The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Tool TSK's Shiny Chance Changing tool[v2.1 released: Graphical User Interface, Ruby support]

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Old February 10th, 2018 (7:52 AM).

Hi, I was wondering if you could add sapphire support? I don't have a ruby rom and everywhere i search the rom got deleted. If not that's fine it's cool.

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 13th, 2018 (9:58 AM).

Hello! I was wondering if the tool works on randomized ROMs. I randomized a normal Ruby and it was picked up fine by the program, and I was just wondering whether that's just a little technical thing that doesn't work on this or not. Thanks.
      Old May 11th, 2018 (5:35 AM).
      Furret-loving Iskallian

Nature: Timid
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TSK View Post
        The final check for shininess compares a 16 bit derived from the Pokemon's PID, the Trainer ID and the Secret ID to an 8 bit value, which is 8 normally. If the 16 bit value is smaller than the 8 bit value the mon is shiny. So under normal circumstances 8(0-7) out of 65535 values result in a shiny, or 1 in 8192. I could have edited that 8 bit value and the maximum shiny chance would have been 255 divided by 65535 or 1 in 256, decent odds but I wanted to be able to do better. I decided to use an in-place replacement of the instructions to avoid that users that had already altered their ROMs would not have any of their edits overwritten or corrupted. In order to get the needed space for this I had to change the way the 16-bit check value is determined.
        Okay, so what where do I go in the ROM to edit the shiny rate that way?

Quick Reply