• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
No my friend. The save block recycle hack is a hack that extends the amount of new things you can save to the saved file. He found that there was roughly 4kb of free space in the file that was saved and edited it so that players could add more items.
This save block hack can be useful for quite a few things. A few to name is a flag extension hack, which allows for 4000+ new flags. The berry system also made by JPAN, and heavily improved by FBI, which allows one to have a berry system in Fire red. There are quite a few more things that can use this save area.
As for the question about JPANs engine. I assume you mean when one applies his cleaning patch and then the hack. It might be possible, but you would have to reinsert every sprite into a new area. For instance, he clears all scripts, but you can simply reuse most of them by pointing them to a new offset.
By any chance would this include the 60000 overworlds and stuff like that as well

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
No. It is only a save patch. I do not have the skill or more the time to edit every part of JPANS Engine. I might look into it to see what is involved, but that's quite a bit to look at.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
wait a minute did you use the 1020 version for this or the 1460 version?

Years
I decided to merge the posts together. Three seems a bit ridiculous.

EDIT: It was the 1020 version.
I believe it's the 1020 version. A friend sent the ROM and we needed the hack.

EDIT: Ignore below. Used NUPS and that worked fine.

Pokefreak, I tried patching this but it says invalid check sum. What version of fire red did you use?
Pokefreak, that patching system is pretty awkward, especially for new users. It also takes a bit of memory. I believe you will get better results using Lips patcher. Here is a link for you: [link removed by user]
I really can't get this to work. Quite annoying to have to deal with a checksum issue, unless you used independents version of Firered. AFAIK, Squirrels is the one most people use. V 1.0

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I decided to merge the posts together. Three seems a bit ridiculous.

I believe it's the 1020 version. A friend sent the ROM and we needed the hack.

Pokefreak, I tried patching this but it says invalid check sum. What version of fire red did you use?

Pokefreak, that patching system is pretty awkward, especially for new users. It also takes a bit of memory. I believe you will get better results using Lips patcher. Here is a link for you: https://mega.nz/#!rU9ADIhB!qqYOqK8Bm414W97pS3pFeu5kmkqag666wi309o-MZ-w
I really can't get this to work. Quite annoying to have to deal with a checksum issue, unless you used independents version of Firered. AFAIK, Squirrels is the one most people use. V 1.0
I used 1.0 fire red and also LIPS supports only 16MB not 32MB so I can't use that and the only thing you have to do with NUPS patcher is make sure you click on ignore before patching

Years
I was using tsukuyomi. I finally got it to work with NUPS.

So, I've spent the last half hour making patches and finding a new area. I have found the new range, and I will again implore you pokefreak890 to leave 0x7F8000 to 0x7FFFFF alone. This is used for the extra patch. 0x7F8000 - 0x7F8100 is what is actually used by the save block, but you'll see in my folder why the rest should be left alone. In short, I added an area from 0x7F8100 - 0x7FFFFF that automatically adds Jambo51s extensions and also adds some other glitch fixes. The rest that is not used currently would be a good place for users to add new ASM code.

Now, for those (probably none(except me)) people who used the patch in the link above, I have included a reversal patch inside this patch.

Final note, this patch uses an IPS file, which is acceptable for this purpose, as we are using the 0MB - 16MB range for this patch. Use Lips patcher to patch this.

The link: https://mega.nz/#!rI8DWKxR!txu4tIkcjwsvz9A6NAm3bPfR3Ni-7bFQytjxl83SEpQhttps://mega.nz/#!rI8DWKxR!txu4tIkcjwsvz9A6NAm3bPfR3Ni-7bFQytjxl83SEpQ
Happy hacking everyone.

Last edited:

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
Years
I'm gonna be almost working on my Firered I want to know if THERE IS NO BUGS that would ruin my chances of creating a rom hack with this patch

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I'm gonna be almost working on my Firered I want to know if THERE IS NO BUGS that would ruin my chances of creating a rom hack with this patch
The 1020 base has virtually no bugs except the habitats

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I plan on adding formes and stuff to this base once I know what the script is then it will be completed

Icemasters

The Lurker Here
Years
Mega evolutions doesn't fully work in double battle. It says pokemon is reacting to mega bracelet but the sprites dont change

And it only happens for the second pokemon on the battle the one to the right. nothing what so ever happens to the first, no message nothing

ElijahCabugao

Metagross's Metagrossite is reacting to Elijah's M
Years
So you only have megas with their original cries... Man, that would be awesome if it has echoes (cries in XY style)

(Megas)Abomasnow,Garchomp,Luppony,Lucario,Audino,Gallade and Diancie dont have cries... Hope you add them in your next beta...

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Mega evolutions doesn't fully work in double battle. It says pokemon is reacting to mega bracelet but the sprites dont change

And it only happens for the second pokemon on the battle the one to the right. nothing what so ever happens to the first, no message nothing

I dont know if touched said anything about it working in doubles or not but maybe it just Dosent work in a doubles format at this moment

Zombu3401

Severy
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Excuse me, but it crashes every times I try to edit pokemon like Charizard, Blastoiseopen in PGE.Oh yeah, a message appear that said: ''InvalidArgument=Value of '254' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. ''
Also the "Wild pokemon" tab in advance map(1.95) only shows Chimecho as the last pokemon, how does I fix this?
Awesome rom base by the way.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Excuse me, but it crashes every times I try to edit pokemon like Charizard, Blastoiseopen in PGE.Oh yeah, a message appear that said: ''InvalidArgument=Value of '254' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. ''
Also the "Wild pokemon" tab in advance map(1.95) only shows Chimecho as the last pokemon, how does I fix this?
Awesome rom base by the way.
The reason why Charizard,blastiose and venusaur are crashing PGE is because they have a evolution that's not compatabile with PGE and your using the wrong A-Map you need to use the 1.92 version and open that up in a hex editor and go to D027C and put 9C 01

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
The reason why Charizard,blastiose and venusaur are crashing PGE is because they have a evolution that's not compatabile with PGE and your using the wrong A-Map you need to use the 1.92 version and open that up in a hex editor and go to D027C and put 9C 01

Well magmar also crashes PGE as well. Not sure why it would do that...

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Does anyone know what the script is supposed to look like so deoyxs can change forms I already have everything down I just need the one script

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Umm... the patch wont work on pokemon firered for me, am I patching it wrong? All I am doing is patching the file, I haven't done anything to it yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Umm... the patch wont work on pokemon firered for me, am I patching it wrong? All I am doing is patching the file, I haven't done anything to it yet.

First off, use Nups. No other UPS patches work well with this base.

Secondly, to see the newer pokemon, you have to add them in Advance Map yourself. If you need an example patch with all 721 pokemon in the wild using this patch, PM me and I'll give you it.

Back