• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Who's In Your Party?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Just wanted to make a thread to highlight our pokemon, you can either talk about your party pokemon, or just specific pokemon you're raising now.
What has the journey been so far, what's the end goal for that pokemon, evolution moveset-wise items etc.

For me I want to talk about my latest challenge, so playing a rom hack or just any emulator really, there's a lot of tools and options available.
I like to take advantage of that, to make the pokemon I want the most.

There's a lot we could change or customize but if we change everything then the game almost doesn't matter, so I like to keep things as true to the series as possible.

Example if I give a pokemon a move they don't naturally get in game, it has to be one they had access to in a different game/gen or one that absolutely makes sense for them to learn.

Like I gave my croagunk the move arm thrust, which he totally should have since he spent the entirety of the show smacking ash around.

But today I'm talking about a different mon.

I was playing blaze black the other day and I caught a cleffa with Magic Guard. So I gave her a brave nature,
and I named her Madoka.

I'm not evolving it so I've been trying to find a (mostly) legitimate way to give this thing some power.

Bulbapedia and pokemondb were huge helps in that regard. Correctly ev training it would have been a massive pain, and i wanted her battle ready quick anyway so I just used pokegen to set the evs, and give her life orb.

Now my cleffa has:

Double edge Aromatherapy
Soft-Boiled & Zap cannon

All moves learnable in gen 3, except zap cannon which was a gen 2 tm exclusive.
I would have preferred thunder or thunder-bolt but for some reason those were only learned by the evolved forms.

I wish zap cannon was just a smidge more accurate but I'm pretty happy with the results overall.

Attachments

• cleffa.jpg
    cleffa.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Back