• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] review on my heartgold randomized type-swap playthrough made-up backlore/info

Years
the team of the region, Team Fable, waaaaaaay in the past, made experiments on every 1st stage wild pokemon in the region, by using some kinda flute/some kind of signal ray to make them come to their hq hideout,

edit at 6:06 pm on 25/5/22 - ''the team of the region, Team Fable, several hundred years ago, made experiments on every 1st stage wild pokemon in the region. By using their specially designed signal ray they made the Pokemon come to their hideout."

edit at 6:31 pm on 5/6/22 - ''the team of the region, Team Fable, several hundred years ago, after the events of legands arceus in the kanto region, made experiments on every pokemon in the region, be it wild or a trainer's pokemon. By using their specially designed signal ray, they made the Pokemon change their typings & overall appearance."

they'd be changing their typings & the moves they use & at what level they evolve at, the abilities too.... even the eggs would be affected (?)..... it's also, somehow irreversible, so they stay like that.......

but the people of the hotojo region had become used to it, by the time airi came around

so when professor mel brought out the starters to airi, that'd be different types & different pokemon from the normal starters....

but team fable have long since disbanded now after Nicole, realized that what they were doing was kinda wrong... & going against nature

the legendaries & mythicals have also somehow been affected..... or maybe not....

edit at 9:48 pm on 25/5/22 - -"The legendaries & Mythicals were able to resist Team Fable's signal ray waves and are unaffected by their experiments."

team fable's ray has a random effect on whatever its pointed at.... & they have a sort of computer thingy at their hq where they are, to first select any pokemon, to send the ray waves there, to change their typings & overall appearance

people tried to stop them, but they couldn't stop them from doing it...

https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Airi's_type-swap_pokedex

i made it up, actually....

what do you think of it? :>

https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Airi_(randomized_type-swap_playthrough)

edit at 9:17 pm on 16/5/22 *answers to post 6* : professor mel was researching anyway out in the field... but she wanted airi to go fill the pokedex, cause she knew she wanted to be a pokemon trainer *3 years ago, when she was 7 *she's 10 now*, she told her that when she grew up, she wanted to be a trainer*

edit at 6:41 pm on 5/6/22: she noticed something different about the wild pokemon & the change with the starter pokemon & people told her about their pokemon & how they changed... she got quite a lot of research done about it...

but she warned airi when she's out there to take caution cause the pokemon started frenzying a bit cause of the type changing & such...... the starters that she has on her in the lab have long since calmed down, though

team Fable disbanded 4 years ago

people were very, very shocked about it at first... i mean, their pokemon's types, be it one type or 2 types, & overall appearance suddenly changed :0

*please do tell me if this isn't where it goes, though*

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
You honestly really need to flesh this out a little more. And if you intend to write this lore as though it's a story, or an article, you need to write it to feel like an article on a wiki page rather than making it be read as a personal post on a forum.

It does have potential, and doesn't seem like a bad idea, it just needs work.

Years
You honestly really need to flesh this out a little more.

👍✊👌

how would i go about that? if i were to :>

And if you intend to write this lore as though it's a story, or an article, you need to write it to feel like an article on a wiki page rather than making it be read as a personal post on a forum.

i did that too, a wiki page, i mean, the links in the op :>

i'm gonna be playing it on heartgold as a type-swap eventually... that's what it's about :>... i got inspired by moxie2d on youtube :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You could get started with Team Fable, if you want to pick something to start developing more. What would make Nicole start the team? What did she invent that would change Pokemon species that much? You say it's some kind of flute. Or some kind of signal ray. Both of those would need a lot of amplification in order to change the Pokemon of an entire region.

To go along with that subject, what do the trainers of the region think of the changed species? How did Professor Mel start researching all these changes? Or is that why Mel made Airi a trainer? It depends on how long it's been since Fable disbanded.

There is potential here! (All those type changes, new movesets, evolution levels...)

Years
You could get started with Team Fable, if you want to pick something to start developing more. What would make Nicole start the team? What did she invent that would change Pokemon species that much? You say it's some kind of flute. Or some kind of signal ray. Both of those would need a lot of amplification in order to change the Pokemon of an entire region.

1. hmmm... i don't know... i guess i'll think about that
2. i think i'll do the signal ray option, maybe

To go along with that subject, what do the trainers of the region think of the changed species?

hmmm... i don't know... i guess i'll think about that too....
although, now that i think about it, i think they were very, very shocked about it... i mean, their pokemon's types, be it one type or 2 types & overall appearance suddenly changed :0

How did Professor Mel start researching all these changes? Or is that why Mel made Airi a trainer?

hmm... i think she was researching anyway out in the field... but she wanted airi to go fill the pokedex, cause she knew she wanted to be a pokemon trainer *3 years ago, when she was 7 *she's 10 now*, she told her that when she grew up, she wanted to be a trainer*
but she warned airi when she's out there to take caution cause the pokemon started frenzying a bit cause of the type changing & such...... the starters that she has on her in the lab have long since calmed down, though
*i made that up just now :> *

It depends on how long it's been since Fable disbanded.

hmmm.... i think about 4 years or so, maybe , i don't know

There is potential here! (All those type changes, new movesets, evolution levels...)

:3

that & possibly new pokedex entries :D

Last edited:
Years

To go along with that subject, what do the trainers of the region think of the changed species? How did Professor Mel start researching all these changes? Or is that why Mel made Airi a trainer? It depends on how long it's been since Fable disbanded.

hi :>

did you see my reply, by chance? :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
hi :>

did you see my reply, by chance? :3
I did. I just wasn't sure how to respond to it because it felt like you were making up the answers right then and there. My questions were more meant for you to think about and take your time with them. Develop them further than just what you told me.

