• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] (Open World) Pokémon Return To Blaze And Blades Demo

ant4456

Anthony4456
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 12, 2021
I'm still rooting for you, my man. If you need a writer hmu, but otherwise, I'm still hoping to see this finally get a demo!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
well the first guy i met in route 2 , made my game crash and an error message on black screen. I guess this is going to happen many times so i guess i should try this game later :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2023
Hey i just started playing i love the idea of the game!
The game bugs out when i talk to one of the trainers west of pallet town and crashes.
It also is very laggy and impossible to fast forward when walking outside.
I got an old rod from the guy on the bridge and its unusable, also no button for using the registered item.

Years
I have tried it now for 1h :
I have tried alot of different trainers, it crashed every time, except for the rival battles. I lost to my rival 3 times and even to a wild battle that I couldnt escape from when I had 3 pokemon, haha it is hard that is for sure.
(I was just going to do the quests in the beginning and I didn't know that I was forced to lose to my rival that many times XD) .
I really want to battle other trainers to earn the effort points and ability points and exp for evolving a pokemon. But it crashes when I talk to ppl.

I won't really comment on the other subjects (story/sprites/other mecanics) or so thus far since I've only played for an hour.
I Like the open world concept, really cool!

I will try it out more soon and maybe I will edit this comment.

Keep on working on it, I think it is gonna be enjoyable. (it already is but, you know, when you developed it further :) )

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Hey thanks for trying my game! There will be bugs as I am the only person to actually play the game. I appreciate your patience as I stomp out any bugs in the coming weeks.

If you want to only catch Pokemon, beat the gyms and elite four; check out the README. It will tell you how to gain access to the developer's room. It contains heartscales, nuggets, skill points, a person that grants you all of the Pokerides. It's the room I use for testing the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
The game has been ported into Essentials 19.1 and runs without lag and at a steady fps. The outside world is now on a single map. The game has 8 gyms and the elite four, as well as 5 rival battles and 16 trainers that can each be battled 5 times. I will be writing and adding quests and the main story. Looking for advice and feedback.

Currently a pokemon must win 5 times to get an effort point. And skill points for trainer stats are only awarded by gym leaders so far. I will be altering the formula for effort points as the game progresses and would love feed back. To help players along I have included access to the developer room for bug testing that gives unlimited money, heartscales, tms, effort points and skill points after the player chooses a pokemon in the back of Professor Oak's Lab. I will be moving on to quest implementation and writing the main story.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I'm particularly interested in the "no level" system. This makes me able to change my team any time without having to worry with pokemon's level.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Large update to the Demo. Many, many bug fixes and Poke Rides has been added back in. I'm still waiting on the official Pokerides plugin for v19 but this one works great for now. Flight Masters have been added in each city for fast travel using Pokerides. Unfortunately a player controlled flying Pokemon is not ready yet. I am planning on uploading updates regularly from now on to keep this page more up to date with where I am.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
This looks like an interesting concept and I'm curious how the game will develop with a story. I'm not a big fan of the high levels right from the beginning, but I understand why you would design it like this.

In a completely different topic, I'm working on my own project that is more semi open-world and I really like your outdoor tileset. I recognize some of them when I was hunting for custom graphics and I'm intrigued by your edited Emerald buildings. It would save me a lot of trouble to copy/paste plus clean everything for my ideas and I will off course credit you for your hard work. I would love to use the different custom trees and I will credit the original creators assuming they are public since you used them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
I'm interested in this but as soon as I go outside everything LAGS...is there a way to fix that?

I'm not sure. This Pokemon game is somewhat graphics intensive. I normally test this game with a nvidia 1050ti gpu and it runs smoothly. I have also tested this recently on a nvidia 750 mobile gpu on a 2012 Macbook Pro and it ran well enough. Are you using a dedicated GPU or integrated graphics with the CPU? My guess is that computers or gpus less powerful than a 750m will start to have trouble running this game. I will look into optimizations at some point, but unfortunately it won't be soon.

This looks like an interesting concept and I'm curious how the game will develop with a story. I'm not a big fan of the high levels right from the beginning, but I understand why you would design it like this.

In a completely different topic, I'm working on my own project that is more semi open-world and I really like your outdoor tileset. I recognize some of them when I was hunting for custom graphics and I'm intrigued by your edited Emerald buildings. It would save me a lot of trouble to copy/paste plus clean everything for my ideas and I will off course credit you for your hard work. I would love to use the different custom trees and I will credit the original creators assuming they are public since you used them.

