• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Maps] Kanto, Johto, Hoenn RMXP map packs

kingkaiultraron

kingkaiultraron
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
That sucks to hear. I might try and recreate the kanto maps and then carry on to the other regions. Hopefully someone tries to recreate the project.

Thorinox

Metagross King
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Awesome that the links are necro'ed, may I ask tho, are the events set to run right off the bat or do I need to edit them?

That sucks to hear. I might try and recreate the kanto maps and then carry on to the other regions. Hopefully someone tries to recreate the project.

If you do, let me know, im helping a buddy with his game that goes through every region till they get to his region.

8bitpokemon

How do I use this? I'm a noob and I don't know what to do :P

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
The big image in the post can be used as a tileset for tiled map editor (mapeditor.org).
To use it, make sure your map uses 32x32 tiles, and add the tileset with spacing set to 2px.
Just sharing my knowledge.

Years
I keep getting this error whenever I load up a New Game:

Script 'PField_RoamingPokemon' line 52: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method '<=' for [5, 20, :STARLY, 12, 15 ]:Array

I don't know how to fix this could you please help?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
Hi, I have a problem because I have no idea how to add these maps to the program. "Unexpected File Format"

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Hi, I have a problem because I have no idea how to add these maps to the program. "Unexpected File Format"

I think the correct way to do it is to first create a blank map in your game for every map you want to import. This will create MapXXX files in your Data folder and update the MapInfos datafile as well. Second you can know replace those blank files with the ones you want to import. Then you have to set the right tilesets for those maps in the database and you should be fine. See the link below for more info:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8959356#post8959356

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I have a question about these tilesets. Some of them included in the download have long tileset image files that I find to be quite long and rather hindering in the creativity.

Considering I intend on using these to build my game, and eventually release it, I wanted to ask if I can edit the tileset files so they are smaller in length and easier to work with?

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hi there,
First of all, I would like to say that this pack is terrific! But there's just one problem-
I can't seem to fix this-
My player can walk literally(well,almost) everywhere-trees,rivers,walls, you name it. I tried fixing it in the Tileset Editor, by setting them all to non-passable, fixing the priorities and stuff. Now the player doesn't walk through the buildings, though it still walks through trees and those grass-wall thingies. I have tried everything-passage,priority.
This problem mainly persists in Hoenn region, which was the region I was going to work on (Just my Luck!)
What do I do now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
(Sorry for my bad english i'm having the software in French i will probaby not use the right technical terms)

@Soccersam On the higher lvl, sometime, instead of having a blank sprite that not impact the "praticabilty" (place you can walk or not), you have a blank sprite that make the place praticable whaterver it have under. So you need to use the fill item to be turn all the blank item of the higher map in yellow sprite (it doesnt matter what you choose but Yellow help to see fast if you didnt forget any blank place) When you are sure you have replaced all the blank sprite from the higher lvl map and replace by yellow sprite, you select the first blank sprite of the tilset and you use fill item to turn eery yellow sprite into the good blank sprite one.

(I'm not sure if i'm clear, it's quite hard to speak technical english when you dont have the technical terms :x)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
as i already had an original region made, i had to re place and manually edit every single transition in all those maps. A tiresome chore, but worth it for the sake of having a good game.

Thank you, now i just have to make Sinnoh and Unova as no one seem to done that already

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Excuse me!
Can you upload your metadata.txt to we get these maps? I try to connect maps but i dont :/
im usin EBS and v17.2 and RPG XP.

Really, all yours maps so beautifull. Congratz!

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Excuse me!
Can you upload your metadata.txt to we get these maps? I try to connect maps but i dont :/
im usin EBS and v17.2 and RPG XP.

Really, all yours maps so beautifull. Congratz!

don't have it any more sorry

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
How do I set the new maps to the right tilesets and get the new tilesets to appear? I'm new at this

Back