• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Thanks Pekopon, ;)

Btw, I'm jealous of your shiny pidgey so that's my next target from random encountering ;D

UPDATE: 2902 soft resets for drifloon lelelele.

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

This beautiful bird just came across my screen not even more than 400 encounters later on Leafgreen!!!!! 2 shinys in 1 day@@@@@@@@ Omg!!!!!!!!

2dh5fll.jpg

She is gentle natured but, i could care less. I have horrible luck with natures so lol. its a shiny pidgey!!!! I was also just about to end my hunting to, did about 100 more sr's for drifloon. I am over the moon.

Update: 3008 srs for drifloon :3

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I'm kind of worried you guys are going to start thinking I'm cheating since this is the third day in a row I've found a shiny, but after about 4-5 months of searching on and off, I've FINALLY at long last found what I've been looking for since the start of my shiny hunting.

TA-DAAAAA!!!!

thealmightygreg.png

Awww HECK YEAH ADAMANT NATURE! These are the moments that make shiny hunting worth it!

Butterfree and Beedrill are two of my absolute favourite Pokemon, and I've been wanting a shiny Beedrill for a long time. Once I EV train this guy, I'll post an updated picture of him as Beedrill. But for now, I'm totally thrilled that I have a 100% legit Adamant Shiny Weedle! I was in a skype call when I found it, and my friends all found it pretty amusing how excited I was. I wish I had it recorded. XD I called him Greg because that's what I always call my male Weedles.

In a way it's kind of a shame I found him so close to the new monthly quest, but I don't care. I HAVE A SHINY WEEDLE! *parties the night away*

EDIT: Here's shiny Beedrill, and he's awesome!

beedrill.png

Last edited:
Years
Wow gratz! shiny beedrill is a really cool shiny to have. I think you've inspired me to hunt for a shiny caterpie in viridian forest now @____@. But i think ill take a break since i alredy found 2 today lelele. What is the best shiny in Gen III in your opinion? :)

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Tough choice. Lots of good ones, but personally this is the one I've wanted the most from the beginning of shiny hunting.

121.png

And good luck in Viridian. It took me FOREVER to find a shiny in there. I stopped counting at 6300, and that was a few months ago.

Glad to see you caught a Pidgey. Shiney Pidgeot is cool. : )

Years
Yeah, thanks :). That starmie looks sick, i sense a masuda method staryu hunt for me in the near future lol ;d. I have been a maniac at soft reseting lately.... just got to 3206 now.. i should really give it a break i geuss ;P. Maybe we could race for something later :3

Years
Omg guysssss !!!! i bring shiny news!!!!!!!

After about 2100-2300 encounters on my fire red cartridge, a wonderful greenish/yellow snake popped out of the grass!!!

ibex40.jpg

She is quirky natured, which isnt the best as its a neutral nature. But who cares shiny ekans/arbok is mine@@@@@@

Furthermore, i have completed 2550 soft resets for drifloon lol. hopefully that other yellow poké shines :) :) :)

UPDATE: 2700 soft resets *_______*

Thanks Pekopon, ;)

Btw, I'm jealous of your shiny pidgey so that's my next target from random encountering ;D

UPDATE: 2902 soft resets for drifloon lelelele.

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

This beautiful bird just came across my screen not even more than 400 encounters later on Leafgreen!!!!! 2 shinys in 1 day@@@@@@@@ Omg!!!!!!!!

2dh5fll.jpg

She is gentle natured but, i could care less. I have horrible luck with natures so lol. its a shiny pidgey!!!! I was also just about to end my hunting to, did about 100 more sr's for drifloon. I am over the moon.

Update: 3008 srs for drifloon :3

I'm kind of worried you guys are going to start thinking I'm cheating since this is the third day in a row I've found a shiny, but after about 4-5 months of searching on and off, I've FINALLY at long last found what I've been looking for since the start of my shiny hunting.

TA-DAAAAA!!!!

thealmightygreg.png

Awww HECK YEAH ADAMANT NATURE! These are the moments that make shiny hunting worth it!

