• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I'm planning on doing a GSC remake on a Pokémon Emerald rom but I don't know the sprite offsets for the main character backsprites does anyone know the offsets for them?

peirau

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
AdvanceMap Offset Automaticly Changes...

Okay, first of all I compiled a script using XSE.
I copied the offset which is: 80000080.
But when I put the Script Offset on a Person in AdvanceMap it automaticly changes to 00000080 -_-....
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay, first of all I compiled a script using XSE.
I copied the offset which is: 80000080.
But when I put the Script Offset on a Person in AdvanceMap it automaticly changes to 00000080 -_-....
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks.
It's because it's right offset :D
You've typed that offset wrong. :D
Offset must be 800000 it must have 6 number otherwise it'd be interpreted as converted offset... don't care about it :D Just use offsets with 6 numbers .D

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
grass , trees and palets

hi :D
1. plz dont close topic / dont ban me / move topic if this section is wrong
2. i only asking about this for my OWN , i wanna play fire red looking better
3. sorry for my bad english
how can i make grass , trees and palets in fire red like shiny gold ?

left fire red , right shiny gold

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
Are there any Pokemon Movie based hacked ROMs?

Are there any ROMs that are based off of any of the Pokemon movies?

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
How do I fix the tools i have so i can use them? like, everytime i try to use AdvMart, PA, and Advanced Text, they dont work and I get a popup saying "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" For AdvMart, the fiel is 'COMCTL32.OCX'.

Last edited by a moderator:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How do I fix the tools i have so i can use them? like, everytime i try to use AdvMart, PA, and Advanced Text, they dont work and I get a popup saying "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" For AdvMart, the fiel is 'COMCTL32.OCX'.

Download COMCTL32.OCX through Google. Put it on the same folder where your tools are, or put it in the system32/system folder.

Also, does anyone know where to get a reliable copy of the Pokemon Trading Card Game ROM?

If you had the time to post this question, then please make time to read the rules. Sharing/giving links towards ROMs is not allowed in this forum. Google it.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
All of the trainers that I've added to my hack of Emerald use random items when their pokemon get status ailments. So far I've seen them use Metal Coat, Light Ball, Black Belt, Everstone, and Soul Dew. The message is always "[item] cured [ailment]" even though they have no actual in-battle effect.

I created them with A-trainer but double-checked with a hex editor and can't find the problem. Help?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
All of the trainers that I've added to my hack of Emerald use random items when their pokemon get status ailments. So far I've seen them use Metal Coat, Light Ball, Black Belt, Everstone, and Soul Dew. The message is always "[item] cured [ailment]" even though they have no actual in-battle effect.

I created them with A-trainer but double-checked with a hex editor and can't find the problem. Help?
Maybe Emerald isn't on good terms with A-Trainer?
I've seen lots of options that Emerald might not be compatible with some tools...

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Does anyone know if there is a more efficient way of ripping tiles from a GBC rom than using VBA? IF someone could help me by giving a quick description or anything it owuld be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2011
Question: Anyone knows how to hack pokemon names in GBA roms...and any good program

hi,i'm new to the pokecommunity.....forum, fistly sorry for my english isn't as good as yours.... 2ndly... I'm trying to make a hacked ruby version and i don't know.... how to change the old pokemon names to give names to the new pokemons that i've added into rom.... thanx for your patience and your answers
:)

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2011
HOW TO HACK PKMN NAMES....GBA ROM

hi.....i'm new to pokecommunity.... i'm trying to hack GBA roms.... like Leafgreen and ruby... but.... i've made ....a few changes like new pokemons...additions in maps etc..... with a variety of tools i found... but.... i don't know how to change previous pokemon name...to a new one.... for my new sprite..... any suggestions of programs that can change names of pokemons in-battle or in-pokedex or... both? ..... GBA roms only :) thanx in advance

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hi.....i'm new to pokecommunity.... i'm trying to hack GBA roms.... like Leafgreen and ruby... but.... i've made ....a few changes like new pokemons...additions in maps etc..... with a variety of tools i found... but.... i don't know how to change previous pokemon name...to a new one.... for my new sprite..... any suggestions of programs that can change names of pokemons in-battle or in-pokedex or... both? ..... GBA roms only :) thanx in advance
From what I've decrypted (xD) I suppose you want to change e.g. Bulbasaur to Greenland. Well there's nothing easier :D
Download and use YAPE 0.9. You can download it from thread here.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I dunno how "simple" this would be, but I'm looking to decompile special commands, to ASM.
I know it's been done before by JPAN and others, but I'd like to know how as well, so I can learn from it, I've been trying to pick up ASM, and I think it would help.

Any ideas, methods?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I dunno how "simple" this would be, but I'm looking to decompile special commands, to ASM.
I know it's been done before by JPAN and others, but I'd like to know how as well, so I can learn from it, I've been trying to pick up ASM, and I think it would help.

Any ideas, methods?

Using a debugger, put a breakpoint on a script with a 'special' command and then follow the routines until you find the address of the 'special' table. It should be pretty apparent when you see it.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Using a debugger, put a breakpoint on a script with a 'special' command and then follow the routines until you find the address of the 'special' table. It should be pretty apparent when you see it.

I'm not too awesome with debuggers... I've got no$gba debug mode, but where would I put that breakpoint? Where in the RAM is the currently executing script held? It's these kind of questions that leave me kinda blank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back