• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
I think Gen I and II had plenty of prevos and evos introduced in Gen IV, really. I wouldn't mind seeing more prevos/evos for Gen III and Gen IV Pokémon in the coming games. It feels a bit premature (and, for some reason, unnecessary) to give Gen V any prevos/evos, but it'll probably happen. We already know that Gen VI won't use exclusively new Pokémon for the main story- at least, I feel that can be assumed from the trailer- and with that and Sylveon's announcement in mind, I'm sure we can expect quite a few prevos and evos in Gen VI.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It'd look awesome, no doubt, but then I think it might be a little too strong really. I mean I could easily see it being in higher tiers and doing -really- well if it were an evolution of Golurk, which already has amazing attack.

Not unless they balance it out with a mediocre stat distribution like defense. Still, I'm not too fond of a Golurk split evo because of the possibilities of it getting outclassed like Glalie with Froslass.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unless it became a legit evolution which would allow past Golurk to be defensive due to eviolite, and for this one to be fast/special...?

Years
I want a...
-Skarmory pre-evo
-Sableye evo
-Cacturne evo
-Scizor alternate form
-Onix alternate/pre-evo
-Zorua second stage evo (highly unlikely)
-Carnivine evo
-Heracross evo/pre-evo
-^same for Pinsir^
-Mr. Mime evo (We are in Paris!!!)
-Druddigon pre-evo/evo
Plenty more, I just can't think of them right now haha

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
It would be nice if they introduced the following:
  • Kangaskhan pre-evo(Evolves into Cubone too)
  • Jynx evo
  • Pinsir/Herecross evos
  • Another eeveeloution aside from Sylveon

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Never saw why bouffant and alomomola werent evos for tauros and luvdisc??

I was very surprised that Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola, they look very similar, Alomomola is serperior (pun intended) in every way to Luvdisc, so I was just baffled.

But maybe this is the case:
Spoiler:

However I never saw Bouffalant an evolution to Tauros, I thought they would be split evolutions for a baby version of Tauros/Bouffalant. If you think about it, Tauros and Bouffalant have the exact same stat total (look it up if you don't believe me), Tauros is a physical sweeper and Bouffalant is a physical tanker, they have the same typing, and have very similar design and size (weight/height), so it makes sense to me that they could be split evos.

In fact, I want a pre-evo that can evolve into either Tauros or Bouffalant. So it gives the player the choice whether or not they want a physical sweeper or tanker.

Besides, everyone wants Tauros and Bouffalant to be linked!!!!!!!!

Crystal Noel

Years
I was very surprised that Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola, they look very similar, Alomomola is serperior (pun intended) in every way to Luvdisc, so I was just baffled.

Spoiler:

However I never saw Bouffalant an evolution to Tauros, I thought they would be split evolutions for a baby version of Tauros/Bouffalant. If you think about it, Tauros and Bouffalant have the exact same stat total (look it up if you don't believe me), Tauros is a physical sweeper and Bouffalant is a physical tanker, they have the same typing, and have very similar design and size (weight/height), so it makes sense to me that they could be split evos.

In fact, I want a pre-evo that can evolve into either Tauros or Bouffalant. So it gives the player the choice whether or not they want a physical sweeper or tanker.

Why not have one that evolves into Tauros, Bouffalant, or Miltank. Tauros and Miltank are already connected.
Maybe it is like with Roselia, where its Pre-evo and evo were introduced in Gen 4. The Pokemon between the two could be introduced in Gen VI.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Why not have one that evolves into Tauros, Bouffalant, or Miltank. Tauros and Miltank are already connected.
Maybe it is like with Roselia, where its Pre-evo and evo were introduced in Gen 4. The Pokemon between the two could be introduced in Gen VI.

Now that I think about it, I can see Miltank as an alternate evo as well. Once again, Miltank has the same exact stat total as Bouffalant and Tauros, same typing and similar sizes. In fact, how about the pre-evo be named Calfy (calf and baby), it looks like a cute little calf of course!

Maybe a female Calfy evolves into Miltank and male Calfy evolve into Tauros, and give Calfy a dawn stone and it will evolve into Bouffalant.

Crystal Noel

Years
Now that I think about it, I can see Miltank as an alternate evo as well. Once again, Miltank has the same exact stat total as Bouffalant and Tauros, same typing and similar sizes. In fact, how about the pre-evo be named Calfy (calf and baby), it looks like a cute little calf of course!

Maybe a female Calfy evolves into Miltank and male Calfy evolve into Tauros, and give Calfy a dawn stone and it will evolve into Bouffalant.
Alright, I am going to assume Calfy evolves into Miltank/Tauros with happiness like most Baby Pokémon. What would the name of the new incense that breeds a Calfy in Day-Care.

