• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Crypsis
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Totadile(So u heard i lieked Totadilez); and Tyranatar
Answer a topic!:
If i could own one Jhoto pokemon it would be Totodile i LOVE HIS SPRITE AND HIS OVER ACTIVE PERSONALITY!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
What was the first Johto game you played : My favorite Johto game and the first one was Gold. It was pleasently wonderful to play such a awesome game in GBA. It was sooo fast to handle. If i click the spacebar it goes highspeed which was beyond control. But still its my favorite game. And its the only game that i've been playing too slow. I haven't even completed the game ha ha. Because the joy of completing it in a day will be nothing more then sorrow.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which of the two did you prefer? Did you use any of them on your teams in G/S/C?
It's got to be Teddiursa for me, definitely! It's simply adorable all-around, and seems like something I would have as pet had such an animal ever existed in real life.

Phanpy isn't so bad, either. What's so special about it is that there's a strong lack of elephants in Pokémon world, this is one of the very few. Aside from its evolution, it might be the only one, possibly. Speaking of its evolved form, I'm generally a huge fan of it; competitively, Donphan is very easy to utilize. It could set Stealth Rocks up, and even survive a few hits to make sure that opponent gets damaged before it's knocked out. If they ever decide to give it a mega someday, I'd be pretty happy!

AmiDesu

Late Night battler
Years
Sorry to hear about having to lose the Shiny Cyndaquil. I would be quite elated just to share a moment like that. I was soft-resetting for one in Emerald after meeting the requirements, but it never quite happened. That was about a decade ago, wow. Recently, I was breeding for a shiny Cyndaquil in X/Y too. I stopped after about 30 eggs. I should pick up that project again!
Yeah, you have to be REALLLLY patient when your hatching for shinies... The most eggs I've ever hatched for a shiny was about 40 when I was trying to get a shiny sneasal, I ended up stoping because I was tired of hatching eggs =w=
I have a shiny dunsparce though, and I love it! <3

Who do you prefer, Phanpy or Teddiursa?
I much prefer Phanpy over teddiursa. I just don't really like teddiursa's design or his evolution, it just doesn't appeal to me :T
Phanpy is adorable, and it evolves into a super-cool mammoth-like Pokémon.
And as I was typing this on my phone, auto-correct tried to change Phanpy to phantom. I'm totally naming the next phanpy I get phantom... PHANTOM PHANPY! :3

Years
Welcome to the club guuuys! :D

I think Gold was my first second generation game.. though it's so hard to recall whether or not that's true lol, might've even gotten Gold and Silver at the same time. But I do remember getting stuck in the Ice Cave and lending my game to a friend so he could get through it for me because for the life of me I just couldn't figure it out.

Training in the game was a pretty big pain since you couldn't rebattle too many people either. Luckily with tons of E4 spamming I finally managed to catch up to Red in levels. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I know that we've had a new topic put up only recently, but I've got another one in mind, so if any of you don't mind, I'll just throw it in here. n_n" Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver? Which version did you get, and why? What would be some of your most favorite moments from these games? What changes were you most fond of?

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
Years
Definitely Joining this Club

Name : Raging Umbreon

What was the first Johto game you played?

Pokemon Silver was the first Gen 2 game I ever played. I remember getting it not too long after it came out in 2000. I played it alot and got up to 249 in my pokedex missing only Mew and Celebi. Eventualy my mom ended up buying Gold version for me so I was quite happy to have both versions. I stopped playing it however after pokemon ruby and sapphire came out and I was REALY disappointed when I couldn't transfer my pokemons from gen 2 to gen 3.

Three Favorite Johto Pokemon: Umbreon, Feraligatr and Tyranitar

This is a difficult choice. Umbreon is definitely number one but whenever I played through Silver and Gold I ALWAYS made sure Feraligatr and Tyranitar had a spot on my team next to Umbreon.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
Name:KamikazeSSoH
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):
181.png
160.png

Answer a topic!:My Favorite Johto Pokemon ?
Feraligatr i mean. that thing is the Beast. best starter for me. and his move set is like WOW! i Like Feraligatr because its looks cool and destroys houses like none. the beast from Johto Feraligatr :D

Top 3 Johto Pokemon ? :
Feraligatr,Cyindaquil,Ampharos

lemonhihi

S1lv3rRay
Years
Name: Ray
Partner Pokemon:
212.gif
230.gif

Answer a topic:

What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?

Scizor all the way!! Why? Its one of the coolest pokemon out there and its particular strong dominating in OU competitive scene ! And one more thing, steel/bug is is really a cool typing XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to Johto club, Ray! That's a good choice; Scizor's one of my favorite as well, haha. Its design looks amazingly fierce, and it has a nice build of stats to go along with it. This Pokémon's very viable competitively; if it's got Technician ability, give it Bullet Punch and a set of Choice Band, and it would be able to get through opponents pretty easily.

I currently have Scizor on my team in Pokémon Y, and simply love it. Without this Pokémon, battling would be much more difficult for me.

