Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Ad Content

#451   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 23rd, 2018 (11:34 PM).
TCGO: donavannj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizkollector View Post
So I just discovered a card and I’m hoping to get opinions to get a value on this card, it’s the CHARIZARD GX HYPER SECRET RARE. Although it’s not your average card it’s misprinted 158/146 when it’s supposed to be printed 150/146 according to Pokémon.com. It’s the first I’ve seen thus far, any help and opinions would be great.
Card will be getting sent for psa grading and will be looked at my certified expert btw
I have merged your post into the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Do you have photos? That sounds like a counterfeit rather than a misprint, particularly if you can't find any that match it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses86 View Post
Hey Gang,

I have recently discovered my old Pokemon series 1 collection. All authentic and in mint condition. What are they worth?

Regards

Ramses.
I have merged your post into the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Also, we need more details on what cards you actually have. Also, they're probably in near-mint condition at best. Mint basically means new in pack and untouched.

Though the average price of sold listings on eBay of cards that match what you have as well as listings on TCG Player should be helpful for you in determining actual value of your cards.
  #452   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 24th, 2018 (7:30 AM). Edited December 24th, 2018 by Fairy.
TCGO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizkollector View Post
So I just discovered a card and I’m hoping to get opinions to get a value on this card, it’s the CHARIZARD GX HYPER SECRET RARE. Although it’s not your average card it’s misprinted 158/146 when it’s supposed to be printed 150/146 according to Pokémon.com. It’s the first I’ve seen thus far, any help and opinions would be great.
Card will be getting sent for psa grading and will be looked at my certified expert btw
I did some research but without a picture of the card and specifically the potentially misprinted area it's impossible to determine its authenticity. The only Charizard GX Hyper-Secret rare is from Burning Shadows and there's 147 cards in that set - not 146. And even a supposed misprinted one I found on collectors.com still had 150/147 on it (and after close inspection was indistinguishable from a 'normal' Charizard GX - thought they did not have pictures of the back of the card so make of that what you will). I'm highly suspect that you have a real card on your hands there. Sorry, man. :(

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong! I hope you get us some pics!

#453   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 25th, 2018 (4:54 PM).
    TCGO:

Question, new to the forum, so be gentle LOL I found a pokemon card from most likely 1999, weird hologram over entire card, no copyright or manufacturer on bottom line, just 24/64 with black star and II (ii) on right side where the logo should be! I searched several databases and found nothing? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 15457854399814505254648296943316.jpg‎ (3.01 MB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
      #454   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old December 25th, 2018 (5:19 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dnadoctor View Post
    Question, new to the forum, so be gentle LOL I found a pokemon card from most likely 1999, weird hologram over entire card, no copyright or manufacturer on bottom line, just 24/64 with black star and II (ii) on right side where the logo should be! I searched several databases and found nothing? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!
    I've gone ahead and moved your post to the appropriate thread for this type of question.

So, basically, that's a counterfeit. That particular holo pattern has never been used on any card is the immediate giveaway to me, but there are other tells, like the 250 HP the card has, which on the earliest cards was not a thing (iirc there weren't any cards with that much HP until a Wailord card was printed sometime in the last 10 years). That and the HP font does not match the font size of the text "HP" next to it. If it were a legit card, it would match.

Another tell is the font Aerodactyl is written in, which should match the fonts the attacks are written in. And the attack damage is ridiculous for an early era card as well.

That art is also pretty poorly edited onto the card.

That symbol that they're trying to pass off as a set symbol to the bottom right of the picture is also not a symbol that has been used in the Pokemon TCG to indicate any sets whatsoever.

Several of these following tells are related:
    1. The card says evolves from Pidgeotto. Aerodactyl does not evolve from Pidgeotto. Pidgeot does.
    2. The attacks, aside from the damage - which was heavily edited - are a match both in cost, name, and effect for the Jungle Pidgeot card.
    3. 24/64 is the collector's number of a non-holo Pidgeot from the Jungle set.
    4. That Pokedex flavor text at the bottom of the card is a perfect match for the Pokedex flavor text on that Pidgeot card.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this was a mostly poorly done counterfeit you have.

