Sheep

she/her
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
30,626 posts
14.3 Years
see title ❤️
Which region has your favorite Pokémon? What are some of your favs from it?
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

ZeoStar

Male
dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
4,068 posts
3.3 Years
Johto and Hoenn

DJ Allen

when dark became darker!

He/him
haunted house
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
199 posts
129 Days
unova (black 1 and white 1) really nice and good story!

dare to face unkown?

Xorn

Age 21
She/Her
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
7,752 posts
10.7 Years
Gen 2 has three of my top four favourite Pokémon (✔️ Bellosson, ✔️ Xatu, ✔️ Politoed, not ❌ Farfetch'd), so I guess that?

However if you're asking what gen's Pokémon do I like best overall, it would probably be Gen 5. Oshawott and Ducklett are also on my favourites list, and even my personal favourites aside, it just has some really awesome mons like Crustle, Scrafty, and Lilligant.
And you know when the sun dies, none of this will matter half as much as you thought.
Learn a little self love, cause you're not half as bad as you thought.
Nobody gets exactly what they want.

Bahamut

Get your game on!

Age 18
They/them
Norway
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
253 posts
2.7 Years
Hoenn, Kanto and Sinnoh.

FeraligatrMaster

Male
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
I've got a good chunk of favourites in every generation. However, most of my favourites come from either Kanto or Sinnoh.

From Kanto, notable favourites include Pikachu, Raichu, Gengar, Venusaur, Machamp, and Starmie. Notable favourites from Sinnoh include Garchomp, Tangrowth, Empoleon, Infernape, Magnezone, and Gliscor.
Do you like Pokemon battles? If yes, then come play The Great Pokemon Battle 10!
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
91 posts
109 Days
Sinnoh, the only region where I really like the three starters so far. Plus Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Mismagius, Froslass, Dusknoir, Honchkrow, Gastrodon, Drapion, Weavile, Toxicroak.

I have at least one or two favorites in every region, but in none of them as many as in Sinnoh.
Cleared rom hacks / fan games: GS Chronicles, Zero, Gaia, Opalo, Celestial Light.

SawkTheWarrior

Choice Band Sawk Is On The Gen 5 NU Throne

He, Him.
Canada
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
245 posts
230 Days
Unova and Hoenn.

Fafrir

Vibin' stance 🛡️

Female
In the treasure trove
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
1,466 posts
6.5 Years
My top 2 are from Unova and Galar (Scrafty and Dragapult), even though I'm not a fan of the majority of the latter's Pokédex. Besides the mentioned two regions, my other favourites tend to be from Kalos and Alola: Heliolisk, Salazzle, Noivern, Naganadel, etc.

I have a bias towards newer gen Pokémon it seems.
Staff Anime Villain Collab • Duskmon/Velgemon • Corpse Swallower

| Moderator of Pokemon General and Art Studio | i host shiny dens sometimes. :]
Male
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
88 posts
2.8 Years
I whole heartedly agree with everything you stated.. including your picks for faves.. besides Drapion. and i would add Mamoswine. Luxray is my all time fave, but I do like some from other gens.. Sinnoh had the most.

Sinnoh had the best mix between "cute and creative" and "bad ass and scary" in its designs for pokemon. The characters were also good. It also had my least favorite pokemon evolution with Yanmega though .. loved yanma.. so sad with its evo.
There is no room in my heart for Hate.

Squirtlenator

"I'll Be Back"

Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
90 posts
43 Days
Kanto, Sinnoh, and Unova are home to some of my favorite mons.
Currently Raising:

Nickname: Leonardo

Sheep

she/her
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
30,626 posts
14.3 Years
unova da best <3 gave me the likes of whimsicott, serperior, mienshao, audino, and others! love them! but johto definitely comes as a close second.
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Online now
Posted 44 Minutes Ago
1,063 posts
8.5 Years
Kanto has my favorite, the boy himself, Gyarados. That being said, either Gen 3 or Gen 6 has my favorite all around PokeDex. Some of my favorites from 3 and 6 are: Blaziken, Milotic, Hawlucha, Kyogre, Talonflame, Manectric, Aegislash, and Trevenant.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
27 posts
12 Days
Generation 3 and 6. Has my favorites Swampert, Blaziken and Greninja! Ruby and Sapphire was my 1st game and X and Y was my 2nd generation of anime.
If you think about it, when we trip or fall or fail in life, there is always another one who stands, rises and succeeds in life at the same moment. So do we fall when others rise?

I support Pokémon Unbound, Etherean Dreams, Pokémon Round Redux and many more.

