• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Normal

Which are your favorite Normal types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Aaaand my votes are:

Eevee - Hands down my favourite normal type Pokemon. I have a high levelled Eevee on my X save, and she rocks. Plus, the fact that it can evolve into pretty much every type is a big plus.

Munchlax/Snorlax - Munchlax is awesome, loved it in the anime and I simply had to catch one when it came out in D/P. Snorlax is just a big ole' boss.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Fearow line, Dodrio line, Blissey line, Porygon-Z line

explained the birds before. Blissey is so adorable and was a pleasure to use. I find Porygon to be pretty cute and I had a lot of fun using the line.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I went with Pidgey Line, Eevee, Castform, Rattata Line, Porygon line, aaand other mainly for Furret and Dunsparce. All of these Pokemon have been some of my favorites for various reasons (yes, even rattata). For most of them it's because they're really cute and I could care less about how strong or weak they really are.

And then Furret and Dunsparce are two of my favorite shinies (piiiiink) so there's a reason for those two specifically.

pkmin3033

Fond as I am of the Starly line, I'm voting for Meloetta - in her Aria form, she's easily my favourite Pokemon. I sometimes forget how many Normal-type Pokemon there are, though...I don't tend to think of the dual-types as Normal, but as their other type. xD

Years
I voted Persian, Pidgeot, and other: Fearow
That's it...wow. I don't really dislike any normal types, I'm just sorta neutral to them I guess.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Yikes, this is tough. But I'll try to refrain voting the dual-types, as there's a lot of them.

Anyway, my votes goes to Happiny line, Eevee, Porygon line, Furret, Teddiursa line, Linoone, Spinda, Zangoose, Buneary line, Audino, Mincinno line and Furfrou.

Reasons... Eh, I like their designs. :v

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Normal types are meh but I like a few of them. Slaking, Porygon-Z, and Ursaring are all fine examples of Normal type Pokémon because one is a giant sloth, another is a virtual but physical being, and the last is an angry bear who is always trying to attack someone in the anime.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I voted for Snorlax, Eevee, Zangoose and Teddiursa/Munchlax.

Eevee is a given. Really, it's overdone, featured too much etc etc but it's still a great idea for a pokémon. And hella cute, can't argue there.

Zangoose is my favorite pokémon to use on my Ruby version. Always had one on my team for ultra sweeping skills!

Snorlax and Teddiursa/Ursaring I just like the design of, frankly. Well, Snorlax was quite cool in the anime and manga and even in the game, I suppose. Teddiursa I never liked using but it's cute and its evolution is the best bear pokémon in terms of design so they deserve a vote ;)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I voted for Pidgeot, Eevee, Linoone, Chatot, and my favorite Pokemon of all, Heliolisk!

Years
the Chansey and Bunnelby lines.

Normal types give me cancer though due to bad experiences with the normal gym in Black.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Pidgey, Hoothoot and Swellow lines are obvious choices for me. I also picked zangoose. My favourite normal type outside of the normal/flyings though is actually Glameow. Yeah. I actually really love her design. Haters can gtfo.

155px-431Glameow_Dream.png

LOOKIT THIS CUTIE PIE

Years
Most Normal-types I don't really find that exciting, but there are some fun ones for me. Staraptor, Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Heliolisk, Cinccino and Pyroar are all nice ones, though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just like with the Fighting type poll - it's almost impossible for me to just choose a few!

Rattata/Raticate! - both are cute
Meowth/Persian - favorite feline, to Persian mainly, in the Pokemon world!
Eevee - how can I not love that cute fox/cat mixed Pokemon
Zangoose!! - my 4th favorite Pokemon! Cutes ever!!
Minccino/Cinccino - I will sound like a broken record but Cuteness!!

mentions/voted as ???
Sentret/Furret - cutest ferret in the Pokemon world!
Glameow/Purugly! - two set of adorable cute felines!
Bidoof/Bibarel - two cute beaver like Pokemon

wish it was in the list instead of having to go by ??? (having a limit on poll options is terrible) - my main vote would go to it too - none other than my #1 favorite Pokemon (ever) Watchog, and Patrat too. Cutest Meerkats in the Pokemon world.
I think I broke a record on how many times I used "cute" in a single post here on PC

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
My vote goes to Meloetta. It's the influence behind my username, and it clicks really well with my love for music, and musical instruments in general. Not to mention it's the most aesthetically pleasing of all the normal types if I had to take a pick, and they had to make it even more awesome by giving it two different forms with two different secondary typings. I honestly don't know why it gained the Normal typing, but meh.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Bidoof gets my vote, even if it didn't make it into the proper list. :( It's cute and becomes the most functional HM slave in any generation, so I'm always happy to put one on my team.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Eevee is overrated.

I went for the Starly Family and Arceus.

Edit: OH MY GOD I DIDNT SEE ZANGOOSE

Last edited:
Years
Minccino and Cinccino without a doubt. They're some of the cutest Pokemon around and can be very useful with the skill link ability; I fell in love with them instantly when they were revealed in the fifth generation. I tend to have a love for the fluffy rodent-like Pokemon so of course no exception would be made here.

Then there is Zangoose who is a close second. It has a great attack stat though is unfortunately overshadowed by a lot of other normal Pokemon but I find it to be one of the coolest 'mons overall design-wise. In a battle against Seviper he would win 10 times over in my eyes.

Years
A bit of a slower week here in the Favorite Pokemon Tournament, but thank you to everyone who showed up to vote!

Despite the slow start to the week, there were a few ups and downs at the top of the poll. 3 different Pokemon held the lead at one point or another, but in the end, Eevee managed to neutralize the the opposition, and was voted as your favorite Normal-type Pokemon. And despite being out-voted by the Pidgeot family in the Flying-type poll, Starly, Staravia and Staraptor finished as the runners-up, thus earning themselves a spot in one of the wildcard polls in a few weeks.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results of the Dark-type poll that ended earlier today. The next two polls in the tournament should be up later today, so be sure to check back then for those!

Back