Butterfree and Beedrill are two of my absolute favourite Pokemon, and I've been wanting a shiny Beedrill for a long time. Once I EV train this guy, I'll post an updated picture of him as Beedrill. But for now, I'm totally thrilled that I have a 100% legit Adamant Shiny Weedle! I was in a skype call when I found it, and my friends all found it pretty amusing how excited I was. I wish I had it recorded. XD I called him Greg because that's what I always call my male Weedles.

In a way it's kind of a shame I found him so close to the new monthly quest, but I don't care. I HAVE A SHINY WEEDLE! *parties the night away*

EDIT: Here's shiny Beedrill, and he's awesome!

beedrill.png

Congrats on all three of those shinies.. again!! O_O Mind sharing some of your luck guys??
Nearing on a thousand eggs for Eevee. I just ordered in a FireRed so I can SR one of the starters... should be interesting. I'm gonna see if I can find another pair of rechargeable batteries and do a lot of live Eevee/Moltres recording. I want my first Live Shiny!!

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Congrats to Bern and PekoponTAS on the shinies! You guys are super lucky. @_@

I finished my national dex and got my shining charm! Excited to hopefully have some of the shiny luck lately rub off on me since I've never found a shiny by hunting for one before. ^^; I've been hunting a mienfoo with random encounters for a little bit! I'm not sure if this is a good one to pick since there are so many other pokemon that also show up in the area? How do you guys choose what pokemon to RE? Or do you just try to choose an area that all/most of the pokemon are ones you would like to have as shinies?

I'm also curious... those of you who SR, is there a way to actually tell how many times you SR or do you count? How do you keep track if it's actually counting?

Years
I just use a calculator to count my soft reset lol. Gl on both ur shinies guys :). I feel for you trying to hatch an evee, i hatched 2500+ litwick eggs and never got one :(, that hunt has been going on for 1+ year lol. I just choose an area to random encounter that has a shiny i particularly like, but chances are you may get another. I think im going to update my sig this morning.

UPDATE: 3204 drifloon resets

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
e6cb7c98-274e-4e9e-bb59-134d79dd47f3.jpg

Well... not what I was looking for but I do love purple. ^_^;; 342 RE for my first hunted shiny! :D

So another curiosity question, if you guys are hunting a shiny through RE and you get a different one in that area (I was looking for mienfoo and got amoonguss), do you keep going or do you give up and try for a different pokemon somewhere else?

Years
Nice amoongus ^^, i would just move to a different area where mienfoo could be found because if i had found 2 of the same shiny, i wouldnt be very happy lol. But its your choice entirely.

And lol i just realized all of my random encounter shiny pokémon are gold or yellow >___> thats kind of strange.

Years
e6cb7c98-274e-4e9e-bb59-134d79dd47f3.jpg

Well... not what I was looking for but I do love purple. ^_^;; 342 RE for my first hunted shiny! :D

So another curiosity question, if you guys are hunting a shiny through RE and you get a different one in that area (I was looking for mienfoo and got amoonguss), do you keep going or do you give up and try for a different pokemon somewhere else?

Congratulations (another Shiny?! Oh my days!)
How did your first hunted shiny feel?
As to your questions~ when I SR, I use my computer for entertainment I.E. streaming movies, and also have the calculator/s up that I need. A tip for that: when you start, do your number of RE's plus one, press equals, and just press equals/the enter key whenever you SR :3
I haven't completed an RE hunt yet, but I suppose it depends. If I was looking for a specific shiny I'd probably hunt till I get it, but I generally just pick places with lots of shinies I like. ^_^

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Woah, so many shinies!! Way to go, that's some incredible luck! :O

Congrats to PekoponTAS for winning the monthly quest! I also really like your Pickup idea - sounds like a great way to make RE hunting more fun! I think I'll try that next time I have an RE hunt!

Welcome to the club drewbie411, Bern, Dr.Josh, and VentusS!

Now it's time for...*drumroll*...

The April Monthly Quest!!

Happy April! April is a pretty rainy month...

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who can learn Rain Dance! Extra points for a shiny Kyogre or Drizzle Politoed!

