• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 2, 2014
My first shiny was a level 16 Rosella back in Pokemon Diamond, I was like 'huh this looks cool' so I caught it and evolved it into a Rosellia. But yeah another would be the shiny gyarados in SS/HG, and finally just now a shiny PatRat -.-

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I had a random encounter with a shiny Kriketune in Pearl. Since I was 8, I didn't understand the concept of shinies and how rare they are and eventually deleted my save file.

The only other shinies I've received are ones that are practically handed to you. Red Gyardos, shiny Dratini (I have White 2), and shiny Haxorus. And the event shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
Years
My first shiny was a zubat on emerald but my first real shiny was of course the red garadose in the lake of rage.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
My first shiny was Clyde the shiny Gligar in Pokemon Gold, who I found completely by accident. Later, I uses Pokegen to put him and a couple other Pokemon from Gold on my Pearl Version. That way, even if the battery ran out on Gold, I'd still have Clyde.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
My first shiny was a Poochyena on an Emerald emulator. I was happy, even though I didn't much care for the coloring of shiny Mightyena.

Years
My first shiny encounter was a shiny Geodude in FireRed.... It killed itself before I had chance to catch it. My first shiny capture was a goldeen in Heart Gold

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
My first shiny was a red-striped Basculin back in Black 2. I was EV training some of my Pokemon when it popped up in front of me. Shortly after I caught it, I nicknamed it "Initia" (deprived from Initial) as a commemoration of my first shiny.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
My first legit shiny was a Lilpup (SP?) in Black or Black 2. I literally spazzed out when I caught it because it was my first shiny I had ever seen without hacks. XD However, after that, I never encountered anymore, sadly. :[

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
The first and only shiny I caught myself was a shiny Lotad in Sapphire. It's still on my game, actually. I need to move it off, but I fear I have nicknamed it so I want to restore it to normal.

Years
My first shiny was either a Noctowl or a Flaaffy in Gold or Silver. I found them both on the same route, the one below the lake with Red Gyarados, but at different times and maybe even different games (I had Gold, Silver and Crystal so I don't remember which game it was). I was particularly proud of the Noctowl because Ash also had a shiny Noctowl in the anime. Lol.

I never actually used either of them though, and they passed away a few years ago when the batteries of my Gold cartridge died... Sad times. So many treasured memories on that save file, and now they are just... memories. :( More than 300 hours of playtime... I get sad whenever I think about it, lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
My first was a shiny Amoongus on White 2 on the route you catch Terrakion on.
Ive played since pokemon ruby and saphire for a long time and it took me that long to find one ;-;.

Years
My first shiny ever was a zubat, my brother thought I was crazy and it was normal color. I showed him. First Crobat I trained just because it was shiny, I don't recall what game it was in. I around the same time hatched a shiny magby without realizing it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
I was playing pokemon Blaze black just training my Walrein and suddenly, a double battle against a Luxio and a Shiny Cinccino happened.
Needless to say I flung my master ball at the little guy and I still have it from that day on.
IMG_0326[1].JPG

Chibiterasu

내가 다시 왔네
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 17, 2020
I first got a shiny Ralts in Emerald, then a Liepard in White 2, a mareep in Crystal, and lastly a budew in Platinum. Roserade just happens to be my favorite grass type.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
My first ever shiny was a Smoochum. It was the Pokemon that hatched from the egg the Day Care Man gives you in Pokemon Crystal. It was pink instead of purple. I kept it on my team and evolved it into a Jynx, which had a pink dress instead of a red one. Not the best shiny...you could barely tell it was differently colored at first glance. But still, that sparkly sound never gets old :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2019
I've been playing Pokemon for a long time. From Red through Silver, Ruby, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, White and White 2, but only now that I have made it to Y did I encounter my first shiny. And it was an awesome one. In a friends Safari (ghost type) I came across a shiny Spiritomb :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
Just found my first shiny, an Aipom. :) I was about to lose my mind because I couldn't find it in my pc, not knowing that they appear as regular color in the pc box. :c

Back