The high levels were necessary but I had a test branch in which I lowered the levels to 48-50 and then just adjust the needed evolutions that come after 50. I have already fixed learning moves regardless of level of Pokemon. So it is possible. However since the levels numbers will be removed in game in the end, I may just adjust the formulas instead. Both would have the same effect. However I kind of like the steep difficulty curve. And I am also curious in how the game will develop with a story. At the beginning of this I never thought I would have learned so much about story telling and writing. And after a lot of study and practice, I am still a bad writer. lol Better but still bad.

You and anyone else are welcome to anything in my game that is public or I created and I don't need to be credited. I assume that everything I have used is public. If it is not I will immediately remove and replace it. I also hope I have correctly credited everything, however I began this project about 6 years ago, maybe more. In the beginning my record keeping was... not great. I didn't think I would stick with it this long, repeatedly expand the scope of the project, or even release it. I will relook through everything and try to redo the credits to make sure everything is accounted for.

Thanks to everyone who has tried my game! Make sure to play Legends: Arceus. This is the game I wanted since I first played Pokemon Red/Blue.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
The high levels were necessary but I had a test branch in which I lowered the levels to 48-50 and then just adjust the needed evolutions that come after 50. I have already fixed learning moves regardless of level of Pokemon. So it is possible. However since the levels numbers will be removed in game in the end, I may just adjust the formulas instead. Both would have the same effect. However I kind of like the steep difficulty curve. And I am also curious in how the game will develop with a story. At the beginning of this I never thought I would have learned so much about story telling and writing. And after a lot of study and practice, I am still a bad writer. lol Better but still bad.

You and anyone else are welcome to anything in my game that is public or I created and I don't need to be credited. I assume that everything I have used is public. If it is not I will immediately remove and replace it. I also hope I have correctly credited everything, however I began this project about 6 years ago, maybe more. In the beginning my record keeping was... not great. I didn't think I would stick with it this long, repeatedly expand the scope of the project, or even release it. I will relook through everything and try to redo the credits to make sure everything is accounted for.

Thanks to everyone who has tried my game! Make sure to play Legends: Arceus. This is the game I wanted since I first played Pokemon Red/Blue.

I figured this was more of a concept than a traditional game and everything new comes with problems. I build by own game around the story despite its semi open-world nature, but there are still limits on what I tried to do. I have a four gym demo ready, but I'm still doubting to post it on the forum as there is no encryption in V19 I know about. I'm playing Legends Arceus already and I'm enjoying it a lot more than Sword/Shield.

Thanks for letting me use your tileset, but I will still credit the edits you made out of respect. I wonder how you obtained your Emerald cycling road tiles, since I couldn't find any clean ones on the web. I used mostly the traditional FR/LR tiles on the first island of my game, but I want to be more diverse in the second one. The many trees and rock tiles you have look interesting, but it can be tough to credit each creator separately.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Biggest Update Yet! Overworld Pokemon like Sword/Shield and Legend! Bigger Map! Now twice as big being 250,000 tiles. Fast Forward Added. Ported to the new v20.1 Engine. This update is a bit more intensive for the computer. I tried to add Following Pokemon but the game slowed to a crawl in the overworld and PokeRide has been removed again. Huge thanks to Maruno! Best update yet!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 7, 2023
Okay first this game looks gorgeous, the world looks so full of life and I love the open-world concept. But uhhhh the first fight with Blue is impossible, so I haven't had the chance to actually play yet though I want to xD

It well.. doesn't feel like it's been balance tested? You're forced to beat Blue to progress due to the scripting. It's a gameplay wall that re-engages you over and over again after each attempt, not giving you a chance to save/move/leave after losing. I love difficult games and a challenge. But none of the starters have the move kit to beat this fight. I tested out each starter for like 20 minutes (yes I spent around an hour and a half trying to beat him, I love challenging games) - Eevee's the best chance I actually had, using pure brute force, but even an Adamant/Adaptability Eevee still just does not have the toolkit to last the fight to the end.

Let me know if you want to talk about possible re-balancing suggestions, for this fight or others, I think I could give a few ideas if you'd like! Maybe you've just been too busy to balance it and that's ok! But it does need to be fixed to play the game xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Update 0.4.1 - Bug fix for first rival battle repeating.

booted up game
It says no game scripts specified (missing game.ini?)

Try unzipping the folder "Pokemon - Return To Blaze And Blades 0.x.x" and all its contents, not just the exe. This will hopefully fix your issue. Post back if it doesn't.

Okay first this game looks gorgeous....

...It well.. doesn't feel like it's been balance tested? You're forced to beat Blue to progress due to the scripting. It's a gameplay wall that re-engages you over and over again after each attempt, not giving you a chance to save/move/leave after losing.

Thank you for the compliment and for telling me it wasn't working. I did not intend the player to battle the rival over and over. The player is meant to loose the first battle, but not repeatedly. It is fixed in the new 0.4.1 update. The game is still very difficult in the beginning and does need further balancing at some point.

Back