• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Where can you get Heart Scales? Is there some way you can get unlimited amounts of them?

In Driftveil city, I know that is where you get them... There is the lady in the market square who sells chocolate, talk to her about getting Heart Scales. i think it is a daily thing. Also, right in front of her on the ground is a free Heart Scale! :D
Here are some other places, info via Serebii;
Route 13, Route 13, Route 17 (With Dowsing Machine), Route 17 (With Dowsing Machine), Route 18, Route 18 (With Dowsing Machine), Desert Resort, Driftveil City, Cold Storage, Dragonspiral Tower (With Dowsing Machine), Undella Bay (With Dowsing Machine)

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Where can you get Heart Scales? Is there some way you can get unlimited amounts of them?

You can get them from the Black-White Pickup ability at higher levels (of Pokemon with Pickup). My Pachirisu is Lv91 and gets them often enough.

Is there anywhere that you can get an Everstone from just on the ground or something? I'm looking for one for like, breeding and stuff.

Don't know about them in item balls, but I have gotten Everstone from a dust cloud.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
XP Booster

Hey guys, I have a question for ya'll. My friend told me there is a XP booster item that you can get from entralink. Does anyone know what it's called exactly and how exactly to get it?

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
Hey all,

I just did a terrible thing i was breeding pokemon and releasing and i ended up releasing a pokemon that held my "lucky egg" is there any way i can trade with somebody?! to obtain a "Lucky Egg" again? i just so stupid idk what i was thinking and above that i saved over the file that was before i knew what i had done. So basically..

*Is there any possible way i can get another "lucky egg" within my Pokemon Black?!*

:(

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Which types are recommended for a beginning team?

I'm (hopefully) getting Pokemon Black today (if Amazon's delivery service is nice to me), and I'm curious as to which types will give the advantage throughout the first few gyms =] suggestions?

Usually I train just one or two Pokemon, but I read somewhere that the new versions are a lot harder than the previous ones =/

Years
Alright. Well first gym will have, no matter what, Pokemon that have the type advantage on your starter. However, by going to the Dreamyard, you can get on of the Pans which can help with the gym.

Next, biggest thing I can tell you is to farm Audinos if you feel you need to. Simply run beside patches of grass, and then run to the patches that will eventually shake. You can get a TON of easy exp this way.

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Thanks for the tip!

What do you mean by the first gym always having the type advantage? Isn't there usually one starter which has the advantage? :O

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Check Bulbapedia or Seerebi, they list all the Gym leaders and their Pokémon.

The first gym has three leaders that will switch depending on your starter. They will always have one Pokémon with a type advantage over your starter. Fortunately, you get a gift Pokémon that will have type advantage over the one the Gym leader is using.

B&W offer quite the variety of types from the early game on so you can get pretty much anything. The games are a bit different than the others so I would just start playing without worrying too much and just get whatever Pokémon you like the look of ^^

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
ban_cilan.png
VSChili.png
VSCress.png

1.Cilan, Chili, or Cress focus on Grass, Fire, or Water type Pokémon depending on which starter you pick determines what type you will fight..

Exp. your Starter Fire > You will battle Cress (water)
your Starter Water > You will battle Cilan (grass)
your Starter Grass > You will battle Chili (fire)

Their Pokémon's levels are in the 12-14 range.

2.Lenora focuses on Normal type Pokémon.

So all i you need is to be training a Fighting Pokemon.. like I trained Sawk and Her Pokémon's levels are in the 18-20 range.

3.Burgh focuses on Bug type Pokémon.

So Fire Starter! would benefit here! His Pokémon's levels are in the 21-23 range.

4.Elesa focuses on Electric type Pokémon.

So Rock/Ground I used Gigalith and Her Pokémon's levels are in the 25-27 range.

5.Clay focuses on Ground type Pokémon.

So Grass /Water Starter would benefit here! His Pokémon's levels are in the 29-31 range.

6.Skyla focuses on Flying type Pokémon.

So for this gym any Electric/Rock/Ice pokemon you have trained will be able to soar through this gym i used Zebstrika which evolved at lvl 27. So again Her Pokémon's levels are in the 33-35 range.

7.Brycen focuses on Ice type Pokémon.

So Fire Starter would be good! His Pokémon's levels are in the 37-39 range.
<<<WHITE
8.Drayden or Iris focuses on Dragon type Pokémon.

So since i didn't have a Ice/Dragon pokemon i had to just plowed my way through this gym using my whole party! But Their Pokémon's levels are only in the 41-43 range.

So idk its up to you..

Least now you can see what the Gym's Strength's are..

What i did?

I started with Tepig! So..

Gyms
1. Pansage
2. Sawk
3. Pignite
4. Gigalith
5. Simisage
6. Zebstrika
7. Emboar
8. MY whole Party ( Emboar, Sawk, Zebstrika, Simisage, Gigalith, and Unfezant)
500.png
539.png
523.png
512.png
526.png
521.png

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm (hopefully) getting Pokemon Black today (if Amazon's delivery service is nice to me), and I'm curious as to which types will give the advantage throughout the first few gyms =] suggestions?

Usually I train just one or two Pokemon, but I read somewhere that the new versions are a lot harder than the previous ones =/

Merged with Simple Questions incase anyone else has something to input - but in the future please remember, these types of questions related to help in some form belong in this thread rather than having their own thread.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
I must be missing something or the game just doesn't like me. How do you access Abyssal Ruins from Undella Bay? I've used Dive in all the dark spots on the water but I'm never able to move after doing so. The game just forces me back up the water after 10 seconds. Is it a specific Dive spot? If so where is it?

I've surfed around and dived in every spot already >_>.

Gym leaders ain't the problem with this game. I would keep a team of six at all times to be safe.

Hey all,

I just did a terrible thing i was breeding pokemon and releasing and i ended up releasing a pokemon that held my "lucky egg" is there any way i can trade with somebody?! to obtain a "Lucky Egg" again? i just so stupid idk what i was thinking and above that i saved over the file that was before i knew what i had done. So basically..

*Is there any possible way i can get another "lucky egg" within my Pokemon Black?!*

:(
Yes. Route 13, a guy that gives you one random item everyday. It's random so you'll have to rely on luck =(.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back