• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about the The Notch

Years
android-phones-with-notch-copying-iphone-x.jpg

It's out of control.

Please make it stop.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I actually don?t mind it. Then again I?ve probably just gotten used to it. Doesn?t really get in the way.

Years
Personally, my biggest frustration with the notch is moreso due to the fact that it makes every phone look... essentially the same, y'know? It feels like no matter what phone you go for, if it has a notch, it's more likely than not going to look similar to most other notch phones out there which makes it feel less unique. :c

Years
The problem I have with notches is that they are in the way of what's on the screen. You don't see them present in screenshots, and that alone bugs me because of all the wasted on-screen space.

Years
Such a shame that Google became more or less the laughing stock of smartphones because of its ridiculously-sized notch. Kinda wish they had gone the OnePlus route and shrunk it and made it look aesthetically nice, at the very least.

Years
I don't mind the notch on my iPhone X at all. I do agree - I'm not a fan of the big blank space in screenshots tbh. Hopefully the next iteration of iPhones will feature a smaller notch.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
i think its actually a bit interesting because the little items on the top technically wont be taking up your screen when you are doing something and it will have their own little area, then again sometimes they add up and probs wont be able to fit all in there depending on size of notch and screen size

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I've never really had an issue with it. On my P20 Pro the notch is only sitting in what is pretty much largely unused space in the notification bar. It does look funky but after a few days you learn to ignore it, especially since you're only usually ever looking at the clock or the notifications, not anywhere in the middle, or at the rest of the screen.

Years
don't like the notch. especially how manufacturers try to hide it during their presentation by using dark wallpapers. it's like they know the notch doesn't look good but they still want you to buy it regardless.
i've been liking the fact that you can hide notches now though (using software). hoping for a new design language for smartphones next year

Years
I've never really had an issue with it. On my P20 Pro the notch is only sitting in what is pretty much largely unused space in the notification bar. It does look funky but after a few days you learn to ignore it, especially since you're only usually ever looking at the clock or the notifications, not anywhere in the middle, or at the rest of the screen.
At least Huawei is doing it right by putting it in the least intrusive spot.

Back