Roni

depresseroni

shen't
PH
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,364 posts
7.8 Years
i keep saying that Gen 4 is my fave region, but weirdly enough, half of my Top 6 of all time are Johto natives (Crobat, Heracross, Ampharos).
Currently Raising:
Benedict the Exeggcute

Lv. 100 @ 6463
Challenge: Legendary Trainer
Legendary: TBA
Steely Dan the Beldum
Tag-Team w/ Ash Ketchup

Lv. 100 @ 6494
Challenge: Pseudo-Legendary Master
Legendary: TBA
VPPSteamAvatarFlair

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh

Age 24
Non-binary
Liguria, Italy
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
177 posts
2.1 Years
The Pokémon from those gens are already part of the reason why I consider Johto and Sinnoh my joint-favourite regions, but I might give Johto the upper hand here, Gen 2 has many of my favourite Pokémon and very few ones that I don't like, and overall my favourite starter trio design-wise (although not my favourite individual three starter( familie)s, even if the Chikorita family is one of those). Some of my favourites include the entire Chikorita and Cyndaquil families, Croconaw, Furret, the Ledyba family, Lanturn, Mareep, Ampharos, Azumarill, Hoppip, Jumpluff, Umbreon, Heracross, Teddiursa, Corsola, Mantine, Skarmory, the Houndour family, Smoochum, Tyranitar, and the Legendary Beasts are my favourite legendary trio - and I particularly like Suicune.
I can mostly say the same thing about Gen 4 but it has too many legendaries and I have less Gen 4 favourites than Gen 2 ones.

As for the other generations, Gen 3 probably comes next, even if it may be because by introducing more new Pokémon there are also more that I find less interesting. Gen 6, 5, and 1 have a mix of iconic designs and others that I don't like much, Gen 7 isn't bad but I'm not really a fan of the Ultra Beasts and so far Gen 8 is the one I like the least, though it may be because they're still so new.

Harmonie

Winds ღ

Age 32
She/her
The Bible Belt. >_<
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
851 posts
13.8 Years
I think Unova, although I've never tallied my favorites from each generation. I just know that Unova had Samurott (my favorite starter evolution ever), Sawsbuck, Zebstrika, and Litwick among others. It was a very strong generation that many of my favorites came from.

I would be sad if we lost any generation, though... (maybe aside from Hoenn, I don't really have any favorites from there)

~Signature Artwork from pixiv

Sydian

fake your death.

Age 28
they/he
Georgia
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
33,055 posts
12.9 Years
like as a whole, the region that has most of my favorite pokemon is probably johto. i can't think of a johto pokemon i dislike. like gen 2 is just a solid batch of pokemon. lots of cool stuff, makes it difficult to decide on what to use when i play through the region. umbreon, furret, ledian, quilava, smeargle, forretress, togetic, bellossom, azumarill...lol just to name a few... :)
LOUDER THAN GOD'S REVOLVER

twitter | twitch

Brendino

New Horizons
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
8,533 posts
11.1 Years
I don't really like Sinnoh as a whole, but it did give us a lot of great Pokemon. Johto is probably my favorite of the bunch though, with Pokemon like Azumarill, Espeon/Umbreon, Slowking, Heracross, Unown, Blissey, and Lugia being right near the top of my list of favorite Pokemon.
He/Him
Tooele, Utah, United States
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
49 posts
50 Days
Well.......I have a lot of favorite pokemon, and I'm not good at choosing absolute favorites in general anyway because I like to make sure I am absolutely sure about it.
But enough about my mumbling, I'll list some.
Gen 1:
Sandlash
Gen 2:
Heracross
Gen 3:
GROVYLE
Gen 4:
Garchomp
Gen 5:
Krokorok
Gen 6:
Hawlucha
Gen 7:
Lycanroc
Gen 8:
Toxtricity

Special Mention: Blipbug
Not because I like it but because dear god it's hideous

Curly Brace

I have tried all of your remedies

Age 18
D12
Seen 55 Minutes Ago
Posted 57 Minutes Ago
4,897 posts
9.3 Years
I've been fond of Hoenn's Pokémon, as well as Unova's.

Treecko's one of my favorite starters, and Tropius is one of my favorite Pokémon conceptually. I mean, it's a flying fruit sauropod; how much cooler can it get?

While a few of Unova's Pokémon might be misses, a lot of them are hits to me. There's something I really like about Pokémon like Vanilluxe, and Golurk has also become one of my favorites. Like, come on, it's a ghost golem mech!

But Alola has probably my favorite Pokémon overall. Even though I'm less fond of Alola's Pokémon overall than Unova's, I don't think Charjabug is gonna stop being my number one favorite, and I really like the Ultra Beats.