• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: [General] 5th Generation Pokémon Hacking/Information Consolidation

Cello

Tonight!
Years
According to word floating around 2chan, Black/White are 1gb in size.
It seems physically impossible for a NDS cart, however.

I have reason to not doubt them though.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Wait 1gb ROM size? OMG that takes up big space. I don't think we're gonna be hacking Gen. V anyways anytime soon, with all the 3-D graphics and such, I mean, we barely cracked some stuff for Gen. IV hacking.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Wait 1gb ROM size? OMG that takes up big space. I don't think we're gonna be hacking Gen. V anyways anytime soon, with all the 3-D graphics and such, I mean, we barely cracked some stuff for Gen. IV hacking.

Since both are on the same system, hacking Black and White should be the same difficulty as hacking Diamond and Pearl.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Since both are on the same system, hacking Black and White should be the same difficulty as hacking Diamond and Pearl.

um no last time i checked that's not how things work. They're a completely new generation, they're based off a completely different engine which has even more complex 3D graphics. Graphic'sll very likely be much harder to hack.

The other stuff...can't be too sure. :|

Cello

Tonight!
Years
According to word floating around 2chan, Black/White are 1gb in size.
It seems physically impossible for a NDS cart, however.

I have reason to not doubt them though.

My apologies everyone. The info I posted earlier has proven to be false(which, really, there's no surprise. I mean a 1gb DS game? Really Cello?)

The ROM size is 256MB in size, as proven by:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/koby_akid/

Mods, don't worry, it's not a link to the ROM. Koby_Akid has managed to dump the ROM but has no plan to distribute it, merely come up with cheats for B/W.

That's all. :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Then why am I seeing screenshots with Pokemon having leveled and/or gained experience?

Alright you try out the rom for yourself ;).

You are probably just receiving pics straight from a DS. You realize you can screen capture >.>, also with hacks level editing is possible... As we know...

EDIT: Proof

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
yay.png

*Whistles while walking away*

Years
pok.png

From GBATemp :

a/0/
a/0/1/1 contains the images for the fight menu
a/0/2/5 item sprites
a/0/3/0 touchscreen status?
a/0/3/1 player sprites
a/0/32 npc sprites
a/0/4/1 trainer sprites in combat
a/0/5/5 Pokemon types / movement type
a/0/8/3 Pokemon status menu?
a/0/8/5 world map

a/1/
a/1/1/8 keyboard
a/1/2/0 wifi club screen
a/1/2/4 Pokemon types / movement type
a/1/3/1 Character Artworks?
a/1/3/7 Battle Recorder
a/1/3/9 DSi / DSi XL / LL Menu Screen
a/1/4/3 Game Sync Screens
a/1/5/1 Season Screens (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
a/1/6/4 Copyright Screen
a/1/7/0 Player and his friend's Pictures
a/1/7/1 CGear
a/1/7/3 Balloons
a/1/8/4 Trainer Sprites
a/1/8/7 Mysterious Person 'N'

a/2/
a/2/0/1 Certificate?
a/2/0/2 Certificate?
a/2/0/5 Starter's pictures
a/2/0/6 Battle Subway Map
a/2/2/0 'The End' Screen
a/2/4/4 Some Text (not the Script)
I don't take the credits...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Alright you try out the rom for yourself ;).

You are probably just receiving pics straight from a DS. You realize you can screen capture >.>, also with hacks level editing is possible... As we know...

EDIT: Proof

Yep, but it's fixed already

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Looks to me like the Mapping in the 5th Generation hasn't changed from the 4th.
I think only certain maps are able to use the rotating script, as it is used to rotate the map around and a script that ends the rotation along with of course... the camera zoom scripts.
I knew it... the mapping engine hasn't changed much.

I haven't tried going into a mystery zone yet... but I'm guessing that it might be a different name.
Like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum had "Mystery Zone", HeartGold/SoulSilver had "----------".
I'm guessing the name of the Mystery Zone in Black/White probably will be either "???????????" or no text at all. I also wonder what the music would be in it as well.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
What I'am posting now is a black version with the exp fix, it works 100% but only with Desmume the emulator I'm not so if I spelled it right...any way there are 2 problems with this game, after you get to the second town and go into the pokemon center witch is an event with the new prof. and that girl thats your friend in the green once you talk to nurse joy the game freezes up but no black screen and the other problem is its in Japanese so someone needs to make it run with no cash gba and make a cheat that stops the freeze like in hh and ss, plus an english patch needs to be made.
Once these are made the game can be played to its full epicness with no worries...Oh and I tryed out the game and its actually pretty cool.

If you choose to do this good luck!

Well thats a no no, no uploading roms...

But it seems you did not even upload the actual thing XD since I would assume the rom is bigger than what a few bytes... lol

Years
Just at a quick glance through the ROM. Here's just a short list of things I noticed.
  1. No new evolution methods
  2. Some more redefining of data. eg. In base stats Grass Type appears to be 0B instead of 0C
  3. I'm unable to find simple structures used since Gen. 3. Which means one of two things. The structures have been overhauled or they have a completely new things like TM lists, and the way types interact.

I've just had a quick look. I could also have a ROM that's been tampered with, so if none of these apply to anyone else, just ignore this post.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Just at a quick glance through the ROM. Here's just a short list of things I noticed.
  1. No new evolution methods
  2. Some more redefining of data. eg. In base stats Grass Type appears to be 0B instead of 0C
  3. I'm unable to find simple structures used since Gen. 3. Which means one of two things. The structures have been overhauled or they have a completely new things like TM lists, and the way types interact.

I've just had a quick look. I could also have a ROM that's been tampered with, so if none of these apply to anyone else, just ignore this post.

I'm pretty sure there is a new TM list ;)

Back