Years
Welcome to the club, loves! Good to have you all aboard.

I'm really considering removing the members list from all my clubs. Not because it takes me a few days to update them but because I'm not sure what benefit it really holds outside listing who is a fan of what. Seems like it'd be better to just pop by and participate in discussions.

Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver?

I played HeartGold. <3 Was very excited for these when they were just announced and did enjoy them a lot but the slow-moving PC and battles are kind of off-putting. Takes foreeeever for Pokemon's HP to drop in later levels.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'll go ahead and answer my own topic, haha.

Indeed I have; I've played both. Had to, because generation two was one of my most favorites out there, and skipping its remakes wouldn't have cut it for me, unfortunately.

Out of those two, first game I've gotten my hands on is SoulSilver. This is mostly due to nostalgic reasons, as Pokémon Silver was the first one I've ever bought back in the day. Next, of course, it was HeartGold. Loved each and every moment of these games; they were simply amazing!

Years
HG/SS really did live up to their hype.. I was especially happy with the Pokeathlon.

And now for a new question! :D Did any one of you guys ever get a shiny in G/S/C or HG/SS, excluding the red Gyarados?

AmiDesu

Late Night battler
Years
Did any one of you guys ever get a shiny in G/S/C or HG/SS, excluding the red Gyarados?

I once got a shiny Cyndaquil when I started a new game to mess around on and didn't delete my old file...
I still miss you, my shiny Cyndaquil! D':

Absol-utely! (I am so sorry, I couldn't help myself XD) SoulSilver was my very first pokemon game (Main-stream that is, my fist pokemon game ever was colosseum) and I loved every minute of it! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Played both Heartgold and Soulsilver! I played Heartgold as a ROM, and I own a physical copy of Soulsilver. Soulsilver takes me back to my old Silver days, where I played it for the first time. I like SS more because it has two of my favorite version-exclusive Pokemon, Lanturn and Skarmory.

I don't remember finding another shiny in these games, other than the red Gyarados. Nor I haven't bothered finding shinies either. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Did any one of you guys ever get a shiny in G/S/C or HG/SS, excluding the red Gyarados?
Aside from red Gyarados, I do remember catching a shiny Hoothoot in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Unfortunately, I can't quite recall what I wound up naming it, but I did wind up giving it a nick. Usually, I don't nickname my Pokémon, but when I do perform such actions, I do it because I find said Pokémon to be sort of special, which it is!

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, I think I might have encountered a shiny Scyther. I don't believe I'd managed to catch it, however, or I would have had it with me by now in my Y version, haha. I'm not sure why I didn't catch it, sadly. I probably didn't have enough Poké Ball?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

I once got a shiny Cyndaquil when I started a new game to mess around on and didn't delete my old file...
Wait, so you didn't keep it because you didn't want to delete your save? If that's the case, then man, that sucks D: I imagine it'd be really cool to get a shiny starter without actively trying to get one, but not being able to keep it would really suck. And a Cyndaquil too. Sorry for your loss :((

Personally, the only shiny I've ever caught in any Pokemon game is the shiny Gyarados from the Lake of Rage. For a long time I never knew that shinies were actually a thing, and thought the alternate colouring was something exclusive to that Gyarados. It wasn't until one of my friends caught a shiny Sneasel that I actually found out all Pokemon had a shiny sprite. I never had any luck in finding one though :( The only shiny I've ever encountered was a shiny Dratini in the Safari Zone on PokeMMO, but I don't think I need to say how that turned out haha.

Nope, I haven't main reasons being because I either didn't have a DS at the time that I had money to spend on the game, or didn't have money when I finally did get a DS. Just ordered a 3DS though, and I still have a bunch of money leftover for games, so I might get Soul Silver along with it. OR/AS is a priority though, since I've already spoiled pretty much everything about HG/SS for myself already (kinda hard when they've been out for 5 years), but I'll get around to them sometime :D

Years

Oh no! I would be devastated. Shiny Cynda is soo precious.

But yeah, Megan, me too. ;~; Never did have good shiny luck in HG/SS or G/S/C outside the usual red Gyarados and mysterious egg we got from the daycare couple in Crystal. Maybe when I pick HeartGold back up I'll find one, who knows.

Olli: good choice! I really would recommend picking up HG/SS if you're able. It's worth it. ^_^

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Joining here also!

Name: Leijon
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Bellossom and Meganium
Answer a topic!: Weell, my first Johto game was Crystal. No surprise there. I know you are all gonna rage at me but I still haven't finished the game yet. I don't know why but I've been meaning to but it's just too much work. The last save I got far was when I got stuck in Ecruteak City, since I don't know for the life of me what do you do in the gym lol. I got to Mahogany Town, to Olivine City, searching for an answer but to no avail. Too bad it got deleted :x

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
To be quite honest, I wanted to insert a cheat code in my Silver emulator game, but it wouldn't be fair anyways, because the Pokemon wouldn't be legit. I wanted to actually find a legit shiny in that game.

I should try my luck in my SS game even though I may not be able to transfer it. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back