• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Beginner's Guide to Pokémon GO's Ranked Battle System: GO Battle League

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 24, 2021
This article will help players than have not yet tried Pokémon GO's Battle System, and help them with the following:

-Difference between main series and Pokemon GO trainer battles
-Strategies in Battling and Team Building
-Popular Pokemon to start out

Additional Edit:

Pokemon GO PvP is very fun and very strange if you came out from the main series. Pokemon like Altaria, Stunfisk, and Whiscash are actually top Pokemon, Medicham is a bulky Fighting-type, which is the complete opposite in the main series, Deoxys-D is the best Deoxys form, and moves like Counter, Snarl, Bullet Seed, Charm, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Sky Attack are one of the best moves in the game.

The only familiar things: Skarmory and Swampert is great, and the moves Rock Slide, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, and Psychic are great.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That sounds like a good idea! Might be quite a long article if you go in-depth, so that's something to consider there. How long do you intend for the article to be? And will you focus on just the Great battle league, or other ones as well?

Also - will you discuss/link to other useful resources in the article for battling advice? Might be useful.

+1 to the general idea!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I would be all for this. I for one have been trying to get more into the battling side of things and we could always have it posted in the Mobile section as well.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I would be all for this. I for one have been trying to get more into the battling side of things and we could always have it posted in the Mobile section as well.
The comment thread for the article would fit best in that section, no worries there! And in turn it can be used for discussion, further brainstorming, etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 24, 2021
That sounds like a good idea! Might be quite a long article if you go in-depth, so that's something to consider there. How long do you intend for the article to be? And will you focus on just the Great battle league, or other ones as well?

Also - will you discuss/link to other useful resources in the article for battling advice? Might be useful.

+1 to the general idea!

I've started the draft and it's going to be a long one. I have not gone in-depth on the Pokemon, but I've gone somewhat in-depth on Strategies.

Yes, I'm focusing on Great League since it's the best place to start when you are just starting out. I might cover other Leagues if the article shows promise.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've started the draft and it's going to be a long one. I have not gone in-depth on the Pokemon, but I've gone somewhat in-depth on Strategies.

Yes, I'm focusing on Great League since it's the best place to start when you are just starting out. I might cover other Leagues if the article shows promise.
Makes sense. Can consider other leagues as additional articles and stick to Great League for this one, imo.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 24, 2021
Upon checking the schedule for GO Battle League, Ultra League is starting today until May 10th. We could do two things. Either we:

• Remove the Great League Pokemon Suggestion portion and make a separate article for Great League, Ultra League and Master League.
  • Add Ultra League in this article so we can cover more bases, but it might be too long for people to read.

If we do the first one, we can opt to release Ultra League first before Great League.

Back