• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Worldbuilding] Has the prison escapee been done yet?

Static Cat

No connection to Zeraora
Years
It's in the title. I'm on the hunt for a different kind of Antagonist! I haven't filtered through EVERYTHING yet so I have no idea if this is something that's kinda different, or if it's need beaten into the ground.

If it has been done a bunch already, how do you think I can get around it? Personalize it?

Any other ideas on a single party antagonist that you might have and you're cool with me possibly using?

Sometimes I'm not the best at coming up with ideas haha! :laugh-squinted:

LMAO it's like midnight and context might help, I don't know if I want it to be a part of a Pokemon Fangame or a stand alone idea for a short comic. What I'm asking is if it's been used in fangames before, or if it's a "troupe" I'm unaware of.

Haha please just help me with this LOL

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Don't know about fangames and short comics, but I'm pretty sure prison escapes is a trope that has been done before in Pokemon fanfics. I did read one or two long ago that featured that. Even if the trope has been done a lot, it's all about the execution. I would at least think a bit how your characters will escape, what obstacles they'll face, and how they'll react to those obstacles. Otherwise, good luck!

Static Cat

No connection to Zeraora
Years
Authors of fanfics have honestly thought of everything at this point lol.

Thankfully this is an antagonist, so I could get pretty creative with the morals, but you're definitely spot on with the execution advice, so thank you. I just want to avoid the comparisons later down the road "of so like _____" or "this is a lot like ____". It's something I always try to seek to avoid in all my writings lol.

Thank you for responding! :)

Back