get lost.

                            Episode IX, though! Episode freaking IX! This may or may not be a spoiler of note, but I hear that it'll be set one year after the events of TLJ. Does one sense the appearance of the Knights of Ren? A damnably exciting thought. It'll be epic to see how everything ties in, and if Rey will stick to the Light Side or literally stick it to the Light Side. For a time, anyway. I doubt she'll be the new Dark Lord of the next set of films or anything.
                            __________________
                            "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
                            Reply With Quote
                              #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 6 Days Ago (11:25 PM). Edited 6 Days Ago by CodeHelmet.
                            CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                            Just your average Spaceball
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2017
                              Location: Hayward
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 2,471
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Homeskulled Kid View Post
                              Righto! I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to immerse myself in the whole franchise once I'm in a place to, but I'm planning on keeping myself pretty damn busy this year - paving the way for my career and furnishing myself with friends. But if they don't know the difference between a clone trooper and a stormtrooper, then pfft! They can get lost.

                              Episode IX, though! Episode freaking IX! This may or may not be a spoiler of note, but I hear that it'll be set one year after the events of TLJ. Does one sense the appearance of the Knights of Ren? A damnably exciting thought. It'll be epic to see how everything ties in, and if Rey will stick to the Light Side or literally stick it to the Light Side. For a time, anyway. I doubt she'll be the new Dark Lord of the next set of films or anything.
                              If Rey sticks to the Light side, then why name Episode VIII "The Last Jedi"? Jedi Order is no more since Yoda himself destroyed the ancient texts that started the whole order in the first place. What I believe Rey will become is what Ahsoka Tano ultimately became: A Grey Jedi. Namely you're neither Light or Dark but Grey. You do what you feel is right as opposed to living by a strict code that the Jedi and Sith do. Yields you a ton more freedom while allowing you to explore all avenues of the Force.

                              Speaking of Ahsoka... *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!***
                              Spoiler:
                              she could still be alive in the third Trilogy arc. She'd be older than Luke but she's also not Human. I'd literally wet my pants out of pure joy if she appears in Episode IX
                              __________________
                              Currently raising:


                              Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                              Reply With Quote
                                #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 6 Days Ago (2:25 PM).
                              Fairy's Avatar
                              Fairy Fairy is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2011
                              Location: the flowers
                              Posts: 6,859
                              ^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
                              __________________

                              Reply With Quote
                              Reply

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                              Ad Content
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:12 PM.