• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] List & Chit-Chat on ALL Pokémon Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivoo

If any mods are reading this, go ahead and delete
Years
PokeSpe is definitely my favorite too :) but Ruby is a bit OP imo haha. He's fab at contests and he's somehow really strong in battling too. Couldn't they have let Sapphire have that bit?

After creeping about this thread, I've finally decided that I'm going to get out of denial and admit I quite like the manga. So, uh, hello.

Also yeah, agreed. Sapphire needed a lot more refining as a character in her arc; Ruby got most of the spotlight. not that this is unusual for girls in pokéspe (with the exception of Platina), but Sapphire wasn't very interesting to begin with.

Years
Hello everyone. :) I'd like to ask you, are you currently reading the Pokemon Adventures/Special Manga? And if so, what volume are you currently on? I finished volume seven a LONG time ago and I still need to buy the Gold, Silver, and Crystal volumes.

Years
Hello everyone. :) I'd like to ask you, are you currently reading the Pokemon Adventures/Special Manga? And if so, what volume are you currently on? I finished volume seven a LONG time ago and I still need to buy the Gold, Silver, and Crystal volumes.
Hi! Yes, I'm reading Pokéspe. Well, here in my country we only have the first 4 volumes of B/W, but I'm finishing the B/W chapter and starting the ORAS chapter.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I still haven't had the time to read the OR/AS arc of PokéSpe. Is it any good? Are they acknowleding things that happened in the R/S and Emerald arcs?

One thing I've always been curious about was seeing how Ruby turned out when he grew up. You know, seeing all the horrible stuff that happened in the Bad Ending to the R/S chapter must have been really hard for him. And I'm afraid that faking amnesia is not a really good way to cope with what he's been through. I always wondered if Kusaka was ever going to do anything about this situation.

(Also I know the thread is a bit older than 30 days but maybe, being the substitute for the manga sub-section, this thread is an exception to the 30 days rule?)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Seeing as torshavn hasn't gotten in trouble yet I only gt a couple chapters into XY and OrAs, but there are a couple references I think.....

The only thing I was curious about was whether they canonize Franticshipping I like how every Hoenn Arc has to have a deadline. RS-80 day bet E-1 week OrAs-10 days til meteor shower. It's not Hoenn unless there's a deadline. XD

As far as I am- I've read RBG-HGSS and trying to reread BW on a reliable source because BW had different magazines with different chapters right? I was really confused, but I think I finished it. I read the prologue to BW2 and a couple chapers of XY and OrAs. Probably about to go read some new chapters. XD

Totally read that as 'pokesexy'

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 4, 2015
Can someone link me a site where I can read or preferably download '' The electric tale of Pikachu' Manga?, I cant seem to find it anywhere

Years
Can someone link me a site where I can read or preferably download '' The electric tale of Pikachu' Manga?, I cant seem to find it anywhere
Hiya Matt! Unfortunately, we can't directly link to any of the manga, since it's against site rules. Google's definitely a thing though. Try typing in The Electric Tale of Pikachu chapter one- you should find a few links to it right away!

And sorry for the late reply, but to those asking- yes, this thread is exempt from the 30 day revival rule (that's why it's stickied!).

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
New ORAS Chapter raw--
http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/book/detail-book/book_group_id/341/

Summary from Coronis--

Brief summary:
After taking a pee, Emerald turns around and is astonished by the mysterious ring, which appears to be held by a hand in silhouette. It attacks him, and he quickly retreats to his room with Sapphire to grab his E-shooter. Sending out Sceptile to fight, he faces the silhouetted Pokemon, and decides to try pacifying it with the Sea Mauville soil. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, and Steven arrives at the scene. Steven wants to avoid straining Sceptile since its efforts are needed, and Mega Evolves Metagross to fight. However, the silhouetted Pokemon is too fast even for Mega Metagross. Emerald tries another soil type, but apparently it fails to pacify the Pokemon successfully. The Pokemon then vanishes, and Emerald explains all about his E-shooter and soil to Steven. He notes that the second soil type he used was from the Faraway Island, and is shocked why it didn't work since it theoretically works on all Pokemon, with Mew being the ancestor of all species. However, there is something more unsettling, and Emerald questions if they are really facing one single Pokemon, because he felt the gaze of another Pokemon within the ring.

Back at the Sky Pillar, Ruby takes off on Latios after having checked out all 49 floors and taking snapshots of the mural. He sees the chains and recalls how Norman ad Wally had to work in sync previously to reach Rayquaza. Thinking back on Zinnia's words, especially about the incident 9 years ago, he wonders if Zinnia's method to stop the meteor involves Rayquaza. Latios wants to know how Ruby came to know of Zinnia, and Ruby gets a flashback of the time right after he and Emerald were bestowed upon their task by Steven. Emerald wonders if Ruby will talk to his other loved ones about the impending crisis, and Ruby thinks of his family, Wallace, Birch and Wally. However, he is reluctant to do so, because he hates to see the despair on their faces. Emerald feels the same, and he wishes not to bring the bad news to Crys and the Trick Master. Ruby suddenly thinks of Courtney, who would probably share his feelings since she did suggest he keep Sapphire out of danger in the last incident. He has no idea of her whereabouts now, but still holds onto the Memory Lighter she gave him. He decides to dig deeper into its memory with Emerald to see if he finds anything, and to his surprise, sees an incident where Courtney was confronting a spy disguised as a Magma member, who turns out to be Zinnia. Zinnia mentioned in the flashback that she was a descendant of the Draconids whose ancestors built the Sky Pillar, and that she has already accomplished her goal as a spy and made her departure. Maxie stopped Courtney from chasing after Zinnia, and revealed that it was Zinnia who told him all about Groudon and how to awaken it (akin to the ORAS games I guess). He didn't care about her true intentions, since he got what he needed.

