• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2012
From what i have seen this hack is quite amazing. I can't for some reason, get pasted the begining screens. After i press enter to get out of the title screen, it goes straight to the tutorial for the buttons. I press "A" once and then it goes to a HELP screen where it explains the L and R buttons for FR and LG. The problem is that i can't get passed that point. Can anyone help me out here?

From what i have seen on youtube, the music sounds great and the mapping is amazing.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
about the music it is but since it cannot go through the proper channels then its audio quality will be really sucky and you can hear cracks and pops throught it also what music is used in the fight with carlos at the elite 4

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Zel, If you don't want to Add an HM/TM for Whirlpool, then an unlimited move tutor in Mahogany (unlocked after the Lance Event) is a possibility, no?

As for the killing PC, you could add in a tiny event before that, forcing the player to "try out" a PC. Like someone in Azalea PokeCenter giving you a tutorial/intro for a PC.

Just suggestions, of course...

~ARCHER~

Most likely it'll end up as an HM so, I guess there's no more need to discuss about that. And, about the PC, yes, healing is not the problem, and I guess I'll have to stick with a simple healing thing and that's it (I'll try to see what each command on Nurse Joy's script does, that, when the bug fixing begins)

Zel, i have an idea,

Maby you can put the region Fiore into the game for beta 7.
(Fiore from the game pokemon ranger)
It has not to many routes and city's

No, there's already a third semi-region (not really a regions, just two islands), so there's no more space or ideas for other regions.

does the Trick House finish all tricks because right now he says hes thinking of more tricks
and in the he said the 7th from beating him or something like that

The last trick is the one with the Mimic trainers. If you have done that, then that's as far as you'll get in the Beta5, but there'll be more on the next Betas, that's why the guy says he needs to think more.

@ Zel:I found the entei with the berry in the route left of Violet City.
This was before the evennt.
When doing the bug-fix, you really should check the scripts.

I'll check it, but, I doubt I'll find something strange there (to those who want to test, please check that part deeply... That goes to my Beta testers as well ;P)

I found a rom hacking wiki that features Shiny Gold. http://datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Shiny_Gold

I knew about that since a lot of time ago. I really never payed it too much attention. It basically has the same I have here.

how come my brother,when he beats trainers,theres the ''beating the gym leader' song
like when he beats trainers,it sounds like he beated a gym leader
idk maybe because he beated the elite four too many times(it happened when he beated the elitefour)
I'll put a screenshot if it happens to me

edit:he reset the vba it and it works fine now -_-

That is because someone lost in one of the key battles (I think Carlos or the rockets cause the problem), and something happens there, I think. I knew from the beginning that the changing BGMs would cause me make some mistakes, so we have to spot where they are.

And, as you said, after reloading the game it's fixed, as the variables are cleared.

Just one thing I noticed: if you go to Route 14 from Route 15, the cut tree that blocks the path to the Phychic trainer on Route 15 isn't there. However, if you go to Route 14 from 13, it is there... I guess it's nothing big, though.

I think I have taken care of that in a little fixing I did recently, but thanks anyway.

Legends I think will appear and how:
Rayquaza:
Dragon's Den Tells it all.
(I love how he's going to do the Rayquaza event)
Lugia:
Same as Gold(old guy in Pewter and stuff).
Mewtwo and Mew:
There is a rock at where was supposed to be the Unknown Dungeon and another at Rock Tunnel(spell?)
Deoxys:
Still thinking about this one... but I'm sure its going to be in-game.

PS: I've tried it all to do the Jirachi event... just one thing... are the "Week Brothers" related to it? I'm trying to find them...

about those of the legends, of course, all of the three generations will be. But that doesnt mean they'll all be on the next Beta (I said a while back that you'll only interact with four of them, and not exactly catch all of them... But... From your list, you have two right, and one is obviously Lugia)

About the Jirachi, there's no other event related to it. You just need to meet the requirments, and that's it.