The contest lasts until midnight EST on May 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

For me, it usually depends on whether I was hunting for a specific Pokemon or if I just thought the route had a lot of cool shinies. Normally I'll just look for one and then move to another hunt after finding one, but when I'm looking looking for a particular Pokemon (like my Golett hunt), I'll keep REing until I find one, even after I found shiny Druddigon. Axiom 22! :D

Should i evolve her into a Crobat? Should i transfer it to my diamond? >____>

I love box hunting! It's like free shinies, but they're all yours! :pink_laugh:

I like to leave my shinies in the lowest generation of games, since they can never go back. It's fun to keep them in the games you caught them on. Hey, even your games can have shiny races!

Diamond: Haha, I have seven shinies!
FireRed: Darn it, I only have two!
Diamond: "lol"
FireRed: I'll catch up to you some day! *hunts*

Just kind of curious, but does any one have a favourite generation of shinies to hunt? Personally I like looking for Hoenn shinies since that seems to be the one game where they understood what made shinies cool and had radically different colour schemes. Also since random encountering is my favourite way to shiny hunt, Ruby and Sapphire are great choices since there's a ton of options in the wild in those games. FireRed and Leafgreen don't have a ton of great choices for random encounter hunting. :/

I like 3rd gen too, but 4th gen is also cool...actually, 2nd gen might be the best...gah! They're all fantastic. For SRing, though, 3rd gen (including FRLG) is my favorite, since the SR is much quicker. I can probably do 10 3rd gen SRs in the time it takes to do one 5th gen SR, haha. As for the Pokemon, though, 3rd and 4th are probably my favorites.

Has anybody else received a drifloon through SR before?

Yes! Drifloon is one of my favorite shinies. You don't even need to pay close attention - you'll see that bright yellow from a mile away!! Good luck!

What is the best shiny in Gen III in your opinion? :)

The answer to this question is Rayquaza. This is a silly question, "lol." DO NOT QUESTION THE INFINITE COOLNESS OF SHINY RAYQUAZA!! :P

@Flydro Perhaps you'd like to race for Eevee? I'm Masudaing, so the odds are a bit unfair, but it's all for fun^^

I've also been hunting for Eevee (for a few years now, "lol"), so if you want a Great Eevee Race, I'm in! And since egg hatching takes longer than SRs, the odds even themselves out when you consider time. :)

Eevee: 5374
Golett: 850

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
It's funny, Shinyeevee and I were in the chat, and I 100% predicted what the april quest was gonna be. XD Glad my shiny beedrill didn't apply to it. : )

As for me, I think that I'll keep hunting in Viridian Forest for Shiny Caterpie or Metapod. Like I said, Butterfree and Beedrill are two of my favourites, so I'd love to have both. I'm also a big enough fan of Beedrill that I wouldn't be upset if I found a second Shiny Weedle. :3

Oh, and does the rain dance quest apply to pokemon who can learn it by TM?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
It's funny, Shinyeevee and I were in the chat, and I 100% predicted what the april quest was gonna be. XD Glad my shiny beedrill didn't apply to it. : )

Oh, and does the rain dance quest apply to pokemon who can learn it by TM?

Haha, that's awesome! :cer_laugh:

And yes, it counts if they can learn it by TM! The list of Pokemon who learn it through leveling up is pretty limited, so any shiny that could potentially learn the move counts for the quest.

Good luck on your hunt for Caterpie!

Years
@ G-Money: how many drifloon resets did it take you, ballpark it if you dont know exactly :3. Do chained shinys count for the monthly quest lol.

@PekoponTAS: Want to race for shiny caterpie/metapod? :D

UPDATE: 3400 drifloon resets gahhhhhhh

I just discovered what the old lavender town theme sounded like in Gen I, its so... hypnotic @__@.

And to inspire some other discussions, what would you do if you were to find a shiny while in the safari zone? I think i would throw as many balls as possible and pray lol ;D. Or smash my DS into thousands of tiny pieces....

