• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I have to agree that there will most likely be 2 versions, unless they do like what they did in Emerald and add nearly all the Hoenn Pokemon into the game, which I find unlikely that they would remake the third version. Its possible they could, I won't throw the idea out the window, but I doubt it.

Also, i've heard talks about instead of remakes we will get a sequel. Anyone else hear about that kind of stuff?
What makes them think there would be sequel?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I just don't see how they could make a sequel. The Leaders if both Team Magma and Aqua both seen what they were doing and found out it was wrong. Only way I can see a sequel is if they bring Team Rocket into Hoenn.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I just don't see how they could make a sequel. The Leaders if both Team Magma and Aqua both seen what they were doing and found out it was wrong. Only way I can see a sequel is if they bring Team Rocket into Hoenn.

Not really. They could easily pull a Plasma and half of the group realize they did wrong, while the other half stay blind to the fact and look for a different, more effective way to control the legends. I'm with the group that says no to sequels though. Its been way too long for us to get sequels to Gen 3.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I am not really looking forward to a sequel. RSE's storyline seemed good enough and definitely doesn't need any continuation.

My impression on BW's story was a bit torn, it just seemed incomplete.
RSE's story seemed sufficient enough.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Also, the number 2 in the boxes has this little texture that matches Groudon/Kyogre being red and blue, as well, for each of the games... It was a neat decoy, with all the fans wanting a R/S remake/sequel or whatever, but it all ended up being nothing... Or was it?

I really love, as you point out, how many features and details were implemented into this games, that somehow "bound" Black and White with Ruby and Sapphire. The sad part is I really, really doubt they're going to release a proper game. But at least they gave us this.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
It's called rehashing content, it happens in every video game series. There are no definite "hints" to remakes in BW2, most of the things people come up with make no logical sense anyway. There is a thread about RSE remake speculations/"hints" in Pokemon General.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Merging with the RS Remake discussion in PGC...

TTwTT Lost my earlier post discussing this...may try to rewrite it when I get off work.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Ya know I like the idea of a Ruby and Sapphire remake, but what I would really like is a hand-held version of XD gale of Darkness. Not even a remake, just a new game with Orre in it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I feel like Hoenn isn't as classic as Kanto/Johto to even deserve a remake... even though it is my favorite region, I just don't feel like it left the mark that the original two did with the general public. Maybe it's just me though...

Years
I feel like Hoenn isn't as classic as Kanto/Johto to even deserve a remake... even though it is my favorite region, I just don't feel like it left the mark that the original two did with the general public. Maybe it's just me though...

When people think of Hoenn, they think of the Advanced Generation and how exotic the Pokemon were. Its a different land far from Johto and Kanto, making it a underrated generation.

Now, that people have come to terms with the far awayness of other Regions, Hoenn has become the fan favorite region.

While, I agree it is not a classic, because it presented brand new ideas that we were unfamiliar with, it still kept to the old traditions of the older generations minus the day/night system. Its where many current Pokemon fans come from, to them Hoenn is the classic generation, because they never got to experience the older games that included Kanto and Johto. (And yes I know FRLG brough back Kanto, but that's part of Generation 3)

I doubt they would make a sequel to RS. So far the only games I see having direct sequels Gen V style are DP.

That's true, Cyrus is still looking to create his brand new universe, and where ever he ended up, he's most likely made a brand new Team Galactic.

Now to the point i wanna make and share. There is a ton of r/s tiles in black and white 2. A huge amount it just overwhelms me how brilliant it is. Heres the ones ive noticed and some others that i i am guessing.

Reversal mountain- groudon and kyogre respective lairs
Strange house- i am guessing the inside tiles can be the inside tiles that are in the stranded hip
Humilua- pacifidlog town
The plasma frigate- the inside tiles kind of remind me of the space center in r/s
Lentimas town- that route after the mountain lift cart
the route near the seaside cave also reminds me of the r/s route to victory rd

I just thought this was interesting. It may also point out a earlier release to a r/s revamp than some might expect.
Now is there any maps you guys have noticed in bw2 that are similar to rse?

Ok, so I did find it weird about Reversal mountain, theirs absolutely no point but to show the differences between Black and White version. Truly it makes no sense to me, Heatran in Black 2 just doesn't go with a water themed cave. But in White 2 he does, because its a lava filled cave.

Strange house, I found nothing really related to Hoenn. At all. Its just a continuation of the story from where that one little girl disappeared from Marvelous bridge.

Himilua town is very much similar to Pacifidlog town which I found a bit suprising why they would add a water town and gym.

