• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
As it has already been said, Trainer Class sounds sort of fun. Mashup Challenge has already been talked over (and I have done it: Nuzlocke, unevolved, Brown Colored challenge on Ruby). I think the exp one is meh. Seems just like another basic editing of what Pokemon you can use. Theme challenge sounds really easy to me, because you can have such a variety of Pokemon by barely changing yoru word.

Happy Birthday Chaos!!!

Oh yeah, and I haven't checked to see if it got through yet, but I remade the Scramble. So yeah.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There is already a Contest/Pokethlon challenge, however it hasn't been updated to include Musicals. I guess either the person running it could update the first post and I could edit the thread title, but if that doesn't happen, I don't see a problem with someone making a specific BW challenge for musicals.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
The Ribbon thing seems pretty...pointless, imo. In Emerald you'd have to beat more than half the game to be able to start, R/S, you'd have to wait until you're at the half point mark, in every other game with ribbons you'd be halfway done with everything. So, that's just my thought on it. >.>"
Oh, and happy birthday Chaos! c:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
EVERYONE (INCLUDING CI&D) WISHES CHAOS A HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!
Oops, sorry guys. My Caps was on.
Anyways, Syd, seems like my DS can run alright. This means that I can get Platnum, HG and SS on the Pick Up & Play Challenge.

However, my SS got wiped clean while it was taking a bath (when I fell into the pool). That means my Nuzlocke got deleted. -_-'

Also, seems like the water cleaned my DS's unworking buttons, namely L and R. This means I can get back to PMD, so I'll add that to the list.

The only crappy thing is that the screen and backlight act and look weird. And it sometimes gets an error when opening games. But it will wear off in time...

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
However, my SS got wiped clean while it was taking a bath (when I fell into the pool). That means my Nuzlocke got deleted. -_-'

Also, seems like the water cleaned my DS's unworking buttons, namely L and R. This means I can get back to PMD, so I'll add that to the list.
I spilt some bubble liquid on my DS when I was doing the Fire Monotype Challenge. I paniced but my DS is totally fine now.
There is already a Contest/Pokethlon challenge, however it hasn't been updated to include Musicals. I guess either the person running it could update the first post and I could edit the thread title, but if that doesn't happen, I don't see a problem with someone making a specific BW challenge for musicals.

I'll update the Contest/Pokeathlon Challenge first post since I made it.

CHALLENGE IDEA!
What about the Nature Challenge? You can only use Pokemon of a certain nature. Could add the 'Only catch thefirst Pokemon you see in a area' rule to make it more challenging.

CHALLENGE IDEA 2!
What about the Level Challenge? You can only use Pokemon of a level range in a Gym Battle EG: multiples of 5, between LV19 and LV21,etc. Could be randomized. New restrictions for each Gym Battle.

Seems like I'm on the make the word Challenge bold bandwagon now.

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
New idea - pokemon rainbow challenge!

Each pokemon on the team has to be a different colour - red, orange/yellow, green, blue, purple, black/white/grey/brown/pink.

Red coloured pokemon can't be fire type.
Yellow can't be electric.
Green can't be grass.
Blue can't be water (difficult :>).
Purple can't be poison.
Pink can't be psychic.
Brown can't be ground.
Grey can't be rock or steel.

Optional: Can't use the colour of your game (diamond - grey, pearl - white, platinum - grey).

It might work. I'd do it.

Example:
:t047:
:t038:
:t114:
:t054:
:t123:
:t121:

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Happy Birthday Chaos!!! Don't know if I wished you yet. If i did, then you get two birthday wishes from me.

Nature Challenge idea: blah. Still circling around the same old "slight restriction on a team" idea. And this seems even easier to me, because I usually don't bother about natures, and my teams always turn out just fine, so if i do worry about my natures, I can just pick a good nature out and be done with it. Plus, I get to use all my favorite Pokemon. Again, I disapprove of this challenge.

Level Challenge: Doesn't seem hard at all. There wouldn't be a ridiculous level challenge, like "beat claire with Pokemon that are at between 15 and 20." and you can again, use any Pokemon you want, so again, doesn't seem like a challenge to me.

Rainbow Challenge: I think we're getting there. I do like the "no fire for red" restrictions, but don't really like the game color restrictions. Closer to a winner, but still meh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
A nature challenge seems way too difficult since you can't know what nature something is when you catch it. You'd have to like...catch everything you see and just go with whatever Pokemon matches the nature you chose. And for your starter, you'd have to SR for that certain nature you want. Sounds horrendous, and I would never bother. :(

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Thanks every and thread title I thank everyone.... Now that my Birthdat WWeekend is over time to continue my challenges.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This has nothing to do with challenges, but I just wanna say that Chaos' typo of birthday reminded me of the day before Christmas Eve. I was drugged up on medication cause I had just gotten my wisdom teeth taken out and I was typing something to someone and I was like "HAPY BRITHAT JESUS!!!11!!!111" and yeah.

I was not happy to find out that I was a day off.

Also, I had FireRed for the PUAP challenge today and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The music drove me insane. I muted that crap, dood. lol But I got more stuff done on FireRed than I did in Diamond. Gosh.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
What about the NonMonotype Challenge? (Sorry about the name, I couldn't think of anything good)
This is the opposite of a Monotype. For example, if you did a Fire Non Monotype, you can NOT use Fire types. You can also do more than on type eg for a FireWaterGrass Non Monotype you cannot use Fire,Water or Grass types.
I know it sounds meh-ish.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
What about the NonMonotype Challenge? (Sorry about the name, I couldn't think of anything good)
This is the opposite of a Monotype. For example, if you did a Fire Non Monotype, you can NOT use Fire types. You can also do more than on type eg for a FireWaterGrass Non Monotype you cannot use Fire,Water or Grass types.
I know it sounds meh-ish.

