• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Get-Together Pixel Art Event! (Results)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
GetTogetherLogo.png
Pixel Art (Results)

Here are the results to the pixel art competition enjoy~

3rd place
Original Post

2zpl01d.png

By Hackmew

2nd place
cherubiautumn.png

By Vesper

1st place

Original Post

leaf.png

ReyЯeч-Pчoи

Thanks for everybody who entered and to all the winners
And thanks to all the hosts and supervisors who made this all possible:
Me, Kenji, Santaria, Alice., and Fox

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Oh geez, this has me angry over all the people who woudn't get the difference, Yet, I didn't get anywhere. D:<
Anyway, congrats you guys, is there a way I could be a host or judge next year? :/

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
dkfuhskfjshdkfjhd
gwahplz.png
!!

/hops on stage
/turns to the auidience
I never expected to win first
this is all so sudden :'D /breath /breath
Well...I uhm...I haven't even prepared a speech ...

/pause

Well I...uhm :'>
I'd like to thank my malmi
and my papa...and

All of the little people /sniff :'D
because if it we're for them
I would have never made it this far
THANK YOU :D
/breath
/exaggerated bow
/entire world stops just to shoot Rey
/wtf am i on?
/shut up i feel special D:<

oh yeah congrats to the other people too >u>

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Ew. I don't even know what that second place one is. ¬_¬ How that placed at all is beyond me. .

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Ew. I don't even know what that second place one is. ¬_¬ How that placed at all is beyond me. .
Then you're blind and/or can't see the style and detail of pixel art used. -_- They chose it because the judges can probably see its detail, the effort, style, etc. That's why they chose the other entries as well. And it's a Cherubi, by the way. -_-"

Anyway, yay, I won second place.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Oh, no, I can tell what it is now that I've gotten a closer look. No worries about that. But it's still hideously done.​

Lily!

moved
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2010
Oh, no, I can tell what it is now that I've gotten a closer look. No worries about that. But it's still hideously done.​

There is no need for your abrupt opinion. Surely you could have used some common sense unless you purposely wanted to sound blunt. I spy hypocrisy. ;)

Anyway, congrats to the winners. Each one did wonderfully on their entries.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I don't quite get how stating my opinion is hypocritical, but whatever floats your boat, hunny.​

Years
It's not so much as it is stating your opinion than it is being outright rude and insulting. >_> It's better to have some sort of tact when you have a negative opinion about an entry, don't just go into a results thread and say "Oh how the heck did THIS place? Ew." because not only is that insulting the integrity of the judges, but it can actually insult and hurt the person who made the piece. There are styles with more of an acquired taste, so if you don't like the look of one style because you think it doesn't look nice, then that's your opinion, there are other people who appreciate the subtleness of it and can see the appeal of its approach. Anyway, let's not turn this into a debate thread, this is a results thread.

But congrats to those who placed! In all honesty I haven't really viewed many pixel art contests during the recent months and I'm happy to see outcome of this one. :D

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I love how you only get on me about this:

Alice. said:
I can say the same thing about yours.

Siggy said:
It's better to have some sort of tact when you have a negative opinion about an entry, don't just go into a results thread and say "Oh how the heck did THIS place? Ew." because not only is that insulting the integrity of the judges, but it can actually insult and hurt the person who made the piece.

Can you say 'double standard'?

Years
And you're bringing that up...why? Personally I can't say I think much about that comment, because it seemed like pure satire towards the fact that you so abruptly expressed your negative opinion in the first place, blatantly disregarding the feelings of everybody else in this thread just so you can express your own disgruntled reaction over an entry, and the fact that you're pointing that out when you're clearly being talked to about doing the same thing makes it a very needless cycle.

Do not push this matter further in this thread, I'm sure nobody would rather see any more fuss that's irrelevant to the actual results.

Lily!

moved
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2010
I don't quite get how stating my opinion is hypocritical, but whatever floats your boat, hunny.​

I never said that. :)
I also fail to understand why people use unnecesarry nouns such as "hunny" to proceed their sentences with. I think it's wierd, but whatever floats your boat. ;)

Okay, bye!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Jealous Much?

C'mon you shouldn't be complaining here, this is a thread to congratulate the winners and all you seem to be doing is complaining why you didn't win.
If you would stop complaining that would be fine and dandy so may you please shut your trap~
kthnxbye

paramnsiia

PokeNerd.
Years
Oh~! Great job, winners! (But, of course I won't forget everyone else who participated!) I love the detail in them all. :cer_love:

Back