• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Rom:Fire red
Im using XSE
and i have a script that doesnt't work
and my script is a person event

Spoiler:

In my map there is a hidden signpost tile where you can get a fluffytail, but when i have it and i talk to here i dosent go to the part of the script where she thanks me.
any help is appreciated.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
I don't have a script to show but i need help on a command.

is there a warp command that can warp me to a place on a map that dosen't have a warp.

According to XSE,
Spoiler:

Which I know doesn't explain everthing, so to warp to a specific coordinate:
Code:
warp [I]Bank# Map[/I]# [B]0xFF [/B][I]XCoord YCoord[/I]
so for example:
Code:
warp 1 37 0xFF 0xA 0x9

This should work.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
According to XSE,
Spoiler:

Which I know doesn't explain everthing, so to warp to a specific coordinate:
Code:
warp [I]Bank# Map[/I]# [B]0xFF [/B][I]XCoord YCoord[/I]
so for example:
Code:
warp 1 37 0xFF 0xA 0x9

This should work.

sweet thanks i can now finally finish my script

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I was just wandering,but what kind of script would it take to have something follow you around the whole game...i.e Pikachu following Ash,is it mapscripts or something?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I was just wandering,but what kind of script would it take to have something follow you around the whole game...i.e Pikachu following Ash,is it mapscripts or something?

You could try to edit the charectar OW sprite to make it longer then insert a pikachu in it,i.e. you you take a left step, when you edit it is shows a pikachu and you charectar sprite following

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Hey jebees, here's your problem:
Code:
[B]checkflag[/B] 0x1020
if 0x1 goto @end
[B]setflag[/B] 0x1020
Assuming flag 0x1020 is off before this script executes, she will only thank you after this script has run and flag 0x1020 has found to be false. So if you have the fluffy tail and talk to her, she won't say it. But talk to her again, and I bet she will.

I don't know what everybody's obsession with lock,faceplayer,message 6, and release is, but you usually don't need it. Just use
Code:
msgbox @ptr MSG_FACE
Then you don't need that other crap and you don't need a release either.

I can fix your script entirely if you want, but I'm going to need to know what flags 0x1019 and 0x1020 indicate, in detail.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years

The only way for that to be possible is to create a script on every tile for every map. So far, nobody has found an efficent way to re-make the yellow version deal...

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Yo.
I have this script that works up to the warp and when it warps the screen goes white and freezes my rom :|

Spoiler:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Yo.
I have this script that works up to the warp and when it warps the screen goes white and freezes my rom :|

Spoiler:

Xatoku: Try moving the releaseall above the warp in your script. What lockall does is to lock all the sprites on the map from moving, which I'm sure you know. Release all releases them. But by the time you call releaseall, you are on a different map, without those sprites. It's my guess the game doesn't like this and that's why it's freezing. Let me know what happens as I am interested to know if that fixes it.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Xatoku: Try moving the releaseall above the warp in your script. What lockall does is to lock all the sprites on the map from moving, which I'm sure you know. Release all releases them. But by the time you call releaseall, you are on a different map, without those sprites. It's my guess the game doesn't like this and that's why it's freezing. Let me know what happens as I am interested to know if that fixes it.

Sadly nothing changed, I don't know what happened because it was working before but I had to change around some warps but i made sure everything would flow yet it's not flowing lol.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Script es muy buggy

Alright, I've made a new map, figured out how to edit tiles, and I'm making progress ^_^

But somehow... my scripts still are buggy >_<
This script below is for Ruby version, and Is supposed to display an opening message, ask if i want a pokemon, and either display the no message or give me a pokemon and let me leave. However, it lets me see the opening message, lets me choose yes or no, but no matter what i press, it releases all the sprites but doesn't let me close the textbox, unless I go up to him again and repeat the process...

What's wrong with it?
Spoiler:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Sadly nothing changed, I don't know what happened because it was working before but I had to change around some warps but i made sure everything would flow yet it's not flowing lol.

Awwww, that sucks. Sorry, I was pretty sure that was going to work, but I guess not. I didn't see anything else wrong with your script. Good luck with it, though.

Alright, I've made a new map, figured out how to edit tiles, and I'm making progress ^_^

But somehow... my scripts still are buggy >_<
This script below is for Ruby version, and Is supposed to display an opening message, ask if i want a pokemon, and either display the no message or give me a pokemon and let me leave. However, it lets me see the opening message, lets me choose yes or no, but no matter what i press, it releases all the sprites but doesn't let me close the textbox, unless I go up to him again and repeat the process...

What's wrong with it?

PlatniumPiano: You have a couple structures wrong in here. I'll tell you what's wrong in the first spoiler, and how to fix it in the second.

Spoiler:

Fixed version. Changes in bold.

Spoiler:

If you have any questions just ask. Let me know how it works out for you.

~Raycrow

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
yes/no

I have a problm with tihs yes/no script. It all goes well untill the yes/no box. When i choose yes it say "you pressed YES!" But when i press no it also says "you pressed YES!"

Here's the script.

#dynamic 0x800160

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @tutorial 0x5
if 0x1 goto @no
msgbox @pressyes 0x6
release
end

#org @tutorial
= Yes or no?

#org @no
msgbox @pressno 0x6
release
end

#org @pressyes
= You pressed YES!

#org @pressno
= You pressed NO!

Anything of help is much appreciated.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a problm with tihs yes/no script. It all goes well untill the yes/no box. When i choose yes it say "you pressed YES!" But when i press no it also says "you pressed YES!"

Here's the script.

Spoiler:

Anything of help is much appreciated.

Here's the fixed script, changes are in bold. You missed the compare and the if was wrong. Also, please read the rules.

if 0x1 = if B_TRUE
if 0x0 = if B_FALSE

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
yes/no

Your script won't compile. I get this error

error13 "Type mismatch" on line 7.
no #define

Any ideas how that is?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Your script won't compile. I get this error

error13 "Type mismatch" on line 7.
no #define

Any ideas how that is?

Yes. LASTRESULT is not defined. Now, since LASTRESULT is in the std.rbh file, which is included automatically when compiling, it means you don't have that file in the folder where XSE is. The solution? Just make sure to extract all the files from the XSE zipped archive.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
givepokemon

Thx for the help on the last script. It finally worked. But u have a new problem with the next givepokemon script. The person who i'm talking ot doesn't face me and the script should give me an eevee (133) but it gives me a breloom (307). What do you think?

Here's the script.

Spoiler:

Thx in advance. BTW how do you put something in a spoiler thing like you did?

Last edited by a moderator:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thx for the help on the last script. It finally worked. But u have a new problem with the next givepokemon script. The person who i'm talking ot doesn't face me and the script should give me an eevee (133) but it gives me a breloom (307). What do you think?

Here's the script.

Spoiler:

Thx in advance. BTW how do you put something in a spoiler thing like you did?

to put spoiler tags, just use these codes...
HTML:
[SPOILER]Message Here...[/SPOILER]

Also, for an NPC to face you if you talk to them, use the code
Code:
faceplayer
on your script...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
givepokemon

Yh thought that had to be added but it wasn't in the tutorial. Wasn't sure where to place it anyway. Any idea on the pokemon problem that i get a breloom instead of an eevee. Though i did use 133 which is for eevee.

adjusted script.

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yh thought that had to be added but it wasn't in the tutorial. Wasn't sure where to place it anyway. Any idea on the pokemon problem that i get a breloom instead of an eevee. Though i did use 133 which is for eevee.

you are confusing yourself with both hex and decimal numbers...
if you don't know the hex number of eevee, you could just simply put 133 instead of 0x133...

replace 0x133 to 0x85 for Eevee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back