Years
Hello everybody, I'm new to the shiny hunting community, only been doing it for about 2 weeks. My current hunt is for the Johto starters in my HeartGold (SR - 1045 so far), Turtwig in my Pearl (SR - no count), Piplup in my Diamond (SR - no count), and Axew in my Black 2 (MM - 120 so far) and so far I have...

Chikorita - Male
Nickname: Moss
Nature: Careful - Capable of Taking Hits
SR - 119

Scolipede - Female
Nickname: Zoey
Nature: Adamant - Mischievous
RE (Not hunting, really just random)

If there is any advice some of you more veteran shiny hunters could offer that'd be awesome. My hardware is 3 3DSs and a DS Lite and my games are FireRed, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver, HeartGold, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 (1 copy each).

Years
Try and do many hunts at once, im sring on 2 ds's for drifloon while encountering on firered and leafgreen at the same time. I found 2 shinys yesterday so i like this method so far :D. It will go by quickly if u stay focused.

Update: 4102 soft resets for drifloon -.-. This feels like an eternity :(, i hope it shines before 8192.....

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Oh wow... I missed a lot.... Congrats on all the shinies and welcome to anyone new who may have appeared!

I myself am being fickle on my RE hunt in W2. Right now I'm outside reversal mountain at about 50 REs but I dunno if I should stay there or move somewhere else. Anyone got any suggestions? (I'm rocking the shiny charm soooo)

Years
Woah, so many shinies!! Way to go, that's some incredible luck! :O

Congrats to PekoponTAS for winning the monthly quest! I also really like your Pickup idea - sounds like a great way to make RE hunting more fun! I think I'll try that next time I have an RE hunt!

Welcome to the club drewbie411, Bern, Dr.Josh, and VentusS!

Now it's time for...*drumroll*...

The April Monthly Quest!!

Happy April! April is a pretty rainy month...

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who can learn Rain Dance! Extra points for a shiny Kyogre or Drizzle Politoed!

The contest lasts until midnight EST on May 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

For me, it usually depends on whether I was hunting for a specific Pokemon or if I just thought the route had a lot of cool shinies. Normally I'll just look for one and then move to another hunt after finding one, but when I'm looking looking for a particular Pokemon (like my Golett hunt), I'll keep REing until I find one, even after I found shiny Druddigon. Axiom 22! :D

I love box hunting! It's like free shinies, but they're all yours! :pink_laugh:

I like to leave my shinies in the lowest generation of games, since they can never go back. It's fun to keep them in the games you caught them on. Hey, even your games can have shiny races!

Diamond: Haha, I have seven shinies!
FireRed: Darn it, I only have two!
Diamond: "lol"
FireRed: I'll catch up to you some day! *hunts*

I like 3rd gen too, but 4th gen is also cool...actually, 2nd gen might be the best...gah! They're all fantastic. For SRing, though, 3rd gen (including FRLG) is my favorite, since the SR is much quicker. I can probably do 10 3rd gen SRs in the time it takes to do one 5th gen SR, haha. As for the Pokemon, though, 3rd and 4th are probably my favorites.

Yes! Drifloon is one of my favorite shinies. You don't even need to pay close attention - you'll see that bright yellow from a mile away!! Good luck!

The answer to this question is Rayquaza. This is a silly question, "lol." DO NOT QUESTION THE INFINITE COOLNESS OF SHINY RAYQUAZA!! :P

I've also been hunting for Eevee (for a few years now, "lol"), so if you want a Great Eevee Race, I'm in! And since egg hatching takes longer than SRs, the odds even themselves out when you consider time. :)

Eevee: 5374
Golett: 850

I'd love to race!^^
I probably won't end up completing the monthly quest. As it stands I have a lot of hunting of other targets to do :3

I just discovered what the old lavender town theme sounded like in Gen I, its so... hypnotic @__@.
I can't listen to that (through headphones!) It legit gives me headaches. I see migraine auras for hours afterwards... ugh. My boyfriend seems to like toying with me with it though, he sings it sometimes :3

Updates:
Eevee MM - 1015 Eggs
Moltres SR - 814 SRs

I ordered a Firered that should be here on Thursday or so. I kind of want both these hunts done by then, so it looks like some mad hunting ahead...

Last edited:
Back