I think that would work well as a additional rule in a challenge, but it isn't enough to stand alone, imo. Because if you just leave it at that, it's just like a relaxed version of a monotype.

Also, I forgot to mention, with my trainer class challenge, you would play through it like that character would, so, just for example you're a cave explorer, instead of just grinding anywhere, you'd do all your grinding in caves, and you'd thoroughly explore them. If you were a gardener, you'd use berries instead of other items, and if you were in hg/ss, you'd collect the apricorns everyday. I think for ease, these things would be called restrictions

I am in two minds about it though, it would be awesome if you totally created a class yourself, and you'd be able to make it as easy or as hard as you like, but if you had someone else impose restrictions it could be more exciting/ harder/ something you wouldn't usually do. I suppose if this does come to fruition, when signing up, the person could specify if they wanted another person to come up with restrictions.

I suppose it could be used as a kind of role play. I've always been jealous of the other trainers, how they can specialize, and I think it would be awesome if you could become a proper pokemon breeder in the game, or something like that, but I think this would the closest we'd get to that.

People could really get detailed too if they want, they could decide that the trainer class might not be into breeding ( for example, trainer class macho man) so they wouldn't breed.

I want to test it out, but I can only find my heartgold atm, and I don't want to lose my good pokes...

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
I imagine the trainer class challenge could be pretty fun, if you have the patience for it - but it would be difficult to measure if someone had won it.
Hm, the creativity never stops - I have another idea (bear with me here):
OK:

1 - When a pokemon in your party tries to learn a new move, you may catch or acquire the next pokemon you see.
2 - After you earn a badge, you may catch the next pokemon you see that shares a type with that gym.
Otherwise, you may not catch or acquire new pokemon in any way.
3 - Only pokemon that are at the same level as the leader's weakest pokemon can take on a gym.
4 - If you white out outside of a gym, you have failed the challenge. Gyms get 2 tries - if you white out twice, you have failed the challenge.
5 - E4 functions the same as a gym, but the Champion counts as the leader.
I have no idea what to call it. The Strategy Challenge? Because you have to know how to use random caught pokemon to their greatest situational potential... I honestly don't know.
But it's on my (long) list of challenges to try.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I think we once had Trainer Class.
As for the UnMonotype, we'd need at least 5 types to not use. One would be too easy.
Just my cents, once again. I am way too busy. v_v

Dunsparce, that's a myrrhmanish challenge you got there. We just need people to understand this, and it might be awesome. I understood it, and I am eager to play.

Also, Strategy Challenge sounds alright.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's sad that the most creative challenges are the ones that typically get ignored for lack of understanding. But then, you have to understand the fine line between the creative ones that are hard to understand and the ones that are just downright confusing. My gosh, the things I have to look at for approval...you would not even bah-leeve.

And yeah, I think the trainer class challenge went and jumped off a cliff or something.

Also, with my PUAP challenge, I'm skipping playing today. I have absolutely no time, lol. Tomorrow I'm picking back up with my Crystal ROM. I think I have a shiny Celebi on there? lolololol Cheater is me. ^______^

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
It's not that complicated, just kind of hard to put concisely. Anyway, the best way to explain something is by example - I'll do a mini-playthrough (up to and just beyond Roxanne on Ruby) like this and post it here (it'll be short enough for 1 post :>). Maybe that'll help - not to mention that I'll see if I like it or not anyway ^^'

@560cool. - Yeah, I actually did think it up with more demanding challengers (=Myrrhman) in mind, just to see if I could.

I'll get back to you guys.

UPDATE:
Whoa, this thing really took off on me - Treecko learned Absorb at lv 6, so I caught the Zigzagoon I saw after that... then the Zigzagoon learned Tail Whip at lv 5, so I got another Zigzagoon (Pickup ftw :>), which then learned Tail Whip at lv 5, but I KO'd the Seedot I saw (:<). Zigzagoon 1 then learned Headbutt at lv 9, which got me a Wurmple. Wurmple then evolved at lv 7 into Silcoon, learning Harden, so I caught the Cascoon I came across. Zigzagoon 2 learned Headbutt at lv 9, and that netted me another Cascoon. Treecko learned Quick Attack at lv 12, so I caught a Taillow and boxed it. Cascoon 1 evolved into Dustox and learned Confusion, so I got a Whismur. Silcoon then evolved into Beautifly and I got a Nincada - then Whismur learned Astonish but I KO'd the Zigzagoon that popped up (already have 2). Nincada (who's pretty cool actually) learned Sand-Attack, so I got myself a Seedot.
Roxanne is still in the far future! Basically, I've ended up with a truckload of pokemon. I admit it's pretty fun but it's also no challenge at all, so something needs to be done to make it more difficult. Dunno what, though.

By the way, I think I'll call it the Chain-Link Challenge.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Also, @chaos - Yes, lower levels are fine too.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
That challenge sounds cool enough for me to add it to my PUAP. :D

And about the rule "3 - Only pokemon that are at the same level as the leader's weakest pokemon can take on a gym." does it have to be the Same Lvl or can it be at a lower lvl (example: I take on Crasher Wake,his lowest lvl is a Gyrados Lvl 33. Am I allowed to use a Lvl30 Luxray and a lvl 29 Roselia)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
EDIT : Got it... now I feel like a noob.
You've got to be a little helpless noob to do this ! xD I remember posting some random help thread on PSPiso, that PSP related forum, on their General Dicussion, while it was about an app. :x
Those n008 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back