• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm intrested in what the 2nd eeveelution will be.

Following the pattern, a second eeveelution would be expected.

2nd gen, 4th gen, both of them got two new ones.

And now one has been revealed for 6th gen. 2, 4, 6... See where this is going? All of those are divisiable by 2. If the pattern continues, then we will get one more for the 6th gen.

Additionally, the released eeveelutions have been counterparts to each other - By this I mean, typing wise, one was superior to the other. Umbreon > Espeon, Glaceon > Leafeon...

It would really depend on what other strengths or weaknesses that the Fairy type will have though, since all we know is that it's strong against Dragon types. And while a dragon typed eeveelution would be awesome, I don't really see that happening.

Logically, we can assume that the Cleffa line will be a fairy type too. And given some of the rumors mass spectulation on how Clefable and Gengar were related, I'd assume that the Fairy type would be strong or weak against the ghost type.

This would mean that the next eeveelution could be a ghost type... Which, when we think about how the final evoutions of dragon and ghost types look, would make a lot more sense then a dragon type eeveelution.

blue

gucci
Years
Just because the past two generations have provided eeveelutions in pairs doesn't necessarily mean it will this time, I think that with X and Y introducing just one type having an eeveelution represent this type is a great way to start it off. Having one eeveelution for this generation seems much more reasonable IMO.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It might not happen but still... We can't deny that the pattern exists and has, so far, been proven possible.

Then again, we also had a pattern of one gen per console and 5th gen ruined that so... meh. This though would have, without Sylveon being announced, created another pattern - New eeveelutions every other console - Starting on the GBC, skip GBA, DS... Well actually... this pattern could apply too because of the DSi, now that I thinks of it. With 5th gen being compatable with the DS and DSi, we could say that the DSi was skipped over since 5th was a DSi exclusive...

Then again, I'm proably just looking to deep into things.

Speaking of looking to deep into things...

Umbreon, a Dark Eeveelution, came out in Gen 2 - when the Dark type was announced. It's counterpart was Espeon, and typing lead it to Umbreon being strong against it. It isn't a pattern yeah, but still... Another case that shows that a 2nd eeveelution is possible. And now that I thinks of it, this would have a Dragon eeveelution being the most likely. Dark was released to give another counter to Psychics, and we got a Dark and Psychic eeveelution, so... with Fairy (so far) being released as another counter to Dragons...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm intrested in what the 2nd eeveelution will be.

Following the pattern, a second eeveelution would be expected.

2nd gen, 4th gen, both of them got two new ones.

And now one has been revealed for 6th gen. 2, 4, 6... See where this is going? All of those are divisiable by 2. If the pattern continues, then we will get one more for the 6th gen.

Additionally, the released eeveelutions have been counterparts to each other - By this I mean, typing wise, one was superior to the other. Umbreon > Espeon, Glaceon > Leafeon...

It would really depend on what other strengths or weaknesses that the Fairy type will have though, since all we know is that it's strong against Dragon types. And while a dragon typed eeveelution would be awesome, I don't really see that happening.

Logically, we can assume that the Cleffa line will be a fairy type too. And given some of the rumors mass spectulation on how Clefable and Gengar were related, I'd assume that the Fairy type would be strong or weak against the ghost type.

This would mean that the next eeveelution could be a ghost type... Which, when we think about how the final evoutions of dragon and ghost types look, would make a lot more sense then a dragon type eeveelution.

Just because the past two generations have provided eeveelutions in pairs doesn't necessarily mean it will this time, I think that with X and Y introducing just one type having an eeveelution represent this type is a great way to start it off. Having one eeveelution for this generation seems much more reasonable IMO.

It might not happen but still... We can't deny that the pattern exists and has, so far, been proven possible.

Then again, we also had a pattern of one gen per console and 5th gen ruined that so... meh. This though would have, without Sylveon being announced, created another pattern - New eeveelutions every other console - Starting on the GBC, skip GBA, DS... Well actually... this pattern could apply too because of the DSi, now that I thinks of it. With 5th gen being compatable with the DS and DSi, we could say that the DSi was skipped over since 5th was a DSi exclusive...

Then again, I'm proably just looking to deep into things.

Speaking of looking to deep into things...

Umbreon, a Dark Eeveelution, came out in Gen 2 - when the Dark type was announced. It's counterpart was Espeon, and typing lead it to Umbreon being strong against it. It isn't a pattern yeah, but still... Another case that shows that a 2nd eeveelution is possible. And now that I thinks of it, this would have a Dragon eeveelution being the most likely. Dark was released to give another counter to Psychics, and we got a Dark and Psychic eeveelution, so... with Fairy (so far) being released as another counter to Dragons...

