• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Found some old cards

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Oct 24, 2017
Hello, I found some old 1996 Pocket Monsters cards that are in Japanese.

Anyone have any info on these cards??

iRpirUEMV_Un06td7WEXRPKukYXWsDYjv8Y0KsZycqU

ajnZJYZ6ZBMbCnRho-UygBmDcQqmXuYS55u_LXLGYZI

Thanks

Last edited:
Years

Thanks
We've actually got an entire forum dedicated to the Pokemon TCG, so I'm going to move this thread over there for you. Though, if you're looking for help, you might want to post a bit more information about your cards- either descriptions of them to help us figure out what they are, or you can always upload image attachements to your posts.

MOVED.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Welcome to PC sjones! First, as Brendino stated, information about what you found, and or pictures, would help a lot.

If you're looking for a solid way to price checks, normally the best way is searching on ebay that exact card in sold listings. There you can find a better idea how much any card is worth.
But if you add some pictures I could help figure out rough estimates for you. (:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Thanks

I mean, we can't possibly go on just "old 1996 cards" but I assume they're just base set given the date.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I know the Japanese Johto sets were one of the most imported sets to America. Could possibly be from then as well.

Nah, Johto (neo Genesis) didn't come out until 1999 in Japan

card11.jpg
These also came out around the same time as "Expansion pack" (Jap. Base Set) so it might be these he means, I honestly can't tell until I see a pic or get a description tho

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Oct 24, 2017
Sorry, only know I got these in Japan when I went in 1996 and they have been sitting ever since.

I have 91 cards.

I need a few more posts before I can post the links to the pictures.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Oct 24, 2017
Nah, Johto (neo Genesis) didn't come out until 1999 in Japan

These also came out around the same time as "Expansion pack" (Jap. Base Set) so it might be these he means, I honestly can't tell until I see a pic or get a description tho

they do not look like these

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Oct 24, 2017
Welcome to PC sjones! First, as Brendino stated, information about what you found, and or pictures, would help a lot.

If you're looking for a solid way to price checks, normally the best way is searching on ebay that exact card in sold listings. There you can find a better idea how much any card is worth.
But if you add some pictures I could help figure out rough estimates for you. (:

I looked and could not find any info, that is why I am here :)

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Yeah it seems most of those cards are Base Set through some stoppage in 2nd generation. Any notable holos in that stack?

Back