• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon ElegantEmerald (1.3 released)

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
hi the game has great features but you can add more like

1adding mega evolution to gen 1to 3 pokemon
2black and white repel system
3day and night system
4adding some secret areas in hoenn
5adding gen 1 and 2 legendaries
6adding the nintendo event of deoxys and others

1. No mega evolutions will be added (too much work, plus i don't like megas)
2. Will definitely be added in the future
3. I don't think it looks to good when warping (and it seems to mess up trades)
4. Maybe :)
5. Gen 1 and 2 legendaries are there (all 386 as stated in op)
6. The events are there too

will national dex be given in starting

Yep, national dex is given as soon as you'd usually get the regular dex

PurpleOrange

Years
Looking at the first post, what does "Nintendo styled Legendary Pokémon battles" mean?

it means that running away, capturing it, and killing it, all have different outcomes like all the other legendary battles in the game. many of the hacks i've played just use a hidesprite and setflag, and it doesn't fit in with the rest of the legendary battles. The legends also have there own battle music, like the regis do.

PurpleOrange

Years
ElegantEmerald 1.3 is out! ^^

Updated features:
- Team Magma and Aqua have a wider range of pokemon in their teams (less annoying zubat!)
- All 4 of Deoxy's formes are available at some point in the game

(not as many changes in this update but I still felt it was necessary)
(also if anyone has any features they'd like to see in this hack, I'd love to hear them because I've ran out of ideas it will improve the hack)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I don't know if anyone else agrees but one thing which I like seeing in Gen 3 hacks/Sideshows is "Decapitalization" or not making eveything have full caps for the name.

The only other thing I could think of is adding custom items, although I don't know the extend of your ability to hack, or even moving items so they're obtainable before E4, Choice Band ect.

PurpleOrange

Years
I don't know if anyone else agrees but one thing which I like seeing in Gen 3 hacks/Sideshows is "Decapitalization" or not making eveything have full caps for the name.

The only other thing I could think of is adding custom items, although I don't know the extend of your ability to hack, or even moving items so they're obtainable before E4, Choice Band ect.

Well as I said in a earlier post, I think the decapitalization makes it look ugly, for me anyway :)
Although I could, I don't think adding custom items is really that necessary (besides, I wouldn't even know what items to add)
I think moving items like the choice band so they're available before the elite 4 would make it too easy to defeat the elite 4, no?
Thanks for the suggestions though, it's much appreciated :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
you can add black and white repel system i think you should add new features like hidden grotto like in pokemon gaia and dream world or new secret ares in hoenn where legendaries of future gen are there and change team of battle froniter you should add mega evo

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Make it simple.
We have few very good hacks with these all awesome features like expanded pokedex, new moves, abilities, decapitalizations... this is cool but some simple hack with less changes would be awesome.
Maybe change few gym leaders? Or just types used in gyms...

PurpleOrange

Years
you can add black and white repel system i think you should add new features like hidden grotto like in pokemon gaia and dream world or new secret ares in hoenn where legendaries of future gen are there and change team of battle froniter you should add mega evo

- If you look at this thread you'll see that so far there isn't a good bw repel system yet :)
- Hidden grotto were only there to give pokemon their hidden abilities which my hack doesn't have
- Dream world is not possible in any way (and who would even want that?)
- Only the first 386 pokemon are gonna be in it, hence it's a the 386 hack
- I don't really like mega evolutions, plus their isn't realy a good system for them yet

Make it simple.
We have few very good hacks with these all awesome features like expanded pokedex, new moves, abilities, decapitalizations... this is cool but some simple hack with less changes would be awesome.
Maybe change few gym leaders? Or just types used in gyms...

The gym leaders and types are all gonna stay the same for this hack, I've never had any intentions of altering them :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I... don't know.
Replace or add few moves. There is no special DARK move for now.
sad_houndoom_is_sad___c_by_cassidyshy6899-d5ur3sm.png

Say "There is no useful DARK moves for you". Say it!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I... don't know.
Replace or add few moves. There is no special DARK move for now.
sad_houndoom_is_sad___c_by_cassidyshy6899-d5ur3sm.png

Say "There is no useful DARK moves for you". Say it!

Not a huge problem, Houndoom 90 base Attack, still good, only problem is he splits EVs between offensive stats, but who cares about competitive in hacks?

Besides he still decimates most Psychics with physical Crunch. Houndoom with zero Attack EVs and -Atk nature 2HKOes Alakazam with full Defense investment and +Def nature with Crunch... It's unlikely you'll find Alakazam with full Defense investment as enemy due to how the game is... In fact make it never since Alakazam would rather use EVs in Speed and offensive... And most Psychics have shit Defense just like Alakazam, so Crunch running off lesser offensive stat isn't a big loss really.

I think Houndoom is the only Dark-type that loses from having physical Dark moves... Sacrifices have to be made. Of course, 90 base Attack is same power as derps like Mightyena... But Houndoom is still vastly more useful, has a second type, better moves, and faster too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So, after seeing this hack I decided I'd just play through this hack, give it a go.
And I have to say, it's not too bad. However, I have to say that for the most part this feels more like a minor mod of Emerald, with a few new Pokémon, rather than a 386 hack. It's not too bad, but for the most part it feels unchanged from the original.

Difficulty-wise, it wasn't too bad. I only needed to grind to prepare for the E4, but otherwise I could just play.

Anyway, my final team for the game was:
Blaziken (55), Kangaskahn (53), Altaria (54), Ludicolo (53), Dugtrio (52), Minun (52)

I haven't had a chance to look for any one-off or legendaries yet, although I did pick up a Treecko.

Only improvements I would suggest: more trainer and wild variance, and a place to train more easily for the E4 (there was a shortage of high level trainers outside Victory Road). Otherwise, keep it up.

PurpleOrange

Years
So, after seeing this hack I decided I'd just play through this hack, give it a go.
And I have to say, it's not too bad. However, I have to say that for the most part this feels more like a minor mod of Emerald, with a few new Pokémon, rather than a 386 hack. It's not too bad, but for the most part it feels unchanged from the original.

Difficulty-wise, it wasn't too bad. I only needed to grind to prepare for the E4, but otherwise I could just play.

Anyway, my final team for the game was:
Blaziken (55), Kangaskahn (53), Altaria (54), Ludicolo (53), Dugtrio (52), Minun (52)

I haven't had a chance to look for any one-off or legendaries yet, although I did pick up a Treecko.

Only improvements I would suggest: more trainer and wild variance, and a place to train more easily for the E4 (there was a shortage of high level trainers outside Victory Road). Otherwise, keep it up.

Senpai noticed me!

Adding more variance of pokemon is definitely something that is going to happen, and has been bugging me for a while (laziness got the better of me :3c). I did change the trainer pokemon to include more but I never tested it so I didn't know if there were enough new pokemon. The levels are the same as they were in original emerald so blame nintendo {XD} however I am currently working on two higher difficulty's for this hack right now, so maybe that will fix that problem of not enough high level trainers outside victory road. Thanks for playing the hack, and giving feedback, and happy hunting for legendaries! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2016
Battle Frontier movesets are Physical/Special (Gen4) or still Gen3 type?

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Can someone offer an opinion on this before I download? Are the gyms teams difficult?

noparlpf

Pokémon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
Do you mind telling us how trade-evo Pokémon evolve in this version? I might want my Slowpoke to evolve into Slowking instead of Slowbro.

Back