• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Move Tutor for shards/items?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
I've been asking a lot on here the past few days lol
anyway, I'm trying to make a move tutor that teaches moves in exchange for shards or items in general. How would I go about making that as an event? I already know about move tutors in general by adding the conditional branch
Code:
pbMoveTutorChoose(PBMoves::TACKLE)
but what do I need to add to have it be in exchange for items?
and I dont just mean a conditional branch before hand that checks if they have a shard first, but something that shows like a list of the moves, as well as different amounts of shards in exchange for certain moves.
so something like
TACKLE 3 Shards
GROWL 2 Shards
etc...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Is this something like what you are looking for (I can't post links to pictures yet to had to show the event as text)?

Code:
Text: Which move should I teach?\ch[2,-1,
TACKLE 3 Shards, GROWL4 Shards,Choice 3,
Choice 4,Choice 5,Choice 6]

Script: choice=pbGet(2)

Conditional Branch: Variable [0002: Temp Move Choice] == -1
    Text: Cancelled
Else
    Conditional Branch: Variable [0002: Temp Move Choice] == 0
        Conditional Branch: pbMoveTutorChoose(PBMoves:TACKLE)
            Comment: remove items...
        Else
    Else
        Comment: Choice 1, 2, etc...
    Branch End
Branch End

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
Yeah that's about it! I actually figured it out a while ago using that same list option from one of the test maps and then just doing what you showed by applying conditional branches for each choice and then removing the required items after each! The only part that kinda sucks is that initial list can only contain as much as will fit in the text so I can only do about 8 moves for the tutor. But it's whatever I can work with that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
When you say 'as much as will fit in the text' are you talking about the window titled 'Show Text' that pops up when creating the event. If so then, while that is open, go to the folder your essentials project is in and there should be a program called 'extendtext'. Double click that and the text box should get bigger.

Back