• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] NobleJanobii's Art Gallery

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I dabble in a lot of different art styles so just to start off I'm going to show off a few pieces from each type of art I do!

You can see more on my instagram or tumblr under the username Writtenmaddoodles.

Traditional Art:
Spoiler:

Digital Art:
Spoiler:

Pixel Art:
Spoiler:

Graphic Design:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah! I had a feeling you drew your avatar! ('∀'●)♡ Event if it's a friend's design you brought it into the Undertale style very well!

I think my favorites are the traditional Shaymin and the M-Audino the most. The no-outline style always looks so aesthetically appealing to me. Definitely keep the great work up!

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Ah! I had a feeling you drew your avatar! ('∀'●)♡ Event if it's a friend's design you brought it into the Undertale style very well!

I think my favorites are the traditional Shaymin and the M-Audino the most. The no-outline style always looks so aesthetically appealing to me. Definitely keep the great work up!

Yeah nah that was a commission. She has a lovely art style with strong lines so I wanted to use hers as practice first just to get a feel for the style. But thank you! I hope to do my own art in the future now that I have some practice with the style.

THank you! I love to do lineless style so you'll see more of that in the future.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
MAJOR STEVEN UNIVERSE SPOILERS AHEAD!

Spoiler:

Years
That Obsidian piece is just glorious. The way you do the glow of her eyes, sword and embers is really impressive.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
That Obsidian piece is just glorious. The way you do the glow of her eyes, sword and embers is really impressive.

Thank you! I've been trying to study lighting techniques using screen, soft light, hard light, etc. style layers in photoshop and it really turned out well in this.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
To celebrate Mewtwo's birthday:
Spoiler:

To celebrate the revival of aD&D pokemon game I'm in:
Spoiler:

And a sprite I did, though not my best:
Spoiler:

Years
a d&d pokemon game :eyes:

honestly thought i've posted here before but oops guess i've just been commenting on discord-
these all look great! you really do make a lot of lovely lineless art <3
i think if you incorporated the lighting you did with obsidian with the mewtwo piece it would look even more gorgeous than it already is :)

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
a d&d pokemon game :eyes:

honestly thought i've posted here before but oops guess i've just been commenting on discord-
these all look great! you really do make a lot of lovely lineless art <3
i think if you incorporated the lighting you did with obsidian with the mewtwo piece it would look even more gorgeous than it already is :)

Yeah it's based on a website called Pokemon Crossroads if you ever want to check it out. It's called GCEA and it's a lot of fun. I'm currently participating in two runs and while the GMs have different styles overall the stories are really creative.

Thank you so much! It's okay if you only comment on discord. I try to read everything either way.
Oooh you're right. I'll have to go back to that piece to spruce it up later since there's some other things I definitely want to tweak. Thanks for the good idea!

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Couple new pieces! I recently started using Sai to color my reference pics just to make it easier to create them. I also was able to buy some new pens and colored pencils this past weekend so I've been testing them out in my sketchbook.

Gijinka Ref for a main character in my in development comic:
Spoiler:

Gijinka ref for a secondary character in my in development comic:
Spoiler:

And a couple sketchbook doodles involving the new toys:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Daaaaamn girl you ain't wasting any time! Love to see the frequent updates! That Ghost (ghost?) type Eevee evolution is sick. That lantern tail is such a good addition. Very creative! :)

For your human characters, don't forget to use references! I can tell you're drawing free-hand which is great but always remember to look at anatomy and positioning. It's an invaluable tool! It might also help to use a thinner brush tip so you can avoid those crossover areas where the line widths don't match. It might make for a cleaner overall appearance - then you can go over it with a thinker brush.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Daaaaamn girl you ain't wasting any time! Love to see the frequent updates! That Ghost (ghost?) type Eevee evolution is sick. That lantern tail is such a good addition. Very creative! :)

For your human characters, don't forget to use references! I can tell you're drawing free-hand which is great but always remember to look at anatomy and positioning. It's an invaluable tool! It might also help to use a thinner brush tip so you can avoid those crossover areas where the line widths don't match. It might make for a cleaner overall appearance - then you can go over it with a thinker brush.

Hey thanks! I try to update on my art instagram daily so I'm fairly active with drawing. I'll try not to be spammy here though and only post when I have like 3-5 art pieces done that I want to share. And thank you! Yes that's Seishieon, a ghost type eeveelution I designed when I was like 13. It supposedly summons and consumes souls filled with regret to increase its own power.

Right, I always use references especially for humans since I'm still learning their basic anatomy. But what I don't understand (and I'm hoping you'll explain) is the thinner brush. Do you mean, on Photoshop, I draw it initially with a 7 pixel brush and then go back over with a 10 pixel brush?

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
A piplup:
Spoiler:

A froslass:
Spoiler:

Valentine's Day gift for a friend:
Spoiler:

Some fanart for the comic Shinka the Last Eevee. Y'all should check it out:
Spoiler:

Some worldbuilding for my comic:
Spoiler:

Gonna put the description for this in spoiler tags so you can read it if you want.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey thanks! I try to update on my art instagram daily so I'm fairly active with drawing. I'll try not to be spammy here though and only post when I have like 3-5 art pieces done that I want to share. And thank you! Yes that's Seishieon, a ghost type eeveelution I designed when I was like 13. It supposedly summons and consumes souls filled with regret to increase its own power.

