• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Re-Branding Agency™

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
The Pokémon Re-Branding Agency™
(Original Thread)
Ever looked at a Feraligatr and been stuck on how to pronounce it?

Ever caught a Gyarados and got disappointed when it wasn't a Dragon-type?

Ever found a Pokémon like Pachirisu whom you think would be simply fabulous with pink glitter stripes?

Here at Rebrandaco™ we hear you, and we're here to put an end to these tragedies.

396_900.gif

If you've ever seen a Pokémon and thought it got a bad deal with its branding, this is the game for you! We will be renaming, re-typing, and/or re-designing the Pokédex, suggesting new and better names, types and designs for each Pokémon within. (You can change the species, too!) The first person will chose a Pokémon to be re-branded before the second person gives it a re-branding and then picks one for the next poster - here's an example!

Example:
Person 1
First up, I've always hated Mr. Mime's name, so let's rebrand it!

Person 2
Mr. Mime is a horrid name, but Fantastamime will make all of your fantasies come true!
Can someone give Jigglypuff a new type combination? I honestly don't think it should be a Fairy. =c

Person 3
I think it should be Normal/Flying given that it's basically just a big pink balloon!
Houndoom doesn't look like Cerberus at all! Can someone change its design?

Person 4
It now has an extra two heads and is also renamed to "Fluffy" while we're at it. :D
I think Skitty needs a re-branding, too! Your choice on how to go about it!

Person 5
I always thought Skitty would look better blue... and let's get rid of that silly tail and replace it with something fluffier!

...and so on!

Hopefully this game is easy enough to understand!

To start things off, can someone think of a new design for Exeggcute? Preferably, it should be a Pokémon with only one body!

Years
/rolls up sleeves
Let's get to work on exeggcute. Instead of being half a dozen eggs next to eachother, the new and improved exeggcute is just a single egg, but elaboratedly painted and embellished like an Easter egg or Fabergé egg with enamel and gems. There are 6 variations of this exeggcute that can be collected like Alcremie, Vivillion and Floette. Each egg is a work of art like this.

My superior exeggcute also has an ability called Easter parade that doubles the speed of all Pokémon in the party for four turns like an automatic tailwind.

Okay, who can do something about the design of Klink /Klang/Klinklang for me? I want more than just a gear.

Years
Gears can come in all shapes and sizes - why not make Klink and its evolutions have many different forms, like Spinda with its hearts? I think we could discover some really cool variations of gears attached together as they evolve!

SPS-ORN-SO017.jpg

Anyone else think Seviper could be made a little cooler? What would you do to it?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Let's be honest, just making Seviper evolve from Arbok would give it 1,000,000x more coolness points. ;D

Can someone give Yveltal a new name so it could be easier to pronounce?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Okay. It is now known as BigViolentBird.

Now think about how amazing it would be if Slowking's highest stat was it's speed. What would the rest of it's stats be like?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Possibly it's attack gains a bit more as well as defense while it's special stats loses since Slowking would be faster and land hits more frequently rather than sitting still and focusing on things.

How about a different evolution line for Hoppip. Instead of weed, flower, and dandelion I feel like something else would suit it more. But, what would it be?

Years
Its ears extend out when it evolves and it slowly becomes a bunny, while also lowering itself to the ground more with each evolution (with Jumpluff being on the ground entirely). The name of its forms have hop, skip, and jump in them, so I can see them being poofy bunnies especially proficient in attacking or defending using those movements!

Aipom suddenly has an Alolan form! What does it look like?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
It becomes a grass type! Instead of a hand for the tail, it has a coconut on it as it wears a frown instead of a grin.

What about the Mareep line being inspired by telephone poles?

pkmin3033

Not too much changes, other than that Mareep's tail becomes *significantly* longer, has wicked-looking extendable barbs on it, and it gains the Steel typing. It can also use Power Whip and Wood Hammer, to the bafflement of Pokemon Scientists everywhere...but, well, telephone poles ARE made of wood, and cables have whiplike properties if you swing them hard enough. It's also the bane of cellphones everywhere because it emits its own radio signal, which it apparently uses to communicate.

The time has finally come - Dialga and Palkia are getting Origin Formes! What do they look like?

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
A black hole and a supernova. But, naturally, game freak has to give them some distinguishing feature from the thing they're based off of, so they both have big eyes

Galar Ponyta is so cute. Maybe we can take some of that creative energy and put it towards rebranding Dunsparce?

Years
alrighty! Galarian Dunsparce is now white skinned with full RGB rainbow effects covering everything else. while we're on that, let's expand its wings to 4 times its size so it can get the Flying typing!

Kingler's always looked so ugly to me. how do we freshen him up?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
How about we make Kingler based off the decorative crabs. Have his entry be it decorates itself with many things and became a sort of ecosystem itself.

Zubat's shiny looks horrible....what color palette should it have been?

Years
AGREED. we oughta turn it neon purple like Crobat's shiny (then change Crobat gold or something) so as to have it make more sense for a poison bat color to have. puke green is just no bueno :c

ladies and gents, Dunsparce is getting a Galarian form, with an evolution! give me a run down on it!

Back