• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create A ROM Hack Fans Will Remember

Sigh99

Sigh99
Years

PINGOSIGNATURE.png

The Goal:

To join forces with three (or more) Pokemon fans to design a story-driven ROM hack that Fans will fall in love with.

Looking For:

- Spriter
- Mapper
- Text Editor

POKEMON PINGO

Overview:

The aim for Pokemon Pingo is to design a ROM hack in which an engaging story meets gameplay that is both challenging and fun.

With this in mind, planned features include:
1. Entirely original region with a brand new story
2. A revamped Pokedex with Pokemon from Generations 1-5
3. New moves from Generations 4-7 (as well a few completely original moves to add further type balance)
4. A Physical/Special Split
5. New level-up learnsets for each Pokemon (to encourage the use of previously unusable Pokemon)
6. Simpler evolution methods

Story (General Outline):??

Your mother was a painter. Every day, she would work to craft incredible nature pieces. The way that she would blend colors and shades to form an entirely new world on the canvas was something you had always admired. But one day, that all came to end?

A terrible fire struck the small town of Niveus, tragically stealing your mother?s life and leaving you and your sister, Ali, to fend for yourselves.

However, that was years ago?

And now, as a 16-year-old, you are ready to leave Niveus Town with all of its painful memories and explore the world with your sister. Professor Rose, the man who took you and Ali in and raised you both after your mother?s accident, offers you one of three special Pokemon to begin your adventure with: (1) Ralts, (2) Sandile, and (3) Timburr.

Once you?ve chosen your Pokemon partner, you head North to challenge the Gym in Silex City.

All seems well until you run into Team Void, a group of maniacal sociopaths intent on literally stealing color from the world!

With the memory of your mother and her paintings still in mind, you make it a priority to eliminate Team Void and save the color of the world.

However, nothing could have prepared you to discover the sinister truths surrounding Team Void, your mother?s death, and your entire past as a whole?

(NOTE: Of course, this is a very general story outline. I wouldn?t dare give away any of Pokemon Pingo?s many secrets ;p)

If You Are Interested?

Obviously, making Pokemon Pingo a reality is no small undertaking. While I am personally capable and ready to complete steps 2-6 (mentioned under ?Overview?), help would definitely be appreciated with world/map designing!

If you possess any of the three skills mentioned at the beginning of this thread and would like to help make Pokemon Pingo a reality, please send me a personal message with (a) the area you are interested in helping with, (b) your experience level, and (c) your age.

(NOTE: Please only age 16 and above! ? I am personally 19-years-old)

As I just mentioned, this is a big project, so be prepared for a long design period. With all of that said, I am very excited to potentially work with some of you to make Pokemon Pingo a reality and look forward to hearing from you incredible people :)

Back