• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Mobile GB

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
In the Japanese Pokemon Crystal, there was a service known as Mobile GB in which you'd hook your Game Boy Color up to a very specific cellphone service. This was the only way to get Celebi in the Japanese Pokemon Crystal. It also... wasn't a free service. This service was shut down rather quickly, too, and it's understandable why.

Did anyone here ever experience this? I obviously did not.

Years
My uncle was in Japan around the time of Pokemon Crystal's release, I don't remember much about it, but I do know that he had a Japanese version of Celebi on his copy of Pokemon Crystal; I had always wondered where he had gotten it, I naturally didn't experience this either as I was really young, but I'll have to double check with him. He was a very avid Pokemon player at the time.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Oh. It's cool we can get the event in English now with the Virtual Console release of Pokemon Crystal.

Back