• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everywhere I go, Enemies I make

Years
Amazed anyone is trying to help a bit.

There is no lie, i got problems. Same time it could just be my teen brain thinking.

Hands, i was just wondering. I wanted to make sure what i thought was true or not.

Maybe it's confidence?
Looking a this thread, it's as gimmepie sais, we shouldn't go into interactions expecting the worst.

Personally, I'd befriend you but I'm nearly 30 and I would feel weird befriending someone who is more than 10 years younger than me. Just a personal preference.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I got bullied for 3 years straight, in middle school and if you read my thread of parents dating the devil. So confidence could be a thing, because I always feel of failure.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
ur ENJOYING the situation that u r in or else u wouldn't talk about it

that goes for every1 in here talking about how miserable their lives r or have been

sadness is very similar to happiness, they r both strong feelings and if u look closely at life u will find that we r all only looking for strong feelings to achieve

and most of us enjoy sadness more than happiness, because sadness is a strong feeling thats easier to achieve than happiness

FlameChrome

Years
ur ENJOYING the situation that u r in or else u wouldn't talk about it

that goes for every1 in here talking about how miserable their lives r or have been

sadness is very similar to happiness, they r both strong feelings and if u look closely at life u will find that we r all only looking for strong feelings to achieve

and most of us enjoy sadness more than happiness, because sadness is a strong feeling thats easier to achieve than happiness

that was a tiny bit rude, but iinteresting way to think about things

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
sorry it wasn't meant to be rude, i was actually thinking about adding a "from my point of view" or something so that it doesnt sound like i know everything

then again i dont wanna add those neutralising phrases as i don't like them, the way i type is exactly how i think, just for clarification

FlameChrome

Years
sorry it wasn't meant to be rude, i was actually thinking about adding a "from my point of view" or something so that it doesnt sound like i know everything

then again i dont wanna add those neutralising phrases as i don't like them, the way i type is exactly how i think, just for clarification

its fine no worries, :)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I can see where some of the advice is coming from, as far as being overly sensitive, or wanting attention, and etc, but while that is true of a lot of people, don't let it get you down. If you are a sensitive person you just have to be self aware, and maybe realize that if a room full of people (offline or online) aren't talking to you, then it's not always the case that they're actively ignoring you or disliking. In some cases they might be simply caught up in their own thoughts or a different convo. And it is extremely easy to be overly sensitive, or shy, or have crummy self esteem when you've been in situations like yours - I've been in similar spots so that's why I'm giving my two cents even if its a few days late!

Main thing would be to watch your temper (if you have one?), try not to be (or care about being) the center of attention, and kinda just go with the flow of the conversations you're in, or the people that you're around. It helps a lot to just kinda blend in, or if you're super talkative, try not to offend and say too much. It's also fair to say that no one else knows what goes on inside your head. So if you're freaked out, or shy, or feeling bad, or insecure and you're worried about what people think - no one will have a single clue about any of that, unless you tell them. When you walk into a room, for all anyone knows you could be the most confident person in there, and they would have zero reason to think otherwise! So if you act like you're keeping together, that's a step towards actually gaining said confidence!

I might have more I was gonna say, but I'll withhold, because I've only seen your posts around, so since I don't t personally know you, I don't want to speak outta line too much, but please take care, and I hope you're able to mend that friendship, or at the least that you can find some good friends in other people in the coming years. :>

FlameChrome

Years
I can see where some of the advice is coming from, as far as being overly sensitive, or wanting attention, and etc, but while that is true of a lot of people, don't let it get you down. If you are a sensitive person you just have to be self aware, and maybe realize that if a room full of people (offline or online) aren't talking to you, then it's not always the case that they're actively ignoring you or disliking. In some cases they might be simply caught up in their own thoughts or a different convo. And it is extremely easy to be overly sensitive, or shy, or have crummy self esteem when you've been in situations like yours - I've been in similar spots so that's why I'm giving my two cents even if its a few days late!

Main thing would be to watch your temper (if you have one?), try not to be (or care about being) the center of attention, and kinda just go with the flow of the conversations you're in, or the people that you're around. It helps a lot to just kinda blend in, or if you're super talkative, try not to offend and say too much. It's also fair to say that no one else knows what goes on inside your head. So if you're freaked out, or shy, or feeling bad, or insecure and you're worried about what people think - no one will have a single clue about any of that, unless you tell them. When you walk into a room, for all anyone knows you could be the most confident person in there, and they would have zero reason to think otherwise! So if you act like you're keeping together, that's a step towards actually gaining said confidence!

I might have more I was gonna say, but I'll withhold, because I've only seen your posts around, so since I don't t personally know you, I don't want to speak outta line too much, but please take care, and I hope you're able to mend that friendship, or at the least that you can find some good friends in other people in the coming years. :>

Im in college hopefully in about 2 years, might make friends there lol. and thanks for the advice

FlameChrome

Years
in my finance class, im forced to be partnered with certain people. Best thing is when its random, i hate just about everyone in there (actually more like i assume everyone hates me in there). I have worked with a total of 3 people who if i remember correctly use to hate me. They seemed neutral when I worked with them. They might just be putting up a mask, because they are forced to work with me.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Not saying it's necessary the case, but could it be that you're perhaps a tad... paranoid? You say you assume everyone hates you straight away, while that might not be the case at all. (Certainly since people appeared neutral when you worked with them, you might just have been wrong about them in the first case!)
You know, merely thinking that thought is pretty dangerous. Big chance it influences (willingly or unwillingly, possibly even beyond your notice) your behavior towards your classmates in a negative way and cause an attitude that only then actually makes them think negatively about you.

Sure, you can't work well with everyone, but you don't have to. I recommend trying an optimistic and open attitude and who knows what it will bring you. :)

EDIT: I'm going to be direct on this one, but I must also add that I can definitely recommend your look on people. You say you hope college will be another chance to make friends. If you're still going to assume people will just hate you for no reason, the odds anything is going to change is zero to put it bluntly, and it will just be your current situation all over again.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

Years
I only assume that, because its the same people who I was with in middle school (junior high its also called sometimes) and i was the most hated person then.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I only assume that, because its the same people who I was with in middle school (junior high its also called sometimes) and i was the most hated person then.

Still, I suggest you don't do that. People change personality-wise, even more so when they're in their teens. I have to admit I have no clue how the American school system works, but it sounds like you base your opinions on what you saw a long time ago. Just give them another chance!

There is this girl that was in my class for two years when I was 11/12 and whom didn't particularly care about at the time. We're close friends now!
Again, you most likely can't convince the entire class to become best friends with you, but there surely must be someone who's changed and has forgotten about the past and is willing to open up to you. Heck, you most likely have changed over the years, and quite possibly in a way some people would like you better. Even if you were "the most hated of the class" doesn't mean the entire class hated you at the time.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

But you couldn't possibly know that unless you asked literally every single student in the school and they all unanimously agreed that they hated you. You might think they hated you, but that could very easily be a result of how you interpreted events.

Plus, it's middle school. A lot of people in middle school tend to be asshole-y. Everyone's in a turbulent, hormonal state of existence every day, so of course there will be people who are rude without reason. You'll find that it changes a bit when you get older and get better at understanding people.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
It's not that everyone hates me, which I would probably get use to anyways, but the fact that no one really cares that I exist but eh.

Last edited:
Back