• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What are you currently reading?

Years
I just finished the 9th volume in the DPPt arc a few minutes ago. If I have time the next two nights, I'll still be finished with the DPPt arcs by the end of the month.

Hmm, I'm open to most genres besides ecchi, but I tend to stray towards fantasy and magical series. And I think I'm starting to like reverse harems, which is what Akatsuki no Yona is.

Have you given the Sailor Moon manga a read? What about its prequel series, Codename Sailor V? (EN title)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Just finished reading Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit. I have been reading this manga slowly since 2011 because I have been collecting the Dutch versions. I've always liked the story, however the last two volumes (which I finally read) were not so good. The first chapter states the story takes place in Japan and suddenly, from Volume 9 onward, it takes place in... Not Japan. There's suddenly this new place that is an exact replica of Japan and Japan is suddenly this foreign country the protagonist escapes to in the end. Maybe this is a mistake on the Dutch translators' side, maybe they missed that the story didn't take place in Japan after all.

Also, in Volume 9 there suddenly is an immediate war threat, while the relationship with other countries wasn't even touched upon in the first eight Volumes. It's also a change of plot that feels unnecessary, and this war thing especially because the mangaka didn't need it to advance his plot and the ethical issue he wanted to address. The story was already strong enough as it was but with this he kind of brought it down to just a conflict of dying for your nation and whatnot. Kinda overdid it.

An unfortunately bad writing decision to an otherwise good story. The first volumes are definitely re-readable.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Just finished my Highschool DXD backlog... it's so over-the top and ridiculous as ever.

Now moving too the Overlord VN XD

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Currently reading the Assassination Classroom manga, the Ruby and Sapphire arc of the Pokemon Adventures manga, and the manga adaptation of Corpse Party Blood Covered.

Years
Finished up the 11th volume of the Diamond Pearl Platinum Pokemon Adventures arc. Was a bit of a surprise when the end just kind of happened, after the previous chapter was building to such a climax. Next up are the two volumes of the HGSS arc and then onto the Black & White arc.

Currently reading the Assassination Classroom manga, the Ruby and Sapphire arc of the Pokemon Adventures manga, and the manga adaptation of Corpse Party Blood Covered.

Of all the arcs I've read so far (having just finished up the DPPt arcs), I'd have to say the RS arc was my personal favorite. Is it yours?

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
I mean, given that Sapphire Version's my favorite game, it's kind of expected that the RS arc is my favorite. Personal bias aside though, it's really great of all the arcs I've read. Unfortunately my current collection stops at Volume 20, so not only have I not read any of the other arcs after RS, but I haven't even been able to finish RS yet ;-;

Years
Well, you've got about 9 more volumes to look forward to reading in that arc!

Anyway, I just finished off the first of the two HGSS volumes from the Pokemon Adventures series. I'm probably a week away from reading something besides Pokemon.

Years
Ongoing series I'm caught up on: JoJolion, One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia, Berserk, Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals, Yakusoku no Neverland, and Pop Team Epic.

Other than those, I'm reading Hunter x Hunter (currently chapter 242/360 until it resumes serialization very shortly). Quite good so far!

Years
Bringing this back to life because I've been on a Pokemon Special reading binge. 4 volumes in the last week. Hopefully I'll be caught up with every book I own in the series by Sunday. Finally got around to the final volume of HGSS last week and have read 3 volumes of Black & White the past 3 days.

Last edited:

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2017
Just about to start reading Ore ga iru (my youth romantic comedy is wrong as i expected)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
ONE PIECE - KATAKURI HYPEEEEEEE
My Hero Academia - FC20% HYPEEEEEEEEE (iykwim)
Shokugeki no Soma - ELITE 10 VS CHOSEN ONES HYPEEEEEEE
ReLife - LOVE HYPEEEEEEEEE
Ballroom e Youkoso - I FORGOT WHAT WAS GOING ON BUT SINCE TATARA IS BADASS NOW HYPPPEEEEE
Chihayafuru - TAICHI HYPEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2017
ONE PIECE - KATAKURI HYPEEEEEEE
My Hero Academia - FC20% HYPEEEEEEEEE (iykwim)
Shokugeki no Soma - ELITE 10 VS CHOSEN ONES HYPEEEEEEE
ReLife - LOVE HYPEEEEEEEEE
Ballroom e Youkoso - I FORGOT WHAT WAS GOING ON BUT SINCE TATARA IS BADASS NOW HYPPPEEEEE
Chihayafuru - TAICHI HYPEEEEEEEEEE

Ready to read all of them except for ReLife.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Ready to read all of them except for ReLife.
WHYYYYY
relife is great. Unless you're not into romantic drama. in which case it makes sense for you to give it a miss. But if you've got even the tiniest bit of affinity towards romance anime, give it a go. Great stuff.

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2017
WHYYYYY
relife is great. Unless you're not into romantic drama. in which case it makes sense for you to give it a miss. But if you've got even the tiniest bit of affinity towards romance anime, give it a go. Great stuff.

Well, I was gonna say I don't like romance in general lol, but I realized it's not really the case. I will try it out sooner or later.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
Years
I'm currently reading Dark Clover, Enen no Shouboutai, Nanatsu no Taizai, Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou Noblesse (Manhwa) and Hunter X Hunter. They are currently my favorites.

Back