Ruby explains to Latios that he became more intrigued when he saw the Salamence in the memory flashback, and thus wanted to meet Zinnia. However, he feels stressed since he might need to have a heavy conversation with Steven. Latios wonders why, and Ruby says after hearing Zinnia's words, he wonders if it is best that he and Devon step away from what they're doing and just leave it to the Draconids to do their job, since they have foreseen it 1000 years ago and have been planning on how to divert the crisis all these years. Latios wonders if Ruby really trusts Zinnia and her people since they did cause pain to him and Norman. Ruby says he is a little angry, but the two things are separate. After all, nothing will be left if their planet is destroyed, which is why he would rather trust Zinnia, although she has bad personality, a bad mouth, bad attitude, verbally provocative, doesn't listen to others, and is extremely selfish. Latios sweatdrops that Ruby doesn't seem to be just a 'little' angry.

Ruby points out that Devon sees the Draconids letter of warning as an act of threat, and the Draconids view Devon as the enemy. He has no idea why, but he thinks they have no time to let this rivalry get in their way. Latios thinks Ruby is becoming mature, but Ruby has no idea how to bring this message across to Steven with the right words. Latios agrees, and remembers what Ruby says about a person having bad personality, a bad mouth, bad attitude, verbally provocative, doesn't listen to others, and is extremely selfish (clearly pointing to Ruby himself). Ruby wants to know what Latios means, but Latios tells him to forget it. Suddenly, Latios makes a halt, and they are confronted by three men riding on Flygons with Mawile, Sableye and Slowbro (note the patterns on their headbands are the same as those on Zinnia's leg brace, so they are most likely Draconids). The three are clearly targetting Ruby and demand an answer why he was at the Sky Pillar...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
I was about to post about this. X and Y sound like weird names for people and so does Whi-Two and Lack-Two, but "Lack Two and Whi Two is a bit more creative imo. But really though, I get their names are based on the titles of the games, but these sound so silly for names. Though we do have a character named N so..... I can't imagine a person naming their kid X or Y though. XD
In the German version those are just nicknames and Ys real name is Yvonne Gabena.
Well, they broke that in the second saga already. Yellow was the fourth in Kanto, remember?

Where they three in BW? Black, White and... N? I haven't finished reading that saga.
I feel like putting that in spoilers. I hope it works:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Is PokeSpe BW2 for sale yet? I mean, is the Volume completed and translated or what? because I can't find any news about it or even scans and the XY and ORAS arcs are getting so much attention.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Does anyone have Toshihiro Ono's "Surf's Up, Pikachu"? I bought all four volumes of the American Dengeki Pikachu release but unfortunately the "pin-ups" (color pages at the beginning of each volume) are missing in my copy. Could anyone please post scans or photos of these? I'm really curious especially since one of those pages is a comic page.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
could you give me a link to pokemon adventures manga from black and white 2 and above?
No, that's really hard to find apparently. Maybe it's still not out in volume form? At least not in English.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
For those curious about B2W2 from PokeSpe, they stopped releasing that arc in the magazines once the X and Y storyline started up. We have to wait for the compiling into volumes to see the rest of that arc. Fingers crossed for a lot of post-magazine-release chapters!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Yeah, its quite unfortunate that the manga has to quickly switch gears to the next arc for hype and advertisement for the release of new games in Japan due to the loss of continuity. I'm not sure if it has ever been this backlogged for so long, but Yamamoto must be on a massive timecrunch since he has to wrap up both B2W2 and XY chaps behind the scenes as they have moved to publishing ORAS chapters since the game's release in late 2014.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just hope the storylines don't get rushed and squished ;;

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, its quite unfortunate that the manga has to quickly switch gears to the next arc for hype and advertisement for the release of new games in Japan due to the loss of continuity. I'm not sure if it has ever been this backlogged for so long, but Yamamoto must be on a massive timecrunch since he has to wrap up both B2W2 and XY chaps behind the scenes as they have moved to publishing ORAS chapters since the game's release in late 2014.

But Yamamoto still write better story then Pokemon anime!
Its something that Atsuhiro Tomioka (Head writer) can't do despite having 5 or 6 writers helping him.
Anothr fact , Yamamoto doesn't put any limitation of PokeSpe protagonist!
Considering there are PokeSpe Protagonist who caught legendary Pokemon , Beaten E4 member and won The League.
While , The Anime completely obsessed with Ash's Limitation!
Every series they puts a new limitation on Ash.
For example : Yamamoto gave ''X'' a Mega Ring at the beginning of the story and use it to connect him with Team Flare.
While , The Anime doing whatever they can to keep Ash away from Megevolution because they think its too OP for Ash.

Years
Oh my gosh the world of Pokemon Manga seems so confusing to me!

Anyway, I've taken the plunge and ordered my first one today! I decided to start with Black & White and have ordered the first collection. Afterwards I saw that there was a difference between Black & White and Black & White Adventures so I hope I haven't made a mistake!

I wish there was a section for Manga on Pokemon.com so you could easily tell what had been officially released in your country.

I see there's a few issues of XY available, how frequently are they released?

Are there any good sites to order them from other than Amazon or eBay? (I'm in the UK)

I'm excited to start my Pokemon Manga journey!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I see there's a few issues of XY available, how frequently are they released?
I would stick with Amazon as far as ordering them goes. o: But that's just me.

Also, as far as I know, there's only one volume of the X and Y manga released in English, and there's three total in Japan so far. There's usually a number of months in between volume releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back