The Plasma Frigate, its just the frigate owned by Team Plasma, its their mobile base, it may have similar tilesets with the Moss Deep Space Center but that's it. I don't really see anything there, however, when I was there in the aftergame, a Team Plasma member did say: "The Sky sure is Vast." I thought that was pretty interesting thing to say.

Lentimas Town is a town made out of Adobe structures. The only thing I find similar between Lentimas Town and Hoenn is that both Lentimas and Lavridge are right by a Volcano.

The route to seaside cave, I don't see much similarity between Hoenns sea route to Victory Road and Seaside caves water route, besides the small push to the right of the route and then the push up north, in which case it does look somewhat similar to Hoenns, except without the waterfall, and the only reason I say somewhat is because the route to the north is short just like it is in Hoenn.

These are great findings by the way. I don't think anyone has payed much attention to these.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I noticed that Team Plasma's two plans are somewhat similar to Magma and Aqua's. N wanted to make a better world for Pokemon just how M and A wanted to make a better world for their pokemon of choice. While Ghetsis wanted to freeze over Unova similar to how M and A activated a drought and a flood over Hoenn. In a way it seems like Ghetsis got his latest idea from M and A which makes no sense as why would he freeze over what he wanted to rule...GF logic. Unless of course it's a reference to the weather Teams (M and A) of Hoenn.

When the remakes come I hope they give Archie more water Pokemon...he only had one and if irc it had no water moves at all...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I noticed that Team Plasma's two plans are somewhat similar to Magma and Aqua's. N wanted to make a better world for Pokemon just how M and A wanted to make a better world for their pokemon of choice. While Ghetsis wanted to freeze over Unova similar to how M and A activated a drought and a flood over Hoenn. In a way it seems like Ghetsis got his latest idea from M and A which makes no sense as why would he freeze over what he wanted to rule...GF logic. Unless of course it's a reference to the weather Teams (M and A) of Hoenn.

When the remakes come I hope they give Archie more water Pokemon...he only had one and if irc it had no water moves at all...

Ghetsis' new plan was the same as cyrus' plan. Destroy everything and rebuild a utopia afterwards.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Also, the number 2 in the boxes has this little texture that matches Groudon/Kyogre being red and blue, as well, for each of the games... It was a neat decoy, with all the fans wanting a R/S remake/sequel or whatever, but it all ended up being nothing... Or was it?

The details were from Reshiram/Zekroms tails. The color and the pattern..

Years
Considering the anime is continuing for some time after the league it proably means this generation isn't over yet. Which could mean we might have another main game (or two if pair) in that time. Why else would the creators of the anime stretch it out? I take it as a hint that gen VI isn't coming just yet.

Years
Ohhh, I so badly want a R/S/E remake. Now that Black 2 /White 2 have been released, there should be some news regarding new games sooner or later.
How long has it been since Ruby and Sapphire were released in Japan anyway? Isn't it already 10 years or something? Man, they sure need to announce something soon or I'll get hopeless :(

If they do make a remake, I hope they will add some more stuff to do after the Pokemon League, for example, something like the Sevii Islands in Pokemon FR/LG.

Years
Hoenn sure has a lot of islands so it's likely. I'll like if they added a piece to the left of Hoenn's map, aka the island of the Embedded tower,ect. Though it won't be the Johto part...unless GF wants to add Johto, I'll be fine with that. If it's for the 3DS it'll fit especially seeing how it's not that big...I'll doubt it though as it'll be a whole chuck of land would make the remakes the games with the most land.

For E4 rematches I'll like it if they gave Sydney Scrufty as it has a similar haircut to his plus it's dark. And Tyranitar just for extra raw power boost.
Phoebe should receive Dusknoir.
Glacia should get Abomasnow to set up blizzard, oh and a Glaceon. People think she's from Sinnoh so having two sinnoh mon's would fit nicely.
Drake should get Hydreigon and Dragonite...that might make his harder than Wallace however...well if Steven is champ the Hoenn league will have all the pseudo legends...

Also give them all themes. Roxanne's will have a lecture hall vibe...elegant music?
Brawly will have wave like sounds.
Wattson would have gears turning.
Flannery will have steam like sounds in her mix.
Norman's would be the same as he's normal like Cheren.
Winnona would have wind chimes...
The Twins would have...I'm not sure...creepy twin music remix? (they aren't creepy however).

Juan would get a elegant, classical remix.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i was hoping for emerald but if there's going to be any remake, they'll probably make 2 just to get more money, the latis thing is a good point, we may have to wait till the next gen, although i'm still thinking the last 5th gen will be gray with the true form of kyurem

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, my first initial thought after B2W2 was announced was that they would go for an Emerald remake but then I realized there would be no version exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back