• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS] Gen 7 PBS, Scripts, Graphics and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2017
This is all great stuff, the only problem I've had is that the gen 7 backsprites are way too big. Is there an easy way to go about resizing them?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 11, 2018
I'm not 100% sure why... and it's probably just something I'm doing wrong, but whenever I spawn a Pokemon in, the Pokemon itself will appear.. but the sprite will not appear..

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I'm not 100% sure why... and it's probably just something I'm doing wrong, but whenever I spawn a Pokemon in, the Pokemon itself will appear.. but the sprite will not appear..

If you're using EBS, were you prompted to have your sprites automatically reformatted?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 11, 2018
i am not currently using EBS just because the version of rpg maker im using it 15.9.. I'm using it because its the only version compatible with some old scripts I'm also using..
if i need EBS.. i could probably find a work around with time..

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2017
I wasn't really specific about my backsprite problem, sorry! The gen 7 sprites take up pretty much the whole screen, while all other backsprites are fine. If I scale them down, the other backsprites become way too small. Is there a quick fix or would I just have to resize each one manually? I'm using EBS and there wasn't an option to reformat them. I'd post screenshots but it won't let me

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 28, 2017
Can i ask that this gen 7 is use with pokemon essentials V16.2 or pokemon essentials gen 6 ?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Can i ask that this gen 7 is use with pokemon essentials V16.2 or pokemon essentials gen 6 ?

It was made for Pok?mon Essentials v16.2 and should be 100% compatible with generation 6 PBS. Can't promise that for items, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 30, 2023
Has anyone figured out how to implement the new Mega Evolution speed mechanic from Sun and Moon where the speed change from Mega Evolving is taken into account for calculating move order?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
So i've been getting this error when i try to load items during testing.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
So i've been getting this error when i try to load items during testing.

Spoiler:

Use the latest version of Pokémon Essentials; version 16.2.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
Use the latest version of Pokémon Essentials; version 16.2.
Thank you!~
I actually figured this out a lot earlier today playing around with the files.
I did, however, find 2 errors in the Items PBS the Decidium Z, and Flyinganium Z is missing a "," after the item description.

IvyMe

My Twitter: @_IvyMe
Years
2 errors:

In Liquid Voice script, i think you are missing the ability, your code is:
Code:
    if attacker.hasWorkingAbility && isSoundBased?
      atype=getConst(PBTypes,:WATER) || 0
    end

but after attacker.hasWorkingAbility, I think that should be an (:LIQUIDVOICE), and the result should be:
Code:
    if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:LIQUIDVOICE) && isSoundBased?
    end

When i had used this code without "(:LIQUIDVOICE)", on each attack that my enemy or I made shows an error, puting that fix it, I don't know how to code, but looking other scripts I think that putting that will fix the problem.

The move Aurora Veil is during only one turn, ignoring how many turns i put on "attacker.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::AuroraVeil]"

BTW great job! :D

Oh, I think that it will be a hard work but a Pokémon PBS file including all 1-6gen Pokémon with their respective changes (moves, etc) and 7gen changes to moves or abilities (such gale wings or leech life) would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
2 errors:

In Liquid Voice script, i think you are missing the ability, your code is:
Code:
    if attacker.hasWorkingAbility && isSoundBased?
    end

but after attacker.hasWorkingAbility, I think that should be an (:LIQUIDVOICE), and the result should be:
Code:
    if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:LIQUIDVOICE) && isSoundBased?
    end

When i had used this code without "(:LIQUIDVOICE)", on each attack that my enemy or I made shows an error, puting that fix it, I don't know how to code, but looking other scripts I think that putting that will fix the problem.

The move Aurora Veil is during only one turn, ignoring how many turns i put on "attacker.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::AuroraVeil]"

BTW great job! :D

Oh, I think that it will be a hard work but a Pokémon PBS file including all 1-6gen Pokémon with their respective changes (moves, etc) and 7gen changes to moves or abilities (such gale wings or leech life) would be great!

I was already aware of that, yeah.

I'm not really looking to do PBS changes, as that's repetitive work which isn't all that relevant to this project.

Anyway, I'm glad that I can say that I'm currently in the process of recreating every single script. It'll be for v17, once that comes out. I've mainly just started doing some moves, which I should be able to transfer over no problem. It'll also contain everything regarding gen 6.

Years
Anyone implement the MoveEffect for Disguise? Since it acts like Substitute without draining your HP and changing the sprite to the Substitute Doll, can one take some of the code from Substitute's MoveEffect and tweak it into Disguise?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
According to the install guide for Triage, I need to find pbSuccessCheck, but It's not listed in the script list. Is that a mistake on my part or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back