It also looks like it's smaller than the card you have behind it. That's another tell.

Hope this helps.
      #455   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old December 25th, 2018 (5:34 PM).
      TCGO:

Wow, yeah I was really sceptical also about the card and was really just interested in finding out. The most interesting thing is I bought all the cards for my son, and only from box sets in a store, never traded cards or bought cards from anywhere else. All the cards went into plastic hard cases and were stored from 2000 until last month. I took them out to look at them in 2018, weird I guess! Thanks for your time.
        #456   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 25th, 2018 (6:33 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dnadoctor View Post
      Wow, yeah I was really sceptical also about the card and was really just interested in finding out. The most interesting thing is I bought all the cards for my son, and only from box sets in a store, never traded cards or bought cards from anywhere else. All the cards went into plastic hard cases and were stored from 2000 until last month. I took them out to look at them in 2018, weird I guess! Thanks for your time.
      The thing is, repacker packs get put on shelves next to official product, and sometimes the repackers do a terrible job at auditing the product they buy to re-pack before packing it up and selling it to the distributors that distribute/sell Pokemon cards to major retailers. Because of this, if you weren't fully attuned to what to look for on an official package, you could end up grabbing one of these and they might have some counterfeits/fakes in them. Many of these repackaged packs did have legit cards, too, so that's why they continue to be permitted.

Also, dollar stores have historically been hotbeds for finding counterfeit packs. They do sell real packs, too, but dollar stores tended to overwhelmingly have counterfeit Pokemon TCG product.
        #457   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 27th, 2018 (4:36 AM).
      TCGO:

Fairly certain that Aerodactyl is a screen grab from the anime too. I feel like I recognize it. I’d keep the card for the novelty of it though! It tells a story of the history of you and your son collecting Pokémon cards and that’s always fun and nostalgic to return to. I’ve got plenty of counterfeit cards in my collection just because they make me happy! :)

If you’re ever worried about whether or not you’re buying legitimate packs, go to your local game or hobby store and support them!

#458   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 30th, 2018 (10:30 AM). Edited December 30th, 2018 by Reinfeld.
        TCGO:

Hey, all. My lil bro just picked up some pokemon cards from a garage sale, and I looked over them to see if he got anything good. I dont know anything about card rarity or sets from pokemon, as im more into mtg and vanguard. Anyway, there were a couple full arts here and there that are nice, but one in particular stood out. I did an ebay search, and spent about 20 mins online trying to find this print without success.

Its a full art non-holo Proffessor Sycamore, 114/114 with a white star and what looks like a sheriffs badge in the bottom right corner. Usually worth ~$5. However, the name is Profesor Ciprés, indicating a spanish Print, but the card text itself is English with the "Discard your hand and draw 7 cards" and "you may play only 1 supporter card during your turn (before your attack)
        Everything i saw with Profesor Ciprés also had spanish card text, and vice-versa.
        Is this a translation misprint, conterfeit, or actually just a commonish card that I couldnt find a copy of?
          #459   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old December 31st, 2018 (8:41 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Reinfeld View Post
        Hey, all. My lil bro just picked up some pokemon cards from a garage sale, and I looked over them to see if he got anything good. I dont know anything about card rarity or sets from pokemon, as im more into mtg and vanguard. Anyway, there were a couple full arts here and there that are nice, but one in particular stood out. I did an ebay search, and spent about 20 mins online trying to find this print without success.

Its a full art non-holo Proffessor Sycamore, 114/114 with a white star and what looks like a sheriffs badge in the bottom right corner. Usually worth ~$5. However, the name is Profesor Ciprés, indicating a spanish Print, but the card text itself is English with the "Discard your hand and draw 7 cards" and "you may play only 1 supporter card during your turn (before your attack)
        Everything i saw with Profesor Ciprés also had spanish card text, and vice-versa.
        Is this a translation misprint, conterfeit, or actually just a commonish card that I couldnt find a copy of?
        Probably a counterfeit if it's mixing languages. Got a photo?
          #460   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old January 14th, 2019 (11:28 AM). Edited January 14th, 2019 by KarenHartman97.
          TCGO:

I have a Team Rocket 4/82 Dark Charizard holo But it looks a lot lighter than a normal Dark Charizard. My question: How can I see if it's a real misprint or just a sun bleached card?

