• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Favorite vocalists~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Who are some of your favorite vocalists? Why do you like them? I mean, what makes them so special to you? :3

My favorite vocalist is my theme. He's one of my heroes, and he's so sweet & adorable. He helped me through a lot lately, and he does have a very unique voice... but it's so cute to me either way~ btw his name is Kellin Quinn. <3

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Can't go wrong with Robert Plant, Pete Loeffler, Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Ian Gillan... people with raw, unaided singing talent.

Metalcore. Ew. The contrarian in me is screaming at my fingers to type "there is nothing unique about metalcore; they all sound like the same screamy, whiny babies"

Last edited:
Years
Who are some of your favourite vocalists?

Matt Bellamy, Sia, Rivers Cuomo, Natalie Cole, Grace VanderWaal and Vince Jones.

Why do you like them? I mean, what makes them so special to you?

Talent, and they're all pretty darn unique. Matt Bellamy, especially. The only way I know how to describe his voice is lustful, and every note has you thirsting for revolution.

Each one comes from a different phase of my life, I suppose. Even if they're closely grouped phases, bloody similar phases, each one has its own tone and power that functions as a glorious reminder. I'm a nostalgia junkee. 100%. Last week is nostalgic.

Years
Levi Stubbs

Dennis Edwards

Al Green

Gladys Knight

David Ruffin

Brenda Holloway

Peabo Bryson

Russell Thompkins Jr.

They (and others I've probably missed) are all up there for me, I guess I love soul music :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I wonder who my favorite vocalist could be.

I love Ari because I think she's truly phenomenal and knows how to utilize her voice to the fullest extent. She's done some incredible things with her voice and made some absolutely stunning albums, Dangerous Woman chief among them. She's also hit an insanely high note in chest voice and I fell in love after that point.

I also have a lot of respect for her as a person considering all of the shit she's had to go through in her life at such a young age and the vast amount of criticism and ire she's had to face from her unloyal fans and a negative entertainment media. She's been honest about her mental health struggles and has used her music to promote messages of peace and positivity, critically so when she's in a huge spotlight as a major pop artist with a massive following. Plus, she's very pro-LGBTQ+ which makes me happy as a member of that community.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Of course, I could list vocalists from my favourite bands, but if we narrow it down to a non-group artist, then...

Justin Bieber <3

Years
Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, Chris Martin from Coldplay, Chris Brown (used to hear "Forever", "With You" and "Kiss Kiss" back then and love it, in the recent years, i've used to love "Don't Wake me Up" and "Turn Up the Music"), Calvin Harris and Jason Derülo (have been hearing "Don't Wanna Go Home" a lot these days, it's so addicting).

Why is chester my favorite vocalist? Well i love his style of singing, especially when he sings with Mike Shinoda, my favorite singles where his voice is outstanding are "Waiting for the End", "Shadow of the Day", "Until it Breaks", "Iridescent", "Roads Untraveled" and "The Catalyst", i think the way he sings is a way to show all the things he had to go through in his life.

R.I.P Chester, i pay my respects to you, you where such an inspiring and important soul to make Linkin Park going forward.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Jonghyun <3 And basically everyone from SHINee, they are absolutely legendary and their harmony is something that can't be beat.

I also am in love with Breaking Benjamin's vocalist, Benjamin (lol).

Years
Bebe Rexha - I dunno, I just think she's underrated. Her voice fits really well with her style of music.

Ellie Goulding - Her voice is so unique... lots of British singers lose their accent when they sing, but she emphasizes it, and it's super neat.

Jess Glynne - Again, unique and underrated. That's the theme for me, I guess.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've been obsessed with Billie Eilish lately, songs are catchy but I also think she has a really nice, breathy kind of voice. Even acapella she sounds so good.

Lana Del Rey is another female vocalist whose voice I love.

Years
I'm adding Alec Benjamin, Annie Lennox, Lana Del Rey and Héloïse Letissier (Christine and the Queens).

Lennox and Chris can play emotions like a fucking piano.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I'm gonna be that one person and say Prince.

That's a sexy voice if I've ever heard one. Even when he coughs.

Years
For K-pop i like: BoA, UI, Jay Park, ZICO and J-Hope

For J-Pop i like: Hikaru Utada, Kumi Koda, nano, Tomomi Itano, Ryuji Imaichi, Hiromi Tosaka and Mamoru Miyano (the voice of Cilan)

Back