Right, I always use references especially for humans since I'm still learning their basic anatomy. But what I don't understand (and I'm hoping you'll explain) is the thinner brush. Do you mean, on Photoshop, I draw it initially with a 7 pixel brush and then go back over with a 10 pixel brush?

and of course I missed this reply rip (also sorry for the double notifs had to edit bleh)

So yes, what I mean is in Photoshop or whatever digital drawing software you use. Try using a thinner brush and making a more loose sketch of your design. Then add a new layer, use a slightly thicker brush width, and define those features that you think came out well in the sketching phase. From there you can keep refining and adding with new layers so you have a much smoother transition when it comes to the linework in your pieces. Remember to use opacity to your advantage too!

Take this piece, for example. There's areas where the lines overlap and break the visual continuity. I hope you don't mind, but I red-lined that piece to help demonstrate what I'm talking about.
Spoiler:

Those red circles are denoting areas where your lines are either too thick, cross over one another, or don't conform to the body - making for a messier overall image. I hope that doesn't come across as too harsh! Because really, it's a simple mistake that can be overlooked by even the most seasoned artists and something that can be easily fixed by making sure you work in layers with gradually increase size and opacity as you reach the end of the linework phase. I don't know what kind of tablet you're using, but if it had pressure sensitivity than definitely make sure you set your brushes to taper at the end - that will make your linework look much less blunt! Sharp lines naturally look cleaner to the eye.

But if that's not possible, than remember to go slow and make sure that all of your lines are in sequence with one another. Keep your pen to the tablet as often as possible when finalizing your lines. If you need to stop and raise your stylist, be careful to begin drawing again at the same position you ended, otherwise the drawing becomes distorted with distracting overlaps that takes away from the visual appeal, does that make sense? You're definitely talented, so I think with just a little more patience you can see some significant improvement in your linework. :)

Lastly, I hope to see you start shading your drawings! I hope I explained this all adequately!

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
and of course I missed this reply rip (also sorry for the double notifs had to edit bleh)

So yes, what I mean is in Photoshop or whatever digital drawing software you use. Try using a thinner brush and making a more loose sketch of your design. Then add a new layer, use a slightly thicker brush width, and define those features that you think came out well in the sketching phase. From there you can keep refining and adding with new layers so you have a much smoother transition when it comes to the linework in your pieces. Remember to use opacity to your advantage too!

Take this piece, for example. There's areas where the lines overlap and break the visual continuity. I hope you don't mind, but I red-lined that piece to help demonstrate what I'm talking about.
Spoiler:

Those red circles are denoting areas where your lines are either too thick, cross over one another, or don't conform to the body - making for a messier overall image. I hope that doesn't come across as too harsh! Because really, it's a simple mistake that can be overlooked by even the most seasoned artists and something that can be easily fixed by making sure you work in layers with gradually increase size and opacity as you reach the end of the linework phase. I don't know what kind of tablet you're using, but if it had pressure sensitivity than definitely make sure you set your brushes to taper at the end - that will make your linework look much less blunt! Sharp lines naturally look cleaner to the eye.

But if that's not possible, than remember to go slow and make sure that all of your lines are in sequence with one another. Keep your pen to the tablet as often as possible when finalizing your lines. If you need to stop and raise your stylist, be careful to begin drawing again at the same position you ended, otherwise the drawing becomes distorted with distracting overlaps that takes away from the visual appeal, does that make sense? You're definitely talented, so I think with just a little more patience you can see some significant improvement in your linework. :)

Lastly, I hope to see you start shading your drawings! I hope I explained this all adequately!

Ah yeah okay I getcha. Yeah I normally don't do lined art, since I never learned any proper techniques for it and lineless has always been significantly easier. But since getting Sai, for character refs it's easier to just color the sketches, so the drawings appear a bit lazier. I'll keep this in mind though for future character sketches.

I actually do typically shade, I just haven't had the time to in most of my recent pieces. But I appreciate the recommendations and advice. I'll definitely take this into account.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Some drawings from this past week:

A quilava gijinka ref for a character in my WIP comic:
Spoiler:

Some Nintendo direct spoilers:
Spoiler:

More Nintendo direct spoilers but this time it's gijinka and a ref for my comic that is not as lazy as the first:
Spoiler:

Some traditional art from when I didn't have Internet access this past weekend (multiple images):
Spoiler:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Been doing mostly traditional drawings lately because I've been traveling so here's a summary.

Fanart for a friend, who's original design can be found here:
Spoiler:

Some drawings based on some pictures I took while visiting Rome:
Spoiler:

Semi-colored doodle of my monotype flyinglocke, with the trainer modeled to look like a totodile (since that's the starter I picked):
Spoiler:

Some more doodles based on my monotype flyinglocke:
Spoiler:

A doodle of my OC, Rose:
Spoiler:

And finally drew the new fire bunny with my fakemon fire bunny:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back