When Sylveon was releases it was being advertised as the only Eevee Evolution this time around. According to the movie short, every Eevee form is in it. There are only 8 evolution present in the movie. It could be bad translation, since we aren't getting the movie that showcases both the new Mewtwo and Sylveon for maybe six plus more months after next month.

Based on what we currently have, there is only one Eevee Evolution this generation.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
Years
corocoro-1.jpg

Doesnt her shirt look like a gothitelle?

It's going to be like R/S/E? She's maybe a new Wally.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's going to be like R/S/E? She's maybe a new Wally.

I think She and the other two are the new main rivals. Maybe the Girl and Guy pick the same Pokemon and the third person picks what's left. Leaving the other NPC Character to pick either your choice or the third choice, then the unused PC and one of the supposed rivals disappears only to show up to talk every so often or at story points leaving you to battle with your opposite gendered rival and the other guy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When Sylveon was releases it was being advertised as the only Eevee Evolution this time around. According to the movie short, every Eevee form is in it. There are only 8 evolution present in the movie. It could be bad translation, since we aren't getting the movie that showcases both the new Mewtwo and Sylveon for maybe six plus more months after next month.

Based on what we currently have, there is only one Eevee Evolution this generation.
That's true. I'm hoping it's a mistranslation though, as I want a Dragon Eeveelution especially since Fairy is strong against Dragon just like how the other pairs had one strong against the others Jolteon>Vaporeon>Flareon, Umbreon>Espeon, and Glaceon>Leafeon. It would be Sylveon> Dragon evolution.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just by gleaning at the Roundtable recap, here are my opinions/speculations on what some Pokémon may get:
-Clauncher gets Swords Dance (just like Krabby and Corphish, its crustacean counterparts), and while I think that it may have the Attack to use it effectively, the same may not be said for its Speed.
-Just by looking at Gogoat's HP meter, it may be a bulky attacker (my estimate for its base HP may be 110, but I could be wrong).

Years
Just by gleaning at the Roundtable recap, here are my opinions/speculations on what some Pokémon may get:
-Clauncher gets Swords Dance (just like Krabby and Corphish, its crustacean counterparts), and while I think that it may have the Attack to use it effectively, the same may not be said for its Speed.
-Just by looking at Gogoat's HP meter, it may be a bulky attacker (my estimate for its base HP may be 110, but I could be wrong).

I'd love to see Clauncher have good Speed, since the last two crustacean Water-types were pretty slow. But still it looks like it will have good potential with Crabhammer and Swords Dance, can't wait to see what other moves it gets.

Gogoat looks like a bulky Pokemon that can take hits, and then dish out damage, and I do hope it gets some strong attacks, plus Horn Leech helps ensure survivability thanks to the free healing.

Years
I wonder how they're going to make 8 direction navigation work. That seems to go against physics, unless diagonal movements take 1.4 times the amount of time to move horizontally or vertically.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Maaaan.....this game is going to be so different than what we are all used to, in some pretty major ways. I just hope that the fanbase doesn't go postal with it. This franchise needed some good ole' change, and I won't be one of the kids complainin' about it right off the bat. Now, if there is some major ridiculousness going on with the story or mechanics that defy acceptance, then you better bet I will take it to the message boards, haha!

I think we could compare what is about to happen to Final Fantasy's transition to 3D, possibly. Very interesting....

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Think we might get a item/move/ability that increases the chance of encountering a horde?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well in some legends and in modern media fairies have been depicted living in flowers, so it makes some sense that it's always with it's flower as it's its home per say.

I read somewhere that Furabebe might be based on Thumbelina, a fairy tale about a tiny girl (the size of a thumb) who was born from a flower.

It makes a lot of sense.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
And we thought Black/White brought revolutionary changes. This gen will surely put Pokemon on another level.

blue

gucci
Years
Think we might get a item/move/ability that increases the chance of encountering a horde?

That would be a good idea, I'd assume they would be quite uncommon so for an item to act the opposite of the Cleanse Tag by increasing the chances would be a great way to earn some EXP fast.

blue

gucci
Years
Most definitely, I think you can bet that one is going to exist. Another thing to take note is, I wonder if EXP gain is significantly increased because you're facing 5 Pokemon instead of one? A bit curious about that.

That will be the case otherwise there would be no point, it was noted that you get extra EXP for taking out all 5 in one hit.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Which makes sense as one who can take down multiple targets at once is quite the experience, and should make one stronger, or at least that's how I see/explain the bonus from a realistic (as in rl) explaination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back