Humm, I got a bug. I got to Cherrygrove, talked to the old guy and got the map, then I entered the pokecenter and healed my cyndaquil. When I left the pokecenter the game crashed, the screen went black (I'm playing it on my DS with my Supercard SD) and it started making weird noises.

I tried it again and same thing happened.

It's obviously something that occured at the process of having the game on the DS, as the game behaves properly as a rom on the emu (unless it's a bad patching story) I cannot be of help to you, sorry.

From what i have seen this hack is quite amazing. I can't for some reason, get pasted the begining screens. After i press enter to get out of the title screen, it goes straight to the tutorial for the buttons. I press "A" once and then it goes to a HELP screen where it explains the L and R buttons for FR and LG. The problem is that i can't get passed that point. Can anyone help me out here?

Just take a quick look at your emulator's Joypad Configuration and you'll fix it by changing the buttons.

what music is used in the fight with carlos at the elite 4

I dont exactly remember what's it called, but it's from the last battle at FF9 (remember that I'm a FF fan XD)

Just to let you know,the tourist center,progress report etc. on the first page are now saying that you exceeded the bandwith limit.Better go to imageshack!

I'll check it out, thanks for reporting it! (Maybe it's already fixed... let's see...)

Oh, by the way, I'm trying to fix some of my mapping, so I'm changing some houses, fixing some tiles (not too much >.<), and then I'll start with Viridian. Though the last days I've been more playing the last released hacks, so I haven't progressed as much as you could expect (oh well, it's the thing of being a rom hacker and a gamer at the same time :P), but I just have to finish Prism and I'll retake the work. That's all I had!

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
if it hasnt been noticed it should be easily noticable when you go to cherrygrove and then go back your rival will be there also i noticed trainers that have the same sprites as the main character other than at the trick house and copycat, so what is that for also what exacty are the two islands and whats with the ghosts.

Hope that is not too many questions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2008
Well i love this game *ive only played it a bit* ive had a problem though, i play this game on my ipod and im having a problem where i press the start button and it crashes, i dont know if its a faulty fire red rom, a problem with the emulator, or a bad bios. Have any of you guys had this problem before?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Well i love this game *ive only played it a bit* ive had a problem though, i play this game on my ipod and im having a problem where i press the start button and it crashes, i dont know if its a faulty fire red rom, a problem with the emulator, or a bad bios. Have any of you guys had this problem before?

I'm having the exact same problem so I'm just playing beta 4 on my iPod for now so I guess thats all we can do

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2008
sweet, thanks for replying. i thought it was just a problem on my end. im gonna go play beta 4 :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021

From what i have seen on youtube, the music sounds great and the mapping is amazing.

Did you use the actual "a" button,
here's the keys:
A=L
S=R
Z=A
X=B
ENTER/RETURN=START
BACKSPACE=SELECT

when u start ur game,
go to option->help->LR

FR and LG only
hope i cleared it up for u.

grandpokemonmaster

!!Arceus God Parnter Trainer!!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
I really like the hack Zel! Good job and keep working! I really can't wait for the next beta! I'm guessing Beta6 won't be out until summer break from school and beta7 will be out during the winter while in school again, maybe next year! Anyways good work!

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
I sure hope it comes out sooner, this has to be the best hack ever made. (In my opinion) Glad to see that hes progressing really fast. It looks like hes making this hack really quickly. Anyways good job Zel.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Someone asked about the dex list. I've made one.
Can someone teach me how to upload, so everyone can have it?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Don't worry G.Boss, I'l take care of that...

Done! The Shiny Gold (Beta5) Pokedex has been uploaded and the link to the download site is at the first post, on the Tourist Center section with all the other guides for the game.

gunit9

Blue Version Master
Years
good! u are really good at scripting, and i am pleased to see that the fly and map problem is fixed. this is a good game, and i hope to see more! tiling is somewhat of a strength of mine, maybe a remake of yellow version would be appealing to a lot of people. The Pikachu following u around, the chance to get all three starters, i believe that would and should be your next "project" after shinygold, (with all due respect to your time, lol)
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Back