• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The feelling dex: indigo platue (by princess garghelina)

Years
Share your feellings when to enter the indigo platue i,e what the feellings come in your mind when entering the indigo plave afraid,happy, feelling proud that you make your way to indigo platue? All of this are shared here. Got it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
The first time, back in Red, I suppose I was proud, and a little nervous about the challenge ahead. The "no turning back" thing seemed like a big deal at the time. I was also relieved to have made it through Victory Road, as I had a bit of trouble with the boulder puzzles on my first time through the game.

Now? Psyched for the end of the game, I guess, and the culmination of my journey. Confident that I can crush the Elite Four with relative ease. Sometimes a little frustrated by how much easier the games are today than they were when I was eight or so. And probably most of all, nostalgic for the years that have passed since I set out on my very first journey with Squirtle.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The first time I was allowed through all the gym badge checks was so incredibly cool. Victory Road was awful, but when the music of the Pokémon League came and I walked up to the pokémon center there, it was just exhilarating. Heck, it still is! Colorless graphics and old music don't bother me, the moment is really a climax after having journeyed through the whole region.

.. itching to play Yellow again now.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I didn't feel jack getting to the Indigio Plateu, but I did cry and thank my pokemon when i beat the elite four for the first time because as an incredibly stupid 8 year old it was such a wild achievement winning the game with a team who's content and levels looked like they were picked from a randomiser

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Luckily, since my 11th birthday, I'd replay and re-strategize, re-build my party. (often w/ a Magmar/Electabuzz.) One thing never escapes me, how laughably fortunate I was to stroll right through from Pallet to the Champion seat w/ only using Bulbasaur. How I managed to beat Charizard w/ Venusaur was beyond me, must've been over-levelled, poor opponents. (Wait, I must've beat both Gengars AND Dragonite w/ Venusaur as well. Wow, WAY too lucky.)

Whatever the game, the atmosphere replays itself upon the very first entry. (I was incredibly wide-eyed approaching S/M's League.) W/ Venusaur in hand, I must've glanced at that building forever, it seemed like minutes before I would collect my composure and readily stock up on items. "Is Venusaur gonna lose? E4, huh? I gotta fight four people?" Not even occurring to me that dear ol' Blue was gonna jump me after I'd FINALLY beat Lance.

I remember the shattering of my excitement. "You are finally the Champion, or at least, you would have been..." Lance wanted to mess with your head a bit, before revealing a big surprise, (Only applies to those playing for the first time. After the thousandth, I only feign surprise.) being the only person to make it past the then-Champion Lance would be your rival. (Also, to date, being the only rival to ever make it to Champion seat.)

With Ice Beam, the E4 are simply old rivals there to test my strength and patience on. And farming. Mad farming. You can't get more exp than E4.

Back