Thanks, Karen

#461   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old January 14th, 2019 (2:43 PM).
          TCGO:

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KarenHartman97 View Post
          I have a Team Rocket 4/82 Dark Charizard holo But it looks a lot lighter than a normal Dark Charizard. My question: How can I see if it's a real misprint or just a sun bleached card?

Thanks, Karen

Hi there! Looking at the card, it appears to not be a misprint, but a victim of low printer ink when they printed the red background. And looking at the slightly folded corner, it appears to be real too.

Obviously I can't tell for sure because it could be over exposure from your camera, but because of the consistency of the lightening (usually with sun bleaching or tinting you end up with discoloration in different areas or a yellow cast), I think what you have there is a manufacturing error. Unfortunately, these kinds of errors are rather common and nothing to write home about. It's just a slightly lighter card, that's all. Still a cool one though! :)

#462   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old January 15th, 2019 (9:04 AM).
            TCGO:

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
            Hi there! Looking at the card, it appears to not be a misprint, but a victim of low printer ink when they printed the red background. And looking at the slightly folded corner, it appears to be real too.

Obviously I can't tell for sure because it could be over exposure from your camera, but because of the consistency of the lightening (usually with sun bleaching or tinting you end up with discoloration in different areas or a yellow cast), I think what you have there is a manufacturing error. Unfortunately, these kinds of errors are rather common and nothing to write home about. It's just a slightly lighter card, that's all. Still a cool one though! :)
            Thanks so much for your response! And indeed, I'm still very proud of this card :) Especially since Charizard is my favourite Pokémon!

Karen
              #463   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old January 15th, 2019 (9:41 AM).
              TCGO:

So now I have a second question: I have a Duelist Jungle Fever Magazine (Vol. 6 Issue 9) from 1999, with a First Edition Jungle 60/64 Pikachu Wizards promo. Everything is still sealed and perfect mint, except the sealing (it is a little ripped). So how can I find the real value of this item in euros?

Karen

#464   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old January 15th, 2019 (5:25 PM).
              TCGO:

Quote:
              So now I have a second question: I have a Duelist Jungle Fever Magazine (Vol. 6 Issue 9) from 1999, with a First Edition Jungle 60/64 Pikachu Wizards promo. Everything is still sealed and perfect mint, except the sealing (it is a little ripped). So how can I find the real value of this item in euros?

Karen

Ooooooh! I’m jealous! Seriously, if PC had a platform for trading or buying, I would totally make a deal with you for that one. Really awesome card and in the original sleeve no less! If I were you I’d get it PSA rated. It’s not an exceptionally rare or expensive card - I’ve seen played ones go for around $8 to $12 (about €7.30 to €10.50 though my conversion might be off) but still awesome for those of us who collected the W-stamped cards!

Take good care of that one for me. :)

#465   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old January 15th, 2019 (10:56 PM).
                TCGO:

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
                Ooooooh! I’m jealous! Seriously, if PC had a platform for trading or buying, I would totally make a deal with you for that one. Really awesome card and in the original sleeve no less! If I were you I’d get it PSA rated. It’s not an exceptionally rare or expensive card - I’ve seen played ones go for around $8 to $12 (about €7.30 to €10.50 though my conversion might be off) but still awesome for those of us who collected the W-stamped cards!

Take good care of that one for me. :)
                Thanks so much for your nice response. :) But actually, I was wondering about the value of the magazine and the Pikachu card together. I was not really clear about that :blush:
                Or are these two items more valuable when I sell them separatedly? (I decided to go only for a fewer specific series, you see)

Karen
                  #466   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old January 16th, 2019 (8:47 AM).

