• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite superhero movies

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
What superhero movies do you really like and why?

My top 5 list here is in no order, also people say only recently have superhero movies have been good but really Spider-Man 2 and Superman still hold up as one of the best superhero movies despite their age.

- Spider-Man 2 (2004) Parker is pretty relatable in this film more than other cinematic heroes. I like how dorky Tobey makes Parker, and how Peter struggles with college life, paying rent, relationship problems etc. He's a responsible, mild mannered and caring hero and the train scene is also one of the best action sequences in superhero movies. Despite how this movie is ragged on especially compared to modern Spider-Man films like Homecoming or TASM, but even if it's a little cheesy and inaccurate to the comics it's a good film

- Superman (1978) Original superhero film, Superman/Clark Kent dynamic is great, Lois's reaction to Superman is funny and iconic and Christopher Reeve depicts a friendly, humble and charming Superman or "a friend" to sum it up.

- The Dark Knight (2008) good Batman film, it is overrated by many but is still a fantastic film that depicts a different comic inaccurate but still interesting Batman story.

- Iron Man (2008) One of the best MCU film. It isn't sprinkled with comedic/quipping in every scene and has scenes showing Iron Man doing heroic things. The Gulmira scene is memorable

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) A solo Cap film unlike Civil War. Great choreographed fight scenes. And a little slice of life of Cap getting use to his new life.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I don't know if it technically counts as a superhero film, but everything from Godzilla would be my favorite, with Godzilla vs Mothra being #1.

Aside from that, my #1 favorite was Ant-Man.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
1. The Dark Knight - The best, hands down. Saw it four times in the theater.
2. The Avengers - This movie definitely delivered. With all the hype they knocked it out of the park.
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - I really loved this movie. Even better than the first.
4. Winter Soldier - Not much to say, just an excellent thriller.
5. Superman II - I prefer it to the original mainly because of Terrance Stamp and Gene Hackman hams it up even more than the original.

HMs
Wonder Woman is up there.
Logan was excellent.
Iron Man kicked off the Marvel movies and is still great because of Downey but the final part is very forgettable.
Spider-Man 1 and 2 are both still great, I think.
Also X-Men Days of Future Past was great.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Why are we not talking about Batman: Mask of the Phantasm? Years later it's STILL easily the best Batman movie of all time.

On the Marvel side of things...well, the MCU doesn't do much right given its blatant disregard of the villains, but it has done justice to Thor's character, and the first and third movies were fantastic. Alfred Molina made Spiderman 2 worth watching - and I think Tobey Maguire makes the best Peter Parker; he captures the more timid side of the character far better than the other two...the less said about Andrew Garfield, the better - and Deadpool was amazing. Bad as X-Men Origins: Wolverine was, I'm glad it happened, if only because it got Ryan Reynolds in as Deadpool and led to an amazing standalone movie.

The X-Men movies...well, the more recent trilogy was a MASSIVE improvement over the original trilogy - much as I love Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart, I have no words of praise for those films other than their acting - but honestly I was disappointed by Apocalypse.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Oh crap I forgot about Mask of the Phantasm somehow. I like it better than TDK. Well I guess my list is live action only then, cause if it wasn't, Mask of the Phantasm would replace TDK. The 90s Batman stuff by Bruce Timm is better than a lot of modern superhero movies

Batman's story was very tragic in that film, his one chance at happiness was taken away. And Alfred was such a supportive father figure unlike Nolan's Alfred

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A movie solely on the show Gotham would be a great watch.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Wonder Woman is up there. So is the first Avengers movie. And of course, the entire Dark Knight trilogy.

Years
I'm not a big super hero movie-goer, but I did like X-Men First Class a lot. Though I liked the X Men Evolution cartoon show as a brat, I didn't really care for the movie adaptations. I feel like Anna Paquin did not do justice to my favorite mutant Rogue. But by the time First Class rolled around I started liking the movie adaptations. I just fell in love with Michael Fassbender's Magneto, and liked the way they made his childhood and the friendship with Charles a central part of the story. I think he and James Mcavoy are both really good actors.

I also liked watching the old 1980 Superman with Christopher Reeves and Margot Kiddler and Terrance Stamp as General Zod, I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it. The remake isn't bad either, Michael Shannon is always a pleasure to watch.

Last edited:
Years
Outside of the typical Marvel/DC ones, there's
  • Hellboy, which is a lot of fun
  • Mystery Men, for being a good parody
  • Unbreakable, for taking the superhero idea in a different direction
  • The Incredibles, for having so much heart and charm
  • Big Hero 6, for Baymax

pkmin3033

The despair I feel that we'll never get a third movie to complete the story is still pretty intense...made all the more so by the fact that they're doing a reboot =/

On another note, I'm surprised that nobody - myself included; I forgot all about it - has mentioned Watchmen yet. It was a little rushed (despite being three hours long) but it was fantastically gritty.

Also the original Power Rangers movie for nostalgia. Ivan Ooze was a great villain. The less said about Turbo and the newer movie the better, but the original was solid.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I like a lot of superhero movies. I don't really have a favourite, so for now I'd say every superhero film released in 2014 except for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. PLEASE don't thrash me for that, I can definitely understand why everyone likes it but I personally thought it was a bit weird and forgettable. I didn't hate it though, just thought it was a bit meh. Thankfully Civil War happened so I can now see the above as a forgotten middle child movie. But asides from that, both Guardians 1 and X-Men Days of Future Past were near masterpeices.

Asides from those the aforementioned Civil War was great too, as was Infinity War.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
My new favorite is Deadpool 2. I had no expectations, having never read many Deadpool comics, but ended up liking it so much I now want to see the first.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Deadpool does have an oddly wide appeal.

Also recently I found this really good movie I haven't heard about until now, made in 2002. It's called The Human Spider. But it bombed and a rip off movie called Spider-Man was released in the same year and overshadowed it. Poor Human Spider.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I'm not a big super hero movie-goer, but I did like X-Men First Class a lot. Though I liked the X Men Evolution cartoon show as a brat, I didn't really care for the movie adaptations. I feel like Anna Paquin did not do justice to my favorite mutant Rogue. But by the time First Class rolled around I started liking the movie adaptations. I just fell in love with Michael Fassbender's Magneto, and liked the way they made his childhood and the friendship with Charles a central part of the story. I think he and James Mcavoy are both really good actors.

I also liked watching the old 1980 Superman with Christopher Reeves and Margot Kiddler and Terrance Stamp as General Zod, I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it. The remake isn't bad either, Michael Shannon is always a pleasure to watch.

You watched X Men Evolution TOO? Literally the show that made me really love X-men! I still like it a lot today, and overall, yeah, the X-men films are generally pretty darn consistent. Apart from the standalone Wolverine films (Origins, etc), I generally like them.

Not love, but like. I'll happy watch another one anytime too.

Back