• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which evil team boss did you think was the hardest to battle?

Years
If any? Are there any evil team bosses you struggled with, either recently or when you were younger?

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
While it wasn't specifically me, friends at school at the time apparently had a hard time with Ghetsis in BW. Apparently his Cofagrigus was too defensive and got away with double protect pretty often and their teams went down to Toxic.

Years
+1 for Ghetsis, but i'll also chip in the double battle with Mars and Jupiter on Spear Pillar. as a 10 year old i had a poor choice of pokemon for my team and with my boi Barry literally sending out a Munchlax versus a Purugly and Skuntank, i knew i was in trouble.

Years
I had a hard time against Cyrus back in the day! Ghetsis was decently strong too, but mannn Cyrus demolished me on the first and second battles at least lol.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
First time I played Black I had a hard time battling Ghetsis and it was his Hydreigon that was hard for me to beat. I also struggled against Giovanni on Yellow since he was using ground type and I was using Pikachu who was my strongest Pokemon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Definitely Ghetsis, took me several tries to beat him the first time I played through Pokémon Black/White, though he was a lot easier in the second Gen 5 games

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ghetsis, there is no competition lol like i've had points where other team leaders are difficult (maxie/archie when i was a kid, i had trouble w cyrus in pearl a while back, i remember lusamine posing a problem) but i dread ghetsis in any playthrough of BW, idc HOW good i think my team is lmfao. that's a hard ass fight man.

Years
oh ghetsis hands down. I remember raging inwardly so many times. my poor ds and its a button :<

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jan 21, 2021
BW Ghetsis for me. I would say Mother Beast Lusamine would be in contention, but I haven't played Sun/Moon with the exact same ruleset that I used with Black/White (the most notable difference between the rulesets being the fact that Revive Spam was a legal strategy in Moon)

Back