Crystal Noel

Years
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Every time a new baby Pokémon is introduced there is an incense that if either parent holds it in day care the egg will hatch into the baby Pokémon otherwise it will hatch into what it did in the previous Generation.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#What_will_hatch
This should clear things up.

Thanks, now I know what is is!

Maybe the incense could be called 'plain incense', raises the power of normal-type moves.

Causes:
(Tauros and Bouffalant / Tauros and Miltank / Bouffalant and Miltank) to produce a Calfy when in the daycare centre.

Crystal Noel

Years
Thanks, now I know what is is!

Maybe the incense could be called 'plain incense', raises the power of normal-type moves.

Causes:
(Tauros and Bouffalant / Tauros and Miltank / Bouffalant and Miltank) to produce a Calfy when in the daycare centre.

Nice reference to Whitney's gym badge. Incenses work with any compatible combination including Ditto Breeding.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Let's try and take the discussion of what method could be used to evolve the hypothetical "Calfy" into the New Evolution Methods thread where it's more appropriate.
I'll like an evolution for Phione, Manaphy can breed, yet it's product is weaker. It can be a Water/Psychic.
I don't know how I'd feel about another evolution going back to the Phione and Manaphy line. I feel like even though Phione's status as a legendary is questionable, it's not really necessary. Which is a weak argument, I know, but I'd prefer they leave Phione and Manaphy as they are in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Spoiler:

None of the Gen 5 Pokemon are related to an earlier generation. Alomamola will never evolve into Luvdisc. If they could then it would have been done in Gen 5.

Miltank and Tauros aren't connected actually. That's pure Fan speculation. Unlike Illumise/Volbeat and the Nidoran, a Miltank cannot produce a Tauros egg, while a Illumise can produce either a Volbeat Egg or Illumise Egg. Same with Nidoran. It can produce a male or female nidoran. According to gamefreak Miltank and Tauros aren't related.

I'll like an evolution for Phione, Manaphy can breed, yet it's product is weaker. It can be a Water/Psychic.

Phione is classified as a Legendary Pokemon. I don't think they'll allow it to evolve.

How about evolutions for Glalie and Frolass. Glalie can become either Ice/Dark or Ice/Steel. Maybe even make Glalie's evolution all male.

Froslass is one of the rare Stone evoltuion Pokemon that get to keep learning moves thanks to its spilt evolution, but I don't see them ever evolving Stone Evolution Pokemon. Stone evolutions seem to be a final stage evolution method. I can see Glalie going further but not Froslass which honestly kinda defeats the point of the split evolution.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Alomomola and Luvdisc are not even the same egg-groups.

I don't see it anyway.
They are fish, and their height is bigger than their length?

If that was all it takes, then every Pika-clone, every recycled Pidgey, every monkey, all pink blobs, all plants with cute faces, all poison garbage, all pokemon based on similar species (horses, spiders, moths, frogs, fish, bears, mushrooms, moles, dogs, cats..), all humanoid psychics, all ancient objects, all living rocks... all of those should be part of the same evolutionary family.

No.
There is a thing called variation.
I don't see anyone saying That Wurmples evolutions should have been alt. evolutions of Caterpie or something, which would make about 10 times as much sense as there being some relation between Luvdisc and Alomomola or whatever other two pokes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Alomomola and Luvdisc are not even the same egg-groups.

I don't see it anyway.
They are fish, and their height is bigger than their length?

If that was all it takes, then every Pika-clone, every recycled Pidgey, every monkey, all pink blobs, all plants with cute faces, all poison garbage, all pokemon based on similar species (horses, spiders, moths, frogs, fish, bears, mushrooms, moles, dogs, cats..), all humanoid psychics, all ancient objects, all living rocks... all of those should be part of the same evolutionary family.

No.
There is a thing called variation.
I don't see anyone saying That Wurmples evolutions should have been alt. evolutions of Caterpie or something, which would make about 10 times as much sense as there being some relation between Luvdisc and Alomomola or whatever other two pokes.

While it doesn't help, they DO share 1 egg group. Alomomola is in Water 1 and Water 2 while Luvdisc is just in Water 2. Even still, with that I don't think there is any Evolution that is in an egg group that the Pre-evo isn't.

Similar issues with Tauros/Bouffalant. They both give 2 EVs. From memory most basic stages give 1 unless single forms. Both give 2 so both are capable of having premature forms which is a good thing. Usually you can't go by stats but EVs seem to be good measuring tools for possible evolutions/pre-evolutions. I think 3 EVs is the max a Pokemon can give so anything with 3 EVs total cannot evolve. Lowest would be 1 and I don't know many Pokemon that give 1 EV between two stages unless they are fast evolvers. I haven't done any proper research so this is a quick glance theory. I have a really high chance of being wrong XD

Back