For instance, the answer of Professor Mel researching the Pokemon and why they've changed.

i think she was researching anyway out in the field... but she wanted airi to go fill the pokedex, cause she knew she wanted to be a pokemon trainer
Did Mel see something different about a Pokemon in the field? Notice a change with the starter Pokemon she was raising? How much research has she done in these four years? Or is she just waiting for Airi to become a trainer to send her out for the research?

I also just saw that you said that Team Fable did their experiments several hundred years ago, but only disbanded four years ago. Has no one else in the region tried to stop them? How were they able to run their experiments for that long without anyone figuring it out? Why is this story taking place hundreds of years after the experiments started, when the changed Pokemon would be considered "normal" by now.

& they have a sort of computer thingy at their hq where they are, to first select any pokemon that are wild, to send the ray waves there, to change their typings & overall appearance
So they change one Pokemon in the wild at a time? How do they make sure that their signal rays don't hit another Pokemon that they didn't want to change?

There are still a lot of questions about this idea that can be raised and explored. Try and take some time to think through the answers. Like if Team Fable started their experiments several hundred years ago, why wait until Nicole disbanded the team four years ago. Each answer should continue on with more questions raised and then more answers given.

Years
For instance, the answer of Professor Mel researching the Pokemon and why they've changed.

'' i think she was researching anyway out in the field... but she wanted airi to go fill the pokedex, cause she knew she wanted to be a pokemon trainer ''

Did Mel see something different about a Pokemon in the field? Notice a change with the starter Pokemon she was raising? How much research has she done in these four years? Or is she just waiting for Airi to become a trainer to send her out for the research?

she did notice something different about them in the field & the change with the starter pokemon... i believe that she got quite a lot of research done in that time... i'm not sure how much, but it was a lot :> *i'm trying ^^' *

I also just saw that you said that Team Fable did their experiments several hundred years ago, but only disbanded four years ago. Has no one else in the region tried to stop them? How were they able to run their experiments for that long without anyone figuring it out? Why is this story taking place hundreds of years after the experiments started, when the changed Pokemon would be considered "normal" by now.

i think someone did, but i'm not sure who yet, but i think they couldn't stop them from doing it...

So they change one Pokemon in the wild at a time? How do they make sure that their signal rays don't hit another Pokemon that they didn't want to change?

i changed it to both wild & trainers pokemon... i meant to change it in the main post...
& they didn't want any pokemon unchanged ... although, the box leganderies & mythicals of heartgold probably won't get affected, so there's those ones that won't change :>

There are still a lot of questions about this idea that can be raised and explored. Try and take some time to think through the answers. Like if Team Fable started their experiments several hundred years ago, why wait until Nicole disbanded the team four years ago.

i am taking my time & thinking it through :>... trying my best to anyway...

i imagine that it probably started after the events of legands arceus in the kanto region *that connects to the johto professor noticing a change with the pokemon & the pokemon being considered 'normal' by now....
cause i'm 'thinking' about doing a kanto one first, with the female character named 'aoi'... to connect it... but i'm not sure which one... blue, red, yellow, firered or leafgreen 😯*

aoi -
df6du3i-e86003cc-0c8f-4db0-9ade-df2c6cc61fcb.png
- https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/Aoi-the-player-of-my-kanto-type-swap-917715870 but i'll think about that another time

Each answer should continue on with more questions raised and then more answers given.

i'm trying my best ^^'

Last edited:
Years
You honestly really need to flesh this out a little more. And if you intend to write this lore as though it's a story, or an article, you need to write it to feel like an article on a wiki page rather than making it be read as a personal post on a forum.

i updated the main post a lot recently :D

Years
updated page for the main page

''the team of the region, Team Fable, several hundred years ago, after the events of legends arceus, in the kanto *tokan* region made experiments on every pokemon in the region, be it wild or a trainer's pokemon. By using their specially designed signal ray, they made the Pokemon change their typings & overall appearance."

they'd be changing their typings & the moves they use & at what level they evolve at, the abilities too.... even the eggs would be affected (?)..... it's also, somehow irreversible, so they stay like that.......

but the people of the hotojo region had become used to it, by the time airi came around

so when professor mel brought out the starters to airi, that'd be different types & different pokemon from the normal starters....

but team fable have long since disbanded now after Nicole, realized that what they were doing was kinda wrong... & going against nature

"The legendaries & Mythicals were able to resist Team Fable's signal ray waves and are unaffected by their experiments."

team fable's ray has a random effect on whatever its pointed at.... & they have a sort of computer thingy at their hq where they are, to first select any pokemon, to send the ray waves there, to change their typings & overall appearance....

the signal ray waves are always turned to ''turn the pokemon to whatever types''

people tried to stop them, but they couldn't stop them from doing it...

professor mel was researching anyway out in the field... but she wanted airi to go fill the pokedex, cause she knew she wanted to be a pokemon trainer *3 years ago, when she was 7 *she's 10 now*, she told her that when she grew up, she wanted to be a trainer*

she noticed something different about the wild pokemon & the change with the starter pokemon & people told her about their pokemon & how they changed... she got quite a lot of research done about it...

team Fable disbanded 4 years ago

people were very, very shocked about it at first... i mean, their pokemon's types, be it one type or 2 types, & overall appearance suddenly changed :0
the gym leaders may have been against it when it happened, too :0

https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Airi's_type-swap_pokedex

https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Airi_(randomized_type-swap_playthrough)

Last edited:
Back