• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Imo this remix doesn't sound like something they really put much effort in making. It's so simply remixed. Probably other remixes will be like this too, including Hoenn ones. I guess they don't want those tracks to sound better than in games they belong to, and are saving better remixes for R/S remakes.

Well Kanto was in gen IV which was also in the Ds so not much change can really be expected, Hoenn is proably going to be the most different seeing how Sinnoh and Johto's remixes will proably end up like Kanto's (all already had DS music).

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013

Well Kanto was in gen IV which was also in the Ds so not much change can really be expected, Hoenn is proably going to be the most different seeing how Sinnoh and Johto's remixes will proably end up like Kanto's (all already had DS music).

Not exactly what I meant. To begin with, that remix is based on R/B/Y/FR/LG versions, not G/S/C/HG/SS. Imo that remix from World Tournament is worse than FR/LG version. If they'll remix R/S/E Gym Leader track in similar simple style, it won't sound Hoenn-ish, most likely meaning they are saving better remix for remakes.

Years
??? But that sounded just like Kanto in HgSs which is in it's self a remix of the gen III version...
Though we're kind of getting off topic here...
On topic: Where do you think the tournament is taking place? My guess is either Undella, Nimbasa, or a new town.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Seeing as he Anime version is in the Eastern Unova I'm gunna say Lancousa Town. That place needs some love.

Years
What about Castelia City? They might have space to spare. Or Nimbassa City as someone else said.
Lancousa Town... wasn't that town all about old stuff? I doubt that the townspeople would welcome a fancy, schmancy arena/dome into their small (I guess it's small) town.
Or they might make a dock for a ship/submarine to take them to the location... of an underwater arena? I remember that there are underwater tunnels for travelers moving to and fro. I really don't like the idea of a new island popping out for this. I just want GF to just put the location in a place that makes sense.

My imagination is running wild... now I'm thinking of a dome in the sky... a hidden arena in a cave that can only be found by powerful trainers?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think the under water tunnel is to go from Vibrank to Castella. (Gym 2 to Gym 3) Since there is no visible bridge that connects that city to Castella.

As for Lancousa, its not that they are into old stuff. They are just stuck in a Superstition. They don't have to be in B2W2 cause well 2 years pass and someone could have ballsed up and stayed out all night for multiple nights (if Lancousa isn't the Frozen Town from the Trailer)

I think that the Tournament in the Anime may be in Lancousa town if not in an Anime town seeing as that tournament could be the end of that part of the journey.

Years
Well Lancousa will finally have something interesting for a change ^_^
Or perhaps it can be in that town where the trains gather as it didn't really have a reason for us to visit it other than to get items lost in the subway from one of the guys in one of the houses...

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
What if its in anville town jk or am i

That town and lacanosu town were so boring that i think they could do something special for them

I think that if they do it in nimbasa pokemon world tournament would replace the subway frontier or any frontier for that matter

The game would be too grand if the Pokemon world tornament and battle frontier would be in the same game

Years
Ah! "Trains" got me thinking about transportation... the most likely method which I see right now, based on you guys, is by foot.

The Battle Frontier... right, I don't know if that would be randomly replaced or what... who knows...

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Had an idea!

What if they kept the frontier subway in nimbasa, but used the amtrak train in anville to transport you to the pokemon world tornament

OR

They used the airplanes in mistalton to transport to new areas

OR

One of the islands in the castelia bay is the location of the PWT

Or what if ....

Bum bum buuuuuuuuuum!!!!

Its in the hoenn region

Years
Might happen. I personally didn't like the Battle Subway. But I guess GF would keep it just because they can and will.
Where would these "new areas" be? Hopefully not some random island in the middle of nowhere...
Now you're just screwing with us.

Years
Sorry, I misunderstood you.
I do see your point that the location might be in Hoenn/Castelia Bay but...
Would Hoenn actually be (on a map) under Unova? There have been a lot of hints that Unova (as a an isolationist community) is a bit of a way from the other regions. Or at the very least they don't interact w/ other regions that much.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I remember way back in the day before b/w came out there was speculation that the airplanes in mistralton where used for transportation its possible( maybe unlikely but possible) for the planes to acsess a region in hoenn where the PWT is

Also it would tie in Nicely to explain the appearence of the PWT in the hoenn remakes

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
My guess is it is somewhere by Undella since Caitlin has a villa there and Cynthia appears in the Villa and both appear in the World Tournament within the anime. So I would assume somewhere in that area or in between Undella and Lacunosa.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Wait, People still think Hoenn's gonna be in Black 2 White 2? Seriously guys, an employee at Gamefreak confirmed via a Tweet ages ago that Hoenn is not in these games.

Shizui's gym will most likely be in a redesigned Undella town.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think the under water tunnel is to go from Vibrank to Castella. (Gym 2 to Gym 3) Since there is no visible bridge that connects that city to Castella.

As for Lancousa, its not that they are into old stuff. They are just stuck in a Superstition. They don't have to be in B2W2 cause well 2 years pass and someone could have ballsed up and stayed out all night for multiple nights (if Lancousa isn't the Frozen Town from the Trailer)

I think that the Tournament in the Anime may be in Lancousa town if not in an Anime town seeing as that tournament could be the end of that part of the journey.

you take a boat from Vibrank to castella , the under water tunnel will take you from skylas city to undella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back