• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interest Check: I Had an Idea

Years
Would anyone be interested in a game that's kind of vanilla, but the number of votes everyone gets during each day phase varies by RNG?

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
It'd depend i think.

If you had a range from 0-4, then maybe (perhaps different ranges for each roles), but it could get complex quite quickly

Years
It'd depend i think.

If you had a range from 0-4, then maybe (perhaps different ranges for each roles), but it could get complex quite quickly

I was thinking more like I'd RNG at the beginning of day and then that many people would die in the lynch or something like that.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I don't think it's a good idea. Randomness is something I try to limit in mafia games. Player-created randomness is one thing, but the GM shouldn't make it too difficult to discern what is happening.

On a mechanical level, I agree - mostly because basic things you want your players to know what happened and stuff you explain in the rules/mechanics and such in the OP. But I do believe, game-dependent, that things could be left obscure at times to make things interesting - so long as it is done in a balanced manner... which is easier said than done.

Back