Quote:
                Thanks so much for your nice response. :) But actually, I was wondering about the value of the magazine and the Pikachu card together. I was not really clear about that :blush:
                Or are these two items more valuable when I sell them separatedly? (I decided to go only for a fewer specific series, you see)

Karen
                While I'd normally say check sold listings on eBay, there are none no matter what terms I use.

There's a buy it now listing on English eBay for a pre-owned, opened copy of that particular issue starts the bidding around $7.50 USD and a buy it now price of $26, but I think $26 might be too high for the condition of this listing. However, there is a sealed listing (with 2 copies available apparently) that is going for $60 USD for a buy it now price. Not sure what it amounts to in euros, but I'd think somewhere between $30 and $40 would be a reasonable price since the sealing is partially broken.

That said, terms to search are specifically "Duelist September 1999" or "Duelist Vol 6 Issue 9" since Jungle Fever is just one of the eyecatch taglines for that particular issue.
                  #467   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:15 PM).
                  TCGO:

Anyone seen one of these before? Got it from a pack yesterday. Didn’t notice the square corners at first.
                  Attached Images
                  File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (1.61 MB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    #468   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:05 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Flrnt View Post
                  Anyone seen one of these before? Got it from a pack yesterday. Didn’t notice the square corners at first.
                  A partially square cut card is what you have. Not crazy rare but not all that common, either.
                    #469   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:24 PM).
                    TCGO:

I found these old cards. If anyone has any information about them or can direct me somewhere. I cant any information on them besides a few for sale on ebay.
                    Attached Images
                    File Type: png cards.png‎ (1.11 MB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    File Type: png cards1.png‎ (1.13 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    File Type: png cards2.png‎ (1.07 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    File Type: png cards3.png‎ (1.11 MB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                    File Type: png cards4.png‎ (1.16 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                      #470   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:12 AM).
                    TCGO:

Hey there! Those are most definitely Bandai's Pokemon anime collection cards (CARDDASS?). From everything I understand they have a very niche market that some people will pay for. They're not particularly rare, and I'm fairly certain they will only sell high if graded, but nevertheless it's an interesting find. I'm not keyed into the market for these at all, but after a quick look I was able to find that Pikachu card you've got in non-holo going for about $13. Hopefully this will at least give ya a good starting point to do some further research. :)

Good luck!

#471   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (12:14 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by ByronB.
                      TCGO:

I know you asked not to post about common cards, but i've come across a japanese skyridge/split earth unlimited pikachu card. it is non holo. the condition is near mint.
                      I have no idea what it might be worth could you help me please?
                        #472   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (7:01 PM).
                      TCGO:

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
                      I know you asked not to post about common cards, but i've come across a japanese skyridge/split earth unlimited pikachu card. it is non holo. the condition is near mint.
                      Pictures would be helpful to get a real sense of its worth, but just from what you’ve said it should be a fairly pricy card. Good find!

It’s #033/088, right? Not reverse holo? All prices I see seem to be around $8 to $10. :)

#473   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (10:35 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
                      That rule is specifically in place because so many people would ask about their English Base Set commons back when they were worth something like $0.10 each. Obviously, there are high value exceptions like yours, but the vast majority are worth basically nothing.
                        #474   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 5 Days Ago (1:25 PM).
                        TCGO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DV9Kcdgr4

Uploaded this video on YouTube as I'm wondering how much my rare Pokemon cards are worth.
                          #475   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 4 Days Ago (10:14 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Jonathan1990 View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DV9Kcdgr4

Uploaded this video on YouTube as I'm wondering how much my rare Pokemon cards are worth.
                        I've gone ahead and merged your post into the How Much Is This Worth? thread.

That said I've not got the energy or time tonight to watch the video to see what you have and price it out (I'm up past my bedtime posting this at the moment because I have a few things to post/address yet before going to bed).

Newer stuff you can find prices for pretty readily on TCGPlayer (via the Market Price), older stuff based on sold listings on eBay and in some cases via the price on TCGPlayer.

More than happy to help if you can't discern a price for